What's new

Karnataka corner!

Still we dont have much players in Indian Team,,,once we had 4,,Dravid,Srinath,Prasad,Kumble,,,n now i guess none,,sad part

True that. Equally sad that guys like Robin Uthappa, Vinay Kumar and Abhimanyu Mithun couldn't replicate their Ranji consistency at the international level. But the youngsters in our Ranji side are top-notch. Hoping that they will continue the fine tradition and legacy of Karnataka cricket.

A good analysis of the poll dynamics in Karnataka. @JanjaWeed watch it if you have the time.

One highlight was the only in Karnataka is the number of seats expected by the Congress has shown an upward trend from the previous polls.

@Indischer I have read lots of articles about the origin of Dravidian languages particularly in Southern newspaper, the linguistics from KA and AP seems very critical of some theories which undermines KA,AP.

@Indischer I have read lots of articles about the origin of Dravidian languages particularly in Southern newspaper, the linguistics from KA and AP seems very critical of some theories which undermines KA,AP.

And rightly so. Tamil has undergone fewer changes in it's vocabulary and hence might sound closer to what Proto-Dravidian originally sounded like, but there is no denying that Kannada and Telugu have an equally ancient and distinguished past. Not for nothing have they been accorded the Classical language status alongside Tamil and Sanskrit.

You might be interested in reading this:
Charition mime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What's the period of composition, so Greeks had a bigger interaction with people down South not just confined to North-West. Megasthenes wrote about the South Indians in his book Indica.

The manuscript has been dated to the 2nd century AD. Not as old, but still a near contemporary with the Sangam literature of Tamil which is usually dated between 400BC - 200AD. Iravatham Mahadevan, arguably the most famous Indian(and Tamil) epigraphist, contends that Kannada had matured into a seperate language at least by 300 B.C.

http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j...XyM0CLPEpgjsxlxM1fkLYNw&bvm=bv.63808443,d.Yms

The manuscript has been dated to the 2nd century AD. Not as old, but still a near contemporary with the Sangam literature of Tamil which is usually dated between 400BC - 200AD. Iravatham Mahadevan, arguably the most famous Indian(and Tamil) epigraphist, contends that Kannada had matured into a seperate language at least by 300 B.C.

http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CEAQFjAB&url=http://sgm.pcriot.com/pdf/downloadpdf.php?download_file=TamilBrahmi%20Inscriptions.pdf&ei=T340U5LELYaBtAah1oCIDQ&usg=AFQjCNG4aCTXyM0CLPEpgjsxlxM1fkLYNw&bvm=bv.63808443,d.Yms

Yes, I know both Kannada and Telugu are very ancient languages, only they don't have as ancient literature like Sangam. Both Telugu and Kannada sounds very distinct compared to Tamil-Malayalam.

A good analysis of the poll dynamics in Karnataka. @JanjaWeed watch it if you have the time.

One highlight was the only in Karnataka is the number of seats expected by the Congress has shown an upward trend from the previous polls.
dhanyavada guru. Would be fun to watch analysis from our neck of the woods! :-)

How you say Thank you in Kannada, its Dhanyavadulu in Telugu.
Dhanyavada in singular & Dhanyavadagalu in plural! Sounds bit like telugu.. doesn't it! Even the script is quite similar.. & I can manage to read most of it!

Hmm...Popular front and their foujis in Udupi? I thought it is pretty much confined to Kerala. this must be banned.

UNITY MARCH UDUPI PIC COLLECTION | Facebook

1970596_613622165375542_1226445311_n.jpg

@JanjaWeed

Hmm...Popular front and their foujis in Udupi? I thought it is pretty much confined to Kerala. this must be banned.

UNITY MARCH UDUPI PIC COLLECTION | Facebook

1970596_613622165375542_1226445311_n.jpg

@JanjaWeed
Never heard about this thing in our part of the world before now. Sounds like influenced by the group's activity in Kerala.. & due to proximity connection to Kerala the group is trying to find it's feet in our neck of the woods! Need to be nipped in the bud!

Never heard about this thing in our part of the world before now. Sounds like influenced by the group's activity in Kerala.. & due to proximity connection to Kerala the group is trying to find it's feet in our neck of the woods! Need to be nipped in the bud!
Charcha chal kahan rahi hai ??? Aaj ek dum sanaata chaya hua hai yahan pe

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom