What's new

Kargil’s military success was converted into political defeat: Musharraf

The man is a failure, and a fool. He tried to sell Pakistan's sovereignty, and plunged the country into a war. Anyone who has any respect for him, deserves little respect from everyone else.

Pakistan army 'caught India by the throat' during Kargil war: Musharraf
I also caught my peni* last night, was fun...

Mushi is the only leader i am ready to come out on streets for ... If Mushi is traitor than " Pakistan ka Allah hi Hafiz hai "
Idiots in command are worse than taitors.... and i find it funny many pakistanis here, my countrymen aren't even accepting it as a failure. We must develop the guts to call a spade a spade and a defeat a defeat....

The man is a failure, and a fool. He tried to sell Pakistan's sovereignty, and plunged the country into a war. Anyone who has any respect for him, deserves little respect from everyone else.
he was not "the man", rather "the idiot" for all the harm he has caused to pakistan he doesn't deserve an iota of respect but i leave it to my countrymen who under false bravado and fist clinging can even make ibn al shaitaan a hero...

no doubt that's why false pride has taken over intellectual reasoning..something that western civilization learned in 13th century, we are still struggling...
1000% % % true....!! And i am afraid that we will never learn from the West...all the World Wars and millions of death.... nothing in front of our false ego....! Absolute nightmare...!!

Pakistan still occupies four kargil peaks

Tehelka - The People's Paper

Windy hi,

All these Indians kids can just talk---they can only repeat what they heard from their news media----. The important peaks are with pak military----.

As I have stated many a times---the tagets of kargil have been achieved.

Between you and I----I can confirm this news---the peaks are with Pakistan---we did not withdraw from the ones that were of substance.

I also caught my peni* last night, was fun...

Idiots in command are worse than taitors.... and i find it funny many pakistanis here, my countrymen aren't even accepting it as a failure. We must develop the guts to call a spade a spade and a defeat a defeat....

he was not "the man", rather "the idiot" for all the harm he has caused to pakistan he doesn't deserve an iota of respect but i leave it to my countrymen who under false bravado and fist clinging can even make ibn al shaitaan a hero...

Hi,

What a stupid post---you are totally clueless to what Pakistan military achieved----. Gen Musharraf screwed in man ways----but Kargil was not one of them---.

I don't accept it is because I know what it is----.

And don't listen to the B S that Musharraf haters spread about Kargil.

In theory then the Iraq war was a success for USA - they booted out Saddam's government within only 18 days. But nobody sane would call Iraq a success for USA - because it has to be measured by its long term impact. Tactically, Musharraf's plan was great. But it is a plan you would expect to come up from a hot headed Major, and the reality is that in any armed forces would be that cooler, more senior heads will prevail. Saner heads did not prevail in Kashmir for Pakistan, leading to an international relations fiasco - nor did they prevail in Bush's government during Iraq leading to a still unfolding humanitarian disaster in that part of the world. In an ideal world, mature senior generals would ask the hard questions -
  • How many allies do we have?
  • Will the international community support us?
  • How long can we sustain the operation? Months? Years?
These are basic questions that must be asked by any senior commander, especially if the democratically elected leader of the country you are attacking is in the process of signing a peace agreement with the democratically elected leader of your own country (who by the way has been in the dark about the whole operation, and would be deposed by a coup soon).

Really, you have to ask what was Musharraf's long term plan? What was he expecting? And this whole saga, and his public comments point to a person who may be a very good battlefield soldier, but someone who has no long term planning skills - in other words, someone unfit to be the COAS.

And this should be a lesson to us South Asians too. As I have mentioned before in this forum, us Indians, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis are way too hot headed to plan in a long term fashion - and this is why we are not developed. One glorious first victory matters nothing if there is no follow up plan. All you will gain is some chest-thumping jazbaati, while in reality you will remain a loser.

Pakistanis need to stop buying into the propaganda that Kargil was a failure. It absolutely wasn't. Fact is, to this day Pakistan Army controls some of the most important strategic high points in Kargil. Indian propaganda states that all Pakistani army evacuated from Kargil, this isn't true. Also in Kargil, Pakistan inflicted multiple times higher casualty rate on Indian troops. This is the reason Indian army suppressed their battle records in Kargil and even flat out lied about fake encounters to credit themselves extra kills that never happened.

Windy hi,

All these Indians kids can just talk---they can only repeat what they heard from their news media----. The important peaks are with pak military----.

As I have stated many a times---the tagets of kargil have been achieved.

Between you and I----I can confirm this news---the peaks are with Pakistan---we did not withdraw from the ones that were of substance.

Hi,

What a stupid post---you are totally clueless to what Pakistan military achieved----. Gen Musharraf screwed in man ways----but Kargil was not one of them---.

I don't accept it is because I know what it is----.

And don't listen to the B S that Musharraf haters spread about Kargil.

The most Important Peak is Tiger Hill which overlook NH1 , which was released , and the peak you are referring is on low area surrounded by High hills form all side.

A) I must say you , you came to know more about PAK ( kargil) more from India media rather PAK itself. isn't it so?
B) Any News which Fav PAK is correct news and any news which against PAK is India Media bashing.
C) then why isn't the BAN on Kargil report by PAK?

Pakistanis need to stop buying into the propaganda that Kargil was a failure. It absolutely wasn't. Fact is, to this day Pakistan Army controls some of the most important strategic high points in Kargil. Indian propaganda states that all Pakistani army evacuated from Kargil, this isn't true. Also in Kargil, Pakistan inflicted multiple times higher casualty rate on Indian troops. This is the reason Indian army suppressed their battle records in Kargil and even flat out lied about fake encounters to credit themselves extra kills that never happened.
Can you please tell me the what are those Heights on MAP?

India didn't suppress its internal finding reports , In fact ITs PAK Army which Ban the report citing National Security ? Whom you are fooling? if it was success, why are PA feeling so ashamed of releasing Kargil Report , let the PAK people know about it?

Last edited:
Gen. Musharraf loves Pakistan & he is the right choice for Pakistan.

Why he didn't inform anyone before doing Kargil??

How Indians were able to get hold of that recording?? Did the Chinese give u that?? US?? just curious??

have you heard the recordings? They're very interesting.

Pehchaan Kaun?

hqdefault.jpg

Their own former COAS has accepted it.

And then bombed the Pakistani soldiers to smithereens...Pakistanis called it victory!! Yes!!

Which peak and how are they important ?

In theory then the Iraq war was a success for USA - they booted out Saddam's government within only 18 days. But nobody sane would call Iraq a success for USA - because it has to be measured by its long term impact. Tactically, Musharraf's plan was great. But it is a plan you would expect to come up from a hot headed Major, and the reality is that in any armed forces would be that cooler, more senior heads will prevail. Saner heads did not prevail in Kashmir for Pakistan, leading to an international relations fiasco - nor did they prevail in Bush's government during Iraq leading to a still unfolding humanitarian disaster in that part of the world. In an ideal world, mature senior generals would ask the hard questions -
  • How many allies do we have?
  • Will the international community support us?
  • How long can we sustain the operation? Months? Years?
These are basic questions that must be asked by any senior commander, especially if the democratically elected leader of the country you are attacking is in the process of signing a peace agreement with the democratically elected leader of your own country (who by the way has been in the dark about the whole operation, and would be deposed by a coup soon).

Really, you have to ask what was Musharraf's long term plan? What was he expecting? And this whole saga, and his public comments point to a person who may be a very good battlefield soldier, but someone who has no long term planning skills - in other words, someone unfit to be the COAS.

And this should be a lesson to us South Asians too. As I have mentioned before in this forum, us Indians, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis are way too hot headed to plan in a long term fashion - and this is why we are not developed. One glorious first victory matters nothing if there is no follow up plan. All you will gain is some chest-thumping jazbaati, while in reality you will remain a loser.

Hi,

Welcome to the board----. For some people long term plans work and for others----short term goals are welcome. Long term planners cannot comprehend how the short term goalers get by---.

What Kargil proved for Pakistan is that Cold start doctrine will work in favor of Pakistan better than for India.

The long term plan is to keep those peaks that pak army is holding onto---.

Pakistan military struck the arch enemy when pak military was at its weakest and achieved it initial targets and goals and held on to what was important to them----.

Please---understand----there is no yelling and screaming from my side---.

If indian members are happy with what their military is telling them and what their govt is saying---then be it so----. I have no qualms with that----. I can only share my side of the information.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom