What's new

Karnataka corner!

@Indischer @JanjaWeed

what are your guys thought on BJP in Karnataka? Your opinion about Yeduyarrappa and the current Chief Minister of Karnataka.

I don't like the state BJP unit in Karnataka. Gave a poor Government when given the chance, and did nothing different from the preceding Congress and Janata Dal governments(except increase corruption, perhaps). Yeddyurappa is a blot on the Party, but also a necessary evil if the Party is to have a stronger showing in the coming elections.

The present CM, Siddaramaiah, has a reputation as one of the cleaner politicians in Karnataka. But he's also an opportunist who jumped easily from JD(S) to INC in spite of long, strong speeches condemning them barely a month before the jump. He didn't hesitate to ***-lick the Congress leadership which he was bashing for a long time when things soured between him and Deve Gowda.

@Indischer @JanjaWeed

what are your guys thought on BJP in Karnataka? Your opinion about Yeduyarrappa and the current Chief Minister of Karnataka.

Not much excitement, but yes! they will do better than they did during state elections. Could be 40-60 in favor of Congress. As far as Yeddy is concerned... it's more to do with his votebank rather than himself. Not many in BJP are impressed by him.. but his loyal lingayat following makes a huge difference. It's good in a way that he came back to BJP.. so that the split in lingayat vote bank is avoided.

As far as new CM... sounds like he is still in honeymoon period. Reality will strike once national elections gets over & done with!

Not much excitement, but yes! they will do better than they did during state elections. Could be 40-60 in favor of Congress. As far as Yeddy is concerned... it's more to do with his votebank rather than himself. Not many in BJP are impressed by him.. but his loyal lingayat following makes a huge difference. It's good in a way that he came back to BJP.. so that the split in lingayat vote bank is avoided.

As far as new CM... sounds like he is still in honeymoon period. Reality will strike once national elections gets over & done with!

what's the difference between Lingayats and Vokkaligas

@JanjaWeed @Indischer

Please forgive my ignorance

what's the difference between Lingayats and Vokkaligas

@JanjaWeed @Indischer

Please forgive my ignorance

Vokkaligas are actually a vocational community of agricultural labourers and farmers from the predominantly central and southern regions of Karnataka. They have consolidated in the better part of the last century towards a more monolithic confederation and identity.

Lingayats are not a vocational community. They're the followers of Basavanna, a reformist of the 12th century Bhakti movement and one who advocated a monotheistical interpretation of Hinduism through worship of Shiva alone. The irony is, he started his movement to rid the society of caste discrimination, but ended up creating a new caste.:lol: They're particularly strong/influential in the Northern and central regions of Karnataka.

How the hell I missed Karnataka corner?

Namaskara Dash! Ella aarama?:-)

Vokkaligas are actually a vocational community of agricultural labourers and farmers from the predominantly central and southern regions of Karnataka. They have consolidated in the better part of the last century towards a more monolithic confederation and identity.

Lingayats are not a vocational community. They're the followers of Basavanna, a reformist of the 12th century Bhakti movement and one who advocated a monotheistical interpretation of Hinduism through worship of Shiva alone. The irony is, he started his movement to rid the society of caste discrimination, but ended up creating a new caste.:lol: They're particularly strong/influential in the Northern and central regions of Karnataka.

Namaskara Dash! Ella aarama?:-)

Kindo fo sounds like Sree Narayana Guru for the Ezhavas, when he preached, one god, one caste one humanity.

But then the caste system just entrenched.

I don't like the state BJP unit in Karnataka. Gave a poor Government when given the chance, and did nothing different from the preceding Congress and Janata Dal governments(except increase corruption, perhaps). Yeddyurappa is a blot on the Party, but also a necessary evil if the Party is to have a stronger showing in the coming elections.

The present CM, Siddaramaiah, has a reputation as one of the cleaner politicians in Karnataka. But he's also an opportunist who jumped easily from JD(S) to INC in spite of long, strong speeches condemning them barely a month before the jump. He didn't hesitate to ***-lick the Congress leadership which he was bashing for a long time when things soured between him and Deve Gowda.

You are spot on about the corrupt buggers. I hate Siddaramaiah for playing vote bank politics. Hate the others as well. Right now my vote is NOTA.

You are spot on about the corrupt buggers. I hate Siddaramaiah for playing vote bank politics. Hate the others as well. Right now my vote is NOTA.

I probably will vote for the same option in the Karnataka Legislative Assembly elections. Unfortunate that none of the leaders in Karnataka inspire any amount of respect or confidence towards their abilities.

Namaskara, Ella aarama :) Nivu?

Naan kooda chenag idini. Ee sari vote haakak sigalla anta bejaru. Neev vote haaktidira? If so, bangalore inda ne na atwa bere kade registered idira?

Naan kooda chenag idini. Ee sari vote haakak sigalla anta bejaru. Neev vote haaktidira? If so, bangalore inda ne na atwa bere kade registered idira?

ohh....anta na..namdu ide, hodh varsane medide, BJP ge haktini. Namdu bangalore south, Nilekani and A kumar..

ohh....anta na..namdu ide, hodh varsane medide, BJP ge haktini. Namdu bangalore south, Nilekani and A kumar..

Nandoo Bangalore South!:cheers: Nandan Nilekani ge kooda sumar support ide ansatte...particularly in Jayanagar.

Nandoo Bangalore South!:cheers: Nandan Nilekani ge kooda sumar support ide ansatte...particularly in Jayanagar.

Haudu, working mass alli ide, but Jayanagar, jp nagar bitre, bere kade astu ide iluve gottilla, but support ide.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom