What's new

Kareena Kapoor becomes the face of Pakistan's mobile company

What other possible reason would a Pakistani corporation have to sign an Indian actress as its brand ambassador?
Joint venture? KK is popular in Pakistan, She is good looking, She is young, She is trendy, value for money?... Take your pick.

And come on... Surely you are not suggesting Pakistani's don't use women in their adverts?

That won't count as she's an evil kaali yindoo baniya.
she is not kali. She is not south indian :D

[video]
[/video]

When our actors/singers get contract from indian directors then we become poor beggars and when kareena kapoor and naseer udin shah come in here for modeling and acting then we don't have good actors and model in here lol

The popularity and saleability factor is the key.

Just like Wasim akram was brand ambassador for various Indian products.

Its silly to see some stupid comments made over thiS.

she is not kali. She is not south indian :D

[video]
[/video]

When our actors/singers get contract from indian directors then we become poor beggars and when kareena kapoor and naseer udin shah come in here for modeling and acting then we don't have good actors and model in here lol

Damn! That anchor IS better-looking than Kareena! Pakistan, y u no hire local talent?:mad:

Joint venture? KK is popular in Pakistan, She is good looking, She is young, She is trendy, value for money?... Take your pick.

And come on... Surely you are not suggesting Pakistani's don't use women in their adverts?

I don't have access to Pakistani programs, from what I see on net they do have women hosts for TV shows, wasn't sure if they're allowed to appear in commercials or not.

But, I was referring to the larger underlying reasons of choosing an Indian over any local male/female.
I'm sure there are more popular, good looking, younger, trendier women in Pakistan who'll give better value for money.

For a country that only recently boasted of producing a movie at par with Bollywood flicks, it seems rather odd that they'll go back to hiring Bollywood heroins instead of using local models.

This is a good progressive step. It's quite encouraging to see Indian products gets endorsed by Pakistani singers,players etc and vise verse. Go to hell PDF warmongers :partay:

I don't have access to Pakistani programs, from what I see on net they do have women hosts for TV shows, wasn't sure if they're allowed to appear in commercials or not.

But, I was referring to the larger underlying reasons of choosing an Indian over any local male/female.
I'm sure there are more popular, good looking, younger, trendier women in Pakistan who'll give better value for money.

For a country that only recently boasted of producing a movie at par with Bollywood flicks, it seems rather odd that they'll go back to hiring Bollywood heroins instead of using local models.
Regarding why... Business my friend, Business Q & Micromax are joined venture.

Regarding women in Pak: Women appear very frequently in public advertisements, from conservative to ultra modern, just depends on the service, product and target market.

For example if you typed in Telenor Pakistan or Mobilnk Jazz in your Google images you would find young trendy women, if you typed in Dalda Cooking oil you will find women garbed as the loyal home-maker type.

Cash is king...

Since 51? But hiring outsiders is a recent trend, innit?
Local talent for me includes engineers, scientists, professionals not just musicians or artists...

she is annoying even as anchor .too much fake buttering lol

Pakistan has plenty of beautiful girls but they dont like this profession of modeling

That's one good reason right there...actually, even in India, girls who dabble at modeling/acting are frowned upon...but once you rake in the moolah, the same people start adoring you. Mental!

This is a good progressive step. It's quite encouraging to see Indian products gets endorsed by Pakistani singers,players etc and vise verse. Go to hell PDF warmongers :partay:

What a nice way of saying that :D

On topic, I wonder is this a second thread on the subject or the pervious one renamed??

Lol its height selling dirty cheap Chinese inferior product to Pakistanis .....who tends to loose in last....and win win situation for Chinese directly and for Indian indirectly:p:p:p:eek:

same mobiles are also being sold in India with different brand names. Poor Indian need our money hahah that was the argument of intellectual indians against Pakistani artists :D

Back
Top Bottom