What's new

Karnataka corner!

@Indischer It's been a best sporting year for Karnataka. Won everything that is there to win in Cricket.. & now i-league champions. Couldn't have imagined a team from a state other than WB, Kerala & Goa winning football title in India. Great year.. :tup:

Holy!! We're winning in Football too!:woot: Absolutely Anna, this is an awesome year for Karnataka in sports.:yahoo: I haven't followed Football for a while now...but gotta watch that Final now.

I probably will vote for the same option in the Karnataka Legislative Assembly elections. Unfortunate that none of the leaders in Karnataka inspire any amount of respect or confidence towards their abilities.

@Indischer

May be I am being a bit prejudiced, but it seems Karnataka has earned a reputation for corruption after the Bellary mining scam.

Well Tamil Nadu did too after the 2G scam.

And Andhra Pradesh as well because of the Reddys.

Wait, which South Indian state isn't corrupt as hell? :unsure: @JanjaWeed

Tipu’s ring to be auctioned - The Hindu

13th-ring_jpg_1889942e.jpg

Interesting piece of news. Tipu was supposedly wearing this ring at the time of his death. The Man continues to baffle me.
@JanjaWeed @INDIC @scorpionx

@Indischer

I read that Tipu had close relation with Shringeri math. He was not obviously a bigot like Aurangzeb.

I think he treated Hindus within his kingdom fairly well, but was brutal on those living in the outlying regions and kingdoms. A Man largely consistent with the times no doubt, although he had a good eye for technology.

Not surprised at all. Tipu Sultan did have affinity towards hindu gods & beliefs. His letters to then Shankaracharya of Sringeri mutt is testament to that fact.

Most rulers in those times tried to be in the good books of religious scholars in their respective areas.

I was wondering what those beads on the rings were. Looks like a Rudrakshi mala.:eek:

Not surprised at all. Tipu Sultan did have affinity towards hindu gods & beliefs. His letters to then Shankaracharya of Sringeri mutt is testament to that fact.

Tipu Sultan seemed to have a split personality towards Hinduism.

Congress, no doubt. BJP might come a close second though. The Modi wave is offset by the local BJP unit's infighting and inefficiency.

Let see. The revival is mostly depends upon the seats they will win in UP and during previous NDA government they didn't have any presence in South India.

Tipu Sultan seemed to have a split personality towards Hinduism.

Let see. The revival is mostly depends upon the seats they will win in UP and during previous NDA government they didn't have any presence in South India.

BJP will soon find a good foothold in the South if they stick to their present avatar. A Nationalistic pro-development Party(not just in name but in spirit) is exactly what India needs this decade.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom