What's new

Karnataka corner!

That was really funny. For a moment I thought Rajanikant was speaking in Kannada for real! It's only the clip immediately after that gave it away! :lol:

Actually, Rajnikanth's interview is the only authentic part in that clip. He speaks Kannada very well. He was a conductor in Bangalore Transport Service(as BMTC was known in those days) before moving on to Films.

"When Uppi directs, Gujarat succeeds" had me rofling as did Ramdev's "Uppigintha ruchi bere illa, oppikondoru daddaralla". :lol:

This is supposedly a promo-clip for an upcoming Kannada film by Upendra, a Superstar in Sandalwood. The name of the film is Uppi-2(intentionally made to sound like Uppittu, a dish from Karnataka).

I had one of the most intense bursts of Laughter in recent days on seeing this clip. Watch as MMS, Pappu, Annaji, Modiji and Baba Ramdev endorse this film. Guaranteed to give you a laugh too. :)

I liked Manmohan singh part. weak as usual :lol:

This is supposedly a promo-clip for an upcoming Kannada film by Upendra, a Superstar in Sandalwood. The name of the film is Uppi-2(intentionally made to sound like Uppittu, a dish from Karnataka).

I had one of the most intense bursts of Laughter in recent days on seeing this clip. Watch as MMS, Pappu, Annaji, Modiji and Baba Ramdev endorse this film. Guaranteed to give you a laugh too. :)

I am not a big fan of any kannada actors/directors however, Uppi is always different. UppiTTU promo deserves some appreciation.

An innovative promo for sure. Arnold, Jacky Chan, Psy, Baba Ramdev, Obama ... Wow ! Hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:

@Indischer, Dhanyavadagalu share madiddakke :)

I am not a big fan of any kannada actors/directors however, Uppi is always different. UppiTTU promo deserves some appreciation.

An innovative promo for sure. Arnold, Jacky Chan, Psy, Baba Ramdev, Obama ... Wow ! Hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:

@Indischer, Dhanyavadagalu share madiddakke :)

Yeah. Uppi does something different everytime. Yella sari chenag iratte anta enilla, but ade hale formula use maadalla bere directors thara. Avan Super chitra nodidira? Ond thara maja ittu. Our Arvind Kejriwal seems to have seen it too. :lol:

mo-clip for an upcoming Kannada film by Upendra, a Superstar in Sandalwood. The name of the film is Uppi-2(intentionally made to sound like Uppittu, a dish from Karnataka).
I had one of the most intense bursts of Laughter in recent days on seeing this clip. Watch as MMS, Pappu, Annaji, Modiji and Baba Ramdev endorse this film. Guaranteed to give you a laugh too.
@kseeker @JanjaWeed @malgudi @Hermione @vivINDIAN @takeiteasy @Thirdfront @bornmoron @Ravi Nair @scorpionx @nair @Nair saab @Roybot @levina @chak de INDIA

Rofl:omghaha: Thanks for sharing, will forward to all of my friends

Upendra is my ultimate favorite in Kannada film industry and especially his dialogues in Raktakanneru is legendary.

But his best is in his directorial venture of film Ssshhhh!

Rofl:omghaha: Thanks for sharing, will forward to all of my friends

Upendra is my ultimate favorite in Kannada film industry and especially his dialogues in Raktakanneru is legendary.

But his best is in his directorial venture of film Ssshhhh!

I like it Kanta, I like it. :lol:

My favorite Uppi movie is Upendra. Lots of philosophical ponderings were nicely included in a commercial movie. Sshhh was good too. And who can forget Tarle nan maga? :)

Last edited:
Yella sari chenag iratte anta enilla, but ade hale formula use maadalla bere directors thara. Avan Super chitra nodidira? Ond thara maja ittu. Our Arvind Kejriwal seems to have seen it too.

illa, nodilla, last kannada chalana chitra nodiddu, Mungaaru Male. aadre Super bagge baredaa vimarshegalannu odiddene, vibhinna parikalpane, vibhinna nirdēśhanada bagge tumbaa keliddene. Eega annistha ide, kannada chalana chitragalannu nodbeku anthaa ;) Bahusha ********'nalli avu sigabahudeno, sikkidare download madthene :D

dialogues in Raktakanneru is legendary

Nanu adanna opputtene :)

Cheluve cheluvina .... Kaantaaa... I like itt :D

Last edited:
illa, nodilla, last kannada chalana chitra nodiddu, Mungaaru Male. aadre Super bagge baredaa vimarshegalannu odiddene, vibhinna parikalpane, vibhinna nirdēśhanada bagge tumbaa keliddene. Eega annistha ide, kannada chalana chitragalannu nodbeku anthaa ;) Bahusha ********'nalli avu sigabahudeno, sikkidare download madthene :D

Nanu adanna opputtene :)

Cheluve cheluvina .... Kaantaaa... I like itt :D

Bahushaha sigabaudeno ******** nalli, omme try maadi.

Nanagantu adae macchu, longu, rowdyism movies na pade pade yaak maadtaare anta artha ne aagalla. Kathe atwa parikalpaneyalli swalpanaadru twist/vyatyasa irbeku antini. :)

@kseeker @JanjaWeed @malgudi @Hermione @vivINDIAN @takeiteasy @Thirdfront @bornmoron @Ravi Nair @scorpionx @nair @Nair saab @Roybot @levina @chak de INDIA

Lolzzz.That was indeed funny.And the song that you had posted is playing on repeat mode inside my head.:)

But hey hold on....this is the first time I am visiting this thread.:blink:
I was under the impression that this thread was "kerala corner".....thats till I rechecked my alerts.
I am surprised....
So now I know we have 2 Indian regional threads in Pdf...how many more???:devil:

This is an awesome thread :) . Its a good way to became fluent in Kannada by reading what our Kannadiga Snehitaru speak :)

I ve picked up some Kannada during my years in Bangalore to but still have to attain complete Fluency :)

Sandelwood songs are just mesmerizingly melodious I must say :)

Especially Sonu Nigam's voice in them. I 've been regaling myself with Ninindale , Mungaru Male , Just Math Mathalli ( I love guitar based backgrounds ) , Birugaali , Aramane , Taj Mahal and many other movie soundtracks for years now :)

I wonder why Kannada actors like Sudeep are trying to shift to bollywood . Ganesh is superb as always and Prajwal Devraj and Puneet Rajkumar are both coming up fast :) I actually got to meet Prajwal Devraj , his Dad and Shruti Hasan face to face once in a fest organized by a college . Very likable and straight talking guy.

Nanagantu adae macchu, longu, rowdyism movies na pade pade yaak maadtaare anta artha ne aagalla. Kathe atwa parikalpaneyalli swalpanaadru twist/vyatyasa irbeku antini.

:tup:

Kannada nirdeshakaru Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam indutry'na nodi kalee beku. 'Haadidde haadu kisbaidaasa' raagana nillisabeku.

Those blokes are still living in a delusion that, kannada viewers only like films on Rowdyism, Cruelty, Foul Language etc... which is totally absurd in nature. Don't know if this will change in future ?

Lolzzz.That was indeed funny.And the song that you had posted is playing on repeat mode inside my head.:)

But hey hold on....this is the first time I am visiting this thread.:blink:
I was under the impression that this thread was "kerala corner".....thats till I rechecked my alerts.
I am surprised....
So now I know we have 2 Indian regional threads in Pdf...how many more???:devil:

Welcome to this thread :)

This is an awesome thread :) . Its a good way to became fluent in Kannada by reading what our Kannadiga Snehitaru speak :)

I ve picked up some Kannada during my years in Bangalore to but still have to attain complete Fluency :)

Sandelwood songs are just mesmerizingly melodious I must say :)

Especially Sonu Nigam's voice in them. I 've been regaling myself with Ninindale , Mungaru Male , Just Math Mathalli ( I love guitar based backgrounds ) , Birugaali , Aramane , Taj Mahal and many other movie soundtracks for years now :)

Ganesh is superb as always and Prajwal Devraj and Puneet Rajkumar are both coming up fast :) I actually got to meet Prajwal Devraj , his Dad and Shruti Hasan face to face once in a fest organized by a college . Very likable and straight talking guy.

Welcome to this thread. Glad to know that you like Kannada Songs :)

I wonder why Kannada actors like Sudeep are trying to shift to bollywood .

I doubt Sudeep is trying to shift to bollywood, IMO, he had just grabbed those opportunities which had been presented to him.

Last edited:
:tup:

Welcome to this thread. Glad to know that you like Kannada Songs :)

I doubt Sudeep is trying to shift to bollywood, IMO, he had just grabbed those opportunities which had been presented to him.

Sudeep is one of my fav actors. I greatly admire those roles of a lonesome , pensive , reflective Character he plays . He fits perfectly for such roles too--Tall , with a guitar and all :)

I was entralled by Just Math Mathalli :) and Ramya --- simply gorgeous ;) I really wish someday they rope in actors like Surya Shivkumar , Anushka Shetty ( Arundhati was awesome !!! ) , Sonu Sood etc to act more in Sandalwood flicks while they are at the peak of their acting careers. Even Allu Arjun is a good prospect. IMO Language and state barriers should be done away with.

Sudeep is one of my fav actors. I greatly admire those roles of a lonesome , pensive , reflective Character he plays . He fits perfectly for such roles too--Tall , with a guitar and all :)

I was entralled by Just Math Mathalli :) and Ramya --- simply gorgeous ;) I really wish someday they rope in actors like Surya Shivkumar , Anushka Shetty ( Arundhati was awesome !!! ) , Sonu Sood etc to act more in Sandalwood flicks while they are at the peak of their acting careers. Even Allu Arjun is a good prospect. IMO Language and state barriers should be done away with.

:enjoy::enjoy::enjoy:

Gentlemen/Ladies,

@Indischer @JanjaWeed @malgudi @Hermione @vivINDIAN @takeiteasy @Thirdfront @bornmoron @Ravi Nair @scorpionx @nair @Nair saab @levina @chak de INDIA

(Mention other Indian members, if you want them to read as well)

Here's a hilarious story which I came across on FB... Please read and Enjoy maadi :D

A Kashmiri Separatist, a MSM News Reporter and a tough Para-Commando were captured by terrorists
in Kashmir.

The Chief of the terrorists told them he'd grant each of them
one last request before they were beheaded in front of a Camera.

The Kashmiri Separatistsaid,'Well, before I die I want to drink a last cup of Kahwah (Kashmiri Green-Tea).'

The Chief nodded to an underling who left and returned with the Kahwa.
The Kashmiri Separatist drank it all and said, 'Now I can die content.'

Now the Chief turned towards the News-reporter and repeated the same question - "What is your last wish before ou die?"

The News-reporter said - "I'm a reporter to the end. I want to take out my Camcorder and describe the scene here and what's about to happen.
Maybe, someday, someone will watch it and know the Truth.

The Chief directed an aide to hand over the Camcorder and the reporter dictated her comments.

She then said, "Now I can die happy.."

The Chief turned to the Commando and asked - "And now, Army Dog, what is your final wish?"

'Punch me hard,' said the Para-Commando.

"What?" - asked the Chief, surprised a bit- " You dare to mock us? "

"No, I'm NOT kidding. I want you to punch me as hard as you can' insisted the Para-Commando.

"With pleasure" - replied the Terrorists' Chief, grinning from face to face.

The Terrorists' Chief then punches the Commando so hard that he falls back a couple of feet on his back.

But as the Commando touches the ground, he rolls over, pulls a 9 mm Silenced pistol hidden in his boots and shoots the Chief dead.

In the resulting confusion, he emptied his Pistol on six terrorists, then with his knife he slashed the throat of one, and with an AK-47, which he took from one of the already dead terrorists, sprayed the rest of the terrorists killing the remainder.

In a flash, all of the Terrorists including their Chief, were dead.

As the soldier was untying the Kashmiri Separatist and the reporter, they asked him - 'Why didn't you just shoot them all in the first place? Why did you ask him to punch him?

'Because' replied the soldier, 'if I had fired the First Shot, you two assholes would have reported that I was the aggressor and the root cause of all the blood shedding in Kashmir !!'

.... such is the irony of Indian Democracy !!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom