What's new

Kartarpur Corridor Updates

Pakistan, India agree on service fee for Kartarpur Corridor

October 22, 2019

ISLAMABAD: Despite tensions running high over Kashmir, Pakistan and India are set to sign the agreement that would govern the operations of the visa-free Kartarpur Corridor for Indian Sikh pilgrims.

Foreign Office Spokesman Dr Muhammad Faisal, while speaking to Dawn, confirmed that an agreement had been reached on the draft and the two sides would be signing it soon. He said “the dates for signing of the accord were being worked out”.

Indian Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) had earlier in the day said in a media statement that the Indian government had conveyed its readiness “to sign the Agreement on Kartarpur Sahib Corridor on 23 October 2019”.

The details of the agreement had been under negotiation since March. The first round of talks was held on March 14 at the Indian side of Attari-Wagah border. Alongside the officials’ level talks, both side held several rounds of expert level meetings to discuss technical aspects of the project.

Facility for pilgrims is scheduled to be opened on Nov 9

There have so far been three rounds of officials’ level talks.

The two sides, during their negotiations, kept on differing over various issues ranging from number of pilgrims to the number of days the corridor would remain open and the composition of Pakistan Sikh Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee (PSGPC), which had been set up to facilitate Sikh pilgrims.

The last sticking point was the $20 service fee Pakistan has decided to charge from every Sikh pilgrim using the corridor.

Dr Faisal said that the issue had been resolved.

But, MEA in its statement looked to have reluctantly accepted the fee as it urged Pakistan to review it.

“It is a matter of disappointment that while understanding has been reached on most of the elements for facilitating the visit of pilgrims from India, Pakistan continues to insist on levying a service fee of USD 20 per pilgrim per visit,” MEA said in its statement.

It further said: “While agreeing to sign the agreement, the Government of Pakistan has been once again urged to reconsider its insistence to levy service fee on pilgrims. India would be ready to amend the agreement accordingly at any time.”

Sikh leaders in India also expressed their disappointment over the visa fee. Union Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal called it “shameful” and in a video posted on social media accused the Pakistan government of “doing business on faith” and using the fee for “boosting economy”.

Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh, who looked polite, meanwhile, tweeted: “I appeal to @ImranKhanPTI to withdraw $20 fee imposed by @pid_gov on pilgrims to Kartarpur Sahib to faciliate [sic] *‘khulle darshan deedar’* of the final resting place of SRI Guru Nanak Dev Ji. The world Sikh community will be grateful to you for this gesture.”

The corridor, which would provide visa-free access to Indian Sikh pilgrims to Kartarpur Gurdwara, is scheduled to be opened on Nov 9 ahead of the 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev Ji falling on Nov 12. Former Indian prime minister Manmohan Singh was invited to the inaugural ceremony but he only agreed to come over as an ordinary pilgrim.

The groundbreaking ceremony of the corridor was performed in November last year after Delhi agreed to a Pakistani proposal for providing Indian Sikhs visa-free access to the Gurdwara in Kartarpur Sahib.

Up to 5,000 Sikh pilgrims can use the Corridor on any day to perform pilgrimage.

Pakistan and India are set to sign the agreement that would govern the operations of the visa-free Kartarpur Corridor for Indian Sikh pilgrims.

Any info regarding Sikh pilgrims that how they should apply visa from abroad. Govt of Pakistan should implement easy process of visa for Sikh pilgrims specially. Sikh pilgrims those are living in Europe should come Pakistan directly not via India.

The last sticking point was the $20 service fee Pakistan has decided to charge from every Sikh pilgrim using the corridor.

But, MEA in its statement looked to have reluctantly accepted the fee as it urged Pakistan to review it.

“It is a matter of disappointment that while understanding has been reached on most of the elements for facilitating the visit of pilgrims from India, Pakistan continues to insist on levying a service fee of USD 20 per pilgrim per visit,” MEA said in its statement.

It further said: “While agreeing to sign the agreement, the Government of Pakistan has been once again urged to reconsider its insistence to levy service fee on pilgrims. India would be ready to amend the agreement accordingly at any time.”

Sikh leaders in India also expressed their disappointment over the visa fee. Union Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal called it “shameful” and in a video posted on social media accused the Pakistan government of “doing business on faith” and using the fee for “boosting economy”.
this fee is basically service charges for security, bus service, food, accommodation etc.
We Muslims spend minimum $1000 of traveling To perform hajj Without any hotels, ziarat, Ihram, qurbani , food, accommodations etc. Hence proved india is ungrateful nation.

There are many Sufi & buzargan-e-deen temples in india, so India should not take any fee from the visitors. India is doing business on faith to boost economy .

Last edited:
Pakistan, India agree on service fee for Kartarpur Corridor

October 22, 2019

ISLAMABAD: Despite tensions running high over Kashmir, Pakistan and India are set to sign the agreement that would govern the operations of the visa-free Kartarpur Corridor for Indian Sikh pilgrims.

Foreign Office Spokesman Dr Muhammad Faisal, while speaking to Dawn, confirmed that an agreement had been reached on the draft and the two sides would be signing it soon. He said “the dates for signing of the accord were being worked out”.

Indian Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) had earlier in the day said in a media statement that the Indian government had conveyed its readiness “to sign the Agreement on Kartarpur Sahib Corridor on 23 October 2019”.

The details of the agreement had been under negotiation since March. The first round of talks was held on March 14 at the Indian side of Attari-Wagah border. Alongside the officials’ level talks, both side held several rounds of expert level meetings to discuss technical aspects of the project.

Facility for pilgrims is scheduled to be opened on Nov 9

There have so far been three rounds of officials’ level talks.

The two sides, during their negotiations, kept on differing over various issues ranging from number of pilgrims to the number of days the corridor would remain open and the composition of Pakistan Sikh Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee (PSGPC), which had been set up to facilitate Sikh pilgrims.

Dr Faisal said that the issue had been resolved.

Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh, who looked polite, meanwhile, tweeted: “I appeal to @ImranKhanPTI to withdraw $20 fee imposed by @pid_gov on pilgrims to Kartarpur Sahib to faciliate [sic] *‘khulle darshan deedar’* of the final resting place of SRI Guru Nanak Dev Ji. The world Sikh community will be grateful to you for this gesture.”

The corridor, which would provide visa-free access to Indian Sikh pilgrims to Kartarpur Gurdwara, is scheduled to be opened on Nov 9 ahead of the 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev Ji falling on Nov 12. Former Indian prime minister Manmohan Singh was invited to the inaugural ceremony but he only agreed to come over as an ordinary pilgrim.

The groundbreaking ceremony of the corridor was performed in November last year after Delhi agreed to a Pakistani proposal for providing Indian Sikhs visa-free access to the Gurdwara in Kartarpur Sahib.

Up to 5,000 Sikh pilgrims can use the Corridor on any day to perform pilgrimage.
Why not entrust the project to the local Sikh community and let them meet the operational costs by collecting donations?

Who is this a$$ hole in Pakistan, accepting anything India order?
Many non Sikhs visit Gurudwaras here.

It's very good of the Pak Govt to complete this project and let people of various faiths visit religious places in their country. Credit must be given where it is due. They should of course charge and keep improving the facilities. If it results in more communal harmony and better relations, then it is a step in the right direction. I hope 5000 Indians everyday come back with good stories about Pakistan and various Pakistanis too say good things about Indians who visit.

Who is this a$$ hole in Pakistan, accepting anything India order?
Bhai aap time waste na kiya karein PDF per. Sikh kitny hain jo 5000 har roaz aain gayy. 5 maheny baad koi bhi ni aay ga. Return on investment kaha sy nikalo gayy. Hindus ki kaafi populatin hai jo kartarpur aay gi.

Pakistan, India sign agreement on Kartarpur Corridor

October 24, 2019

5db15689bb786.png

Dr Mohammad Faisal, director general (South Asia and Saarc) at the Foreign Office, and Indian Ministry of Home Affairs Joint Secretary S.C.L. Das signed the agreement at zero line, Pakistan - India Narowal border on Thursday, Oct 24.

Pakistan and India signed the agreement on Kartarpur Corridor on Thursday, paving the way for its inauguration next month ahead of the 550th birth anniversary of the founder of Sikhism Guru Nanak Dev.

Dr Mohammad Faisal, director general (South Asia and Saarc) at the Foreign Office, and Indian Ministry of Home Affairs Joint Secretary S.C.L. Das signed the agreement at the Pakistan-India border in Narowal.

After the signing ceremony, Foreign Office spokesman Dr Faisal said that as per the initiative of Prime Minister Imran Khan, the agreement has been signed while a formal inauguration of the project will be held on November 9.

"[They] were very very difficult and tough negotiations," he said while talking about the several rounds of dialogues between the two sides over the project.

"Under the agreement, the corridor will remain open seven days a week from dawn to dusk," he said, adding that the pilgrims [through the corridor] would arrive in the day and leave by evening.

The FO spokesperson said that the project will facilitate 5,000 pilgrims a day.

"It is the biggest gurdwara in the world. This is how we treat minorities in the country, this is our approach towards minorities. It is in line with the teachings of the Holy Prophet (PBUH)," he said.

He said that the first group of pilgrims will come on November 9. Sharing further details of the agreement, he said the pilgrims who come through the corridor will not require a visa. They will have to carry their passports which will be scanned but not stamped, he said.

Dr Faisal said that under the agreement, the Indian authorities will provide a list of pilgrims 10 days ahead of their visit.

While responding to a question, he said that local Sikh pilgrims will also be allowed to visit the sacred place and a pass will be issued to them.

"There is no change in the country's position on India-occupied Kashmir," he said while responding to another question.

The agreement was finalised after three rounds of negotiations. The negotiations were protracted because of deep differences on various provisions of the agreement, the Pulwama stand-off, Indian reservations over the composition of the committee set up to look after the affairs of the corridor, and elections in India.

The last sticking point was the $20 service fee that Pakistan would charge from every pilgrim for a single trip. However, India reluctantly agreed to it. Pakistan is currently working out the mechanism for charging the $20 fee from the pilgrims.

Following the inauguration of the corridor, a visa free link between Darbar Sahib in Kartarpur and Dera Baba Nanak shrine in India’s Punjab will open for the pilgrims.

BORDER TERMINALView attachment 583692

View attachment 583693

Yaar Sikhoon ka Madina hai ye. Jerusalem fatah karny k baad bhi Hazrat Umer RA aur Salahuddin Ayubi RA ny christians ko aany diya tha.

So the signage is in Hindi and English, Urdu no where to be seen.

Your land your choice, if you have no gherat and suffer from short memory that's no fault of mine.

You to Sikhs and sikhs to you both Punjabis after all, we didn't expect any different even though you people call yourself Pakistanis.

You are obviously an Indian troll.
There are idiots and Buffoons like yourself on both sides of the border. Nations fight with each other and within but time heals everything. Muslims slaughtered each other and got slaughtered . It’s time to move on and bury the past . Please don’t tell me about partition. My forefathers came from India and they suffered tremendously .

So you are not even a native to this land but you preach to me, go back to your land, you was never from here never will you belong here, you are no better then a gypsy who has no where to belong to.

I am not an Indian troll but you are an Indian an Indian who has brought your napak self and your ways to our land.

I am not an immigrant, I am son of the soil unlike you.

So the signage is in Hindi and English, Urdu no where to be seen.

Your land your choice, if you have no gherat and suffer from short memory that's no fault of mine.

You to Sikhs and sikhs to you both Punjabis after all, we didn't expect any different even though you people call yourself Pakistanis.
Now this is a bad move. Only urdu and English should be written.
And please stop talking about immigration. Even Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) and Sahaabas (R.Z) did this. You don't know the rutba of immigration. Don't you want to become one of ANSAARS . P.S I'm not an immigrant .Shukria

Now this is a bad move. Only urdu and English should be written.
And please stop talking about immigration. Even Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) and Sahaabas (R.Z) did this. You don't know the rutba of immigration. P.S I'm not an immigrant .Shukria

You moved from there to here that makes you an immigrant, you are not native you will never be native.

Please stop preaching me out of hadiths, fact is a fact, you are a like Romanian gypsy home is where the money is, no loyalty no love, you are the children of people like Altaf Hussain, nothing like us.

We will keep ok and Baluchistan pure from the likes of you.

You moved from there to here that makes you an immigrant, you are not native you will never be native.

Please stop preaching me out of hadiths, fact is a fact, you are a like Romanian gypsy home is where the money is, no loyalty no love, you are the children of people like Altaf Hussain, nothing like us.

Dist : Sargodha

Main sirf 5 nasloon tak jaanta hoon aur wo saary paida bhi mery gaon mein huyy aur marry bhi . if you know my native language Punjabi, you can talk to me in DM .
Aur mujhy pooray pakistan sy piyaar hai main chahta hn k Dasht, buleda , Aawaran , doki , barkhan, bela , yakmach , kharaan, Nok kundi , Chaman Jewani bhi ussi tarah develop hn jaisy Islamabad. Main Balochistan ko punjab sy bhi axha jaanta hn. Shukria

Last edited:
Name : Muhammad Umair Gondal
Village : Jewan Gondal
Teh : Shahpur
Dist : Sargodha

Main sirf 5 nasloon tak jaanta hoon aur wo saary paida bhi mery gaon mein huyy aur marry bhi . if you know my native language Punjabi, you can talk to me in DM .
Aur mujhy pooray pakistan sy piyaar hai main chahta hn k Dasht, buleda , Aawaran , doki , barkhan, bela , yakmach , kharaan, Nok kundi , Chaman Jewani bhi ussi tarah develop hn jaisy Islamabad. Main Balochistan ko punjab sy bhi axha jaanta hn. Shukria

Read what you wrote, your forefathers came from India, that makes you an immigrant in to the land of Indus, hence you are native, sorry that's a hard fact.

My love is for those who hail from this land, who are native and have been for centuries, not immigrants

Last edited:
Read what you wrote, your forefathers came from India, that makes you an immigrant in to the land of Indus, hence you are native, sorry that's a hard fact.

My love is fir those who hail from this land, who are native and have been for centuries, not immigrants
Glasses mujhy lagi vi hain aur nazar aapko ni aa raha hai. Phir parhain, wo kisi falcon ny likha hai aur Mera poster name Potter hai. :argh::blah:

Glasses mujhy lagi vi hain aur nazar aapko ni aa raha hai. Phir parhain, wo kisi falcon ny likha hai aur Mera poster name Potter hai. :argh::blah:

I apologise my brother, I have mistaken you for someone else.

Please accept my apologies as you are a fellow Pakistani a brother.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom