What's new

Karnataka corner!

Bas jeena safal ho gaya mera :bunny:

Naachte raho.I am going to sleep
47421_connie_33.gif

Bas jeena safal ho gaya mera :bunny:

O sachme, mai kal apna weekly cigarette wala rule toda. . week khatam hone se pehle kal ja ke do cigarettes piya. . itna mood khisak gaya tha :D

Dada ki positive rating apki tareef. . upar wale. . bas abhi isi waqt utha le muujhe :laugh:

Aise forums ko bahot seriously mat liya karo...sehat ke liye accha nahi hoga.:D

Damaged God ka bhi kafi had tak haath tha is mamle me.:sarcastic:

http://apostlethomasindia.wordpress...-led-to-the-aryan-race-theory-rajiv-malhotra/

I said nothing about Aryan Invasion theory.

And this is why I said there is no proof to other hypotheseis.'St.Thomas in Kerala' claim has the backing of oral traditions,art forms,and written records.This theory is 'invention' of few 'saffronist historians'

WHO ARE THE ‘ST. THOMAS CHRISTIANS’ OF INDIA?
Thomas of Cana or Knai Thoma led the first group of 72 Syrian Christian families to India in AD 345. There is no record of Christian communities in India prior to this date. Thomas of Cana and his companion Bishop Joseph of Edessa also brought with them the tradition of St. Thomas the Apostle of the East. Later, Christian communities in Kerala would identify Knai Thoma with Mar Thoma - Thomas of Cana with Thomas the Apostle - and claim St. Thomas had arrived in Kerala in AD 52 and established the first Christian church at Musiris - ancient port near present day Kodungallur - the main trading port of the time.

Now understand this

1.Most of the historical records except one put arrival of Knai Thoma as 8 th or 9 th century,not 345.There are many records of Christian communities in India prior to this date.

2.The group of 72 families who came with him form a community called as 'Knanaya' today-This 'Migration of Knai Thoma with 72 families from Mesapotamia' is their tradition.And event they accept that there were Christians in Kerala before their arrival.

3.The only record that gives his arrival date as AD 345-a malayalam record of 18 th century also says St.Thomas came to India,It also says that Christians where here before Knai Thoma migration and some of those migrant 72 families had marital relationship with existing Christians here.

Syrian Christians were called Nasranis (from Nazarean) or Nestorians (by Europeans) up to the 14th century.

The Name 'Nestorian' applies to Syriac Christians everywhere in Mesopotamia to China.And one used the term 'Nestorian in Kerala because it is a sort of derogatory term.And they are still called Nasranis,or Mar Thoma Nasranis (means St.Thomas nasrani) in Kerala.This shows that author of that BS doesn't even have a basic understanding of History of Christians in Kerala.
Another dumb claim.
Real tomb?According to traditions,His mortal remains were taken from India to Edessa,Mesopotamia (the centre of Syriac Christianity of which Kerala Christians were also part of ).In 1144, Edessa was conquered by the Turks and the shrine was destroyed.The relics were finally moved to Ortona,Italy in 1258.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom