What's new

Karachi's Bun Kebabs

I have always wondered why so many Pashtun take so easily to speaking Punjabi ...

I mean it is fun to speak, since it just rolls out and seems so informal, especially when with friends.

Is that it or some other reason?
Pathan bhai's (and apparently bajis) have always been good at adapting to languages. Remember Neo with his ability for a million languages?

Lahore de Chikkar Cholay!

Do Indians get Chikkar Cholay there?

They are like what Indians would normally get eating Channa puri, but in Lahore they use these smaller chick peas, mash some of them up to make a thicker chnna gravy... and it all gets a muddy look.

No the rice flour chappati gets as hard a stone after a while.

Its made of maida or what you call it corn flour

No Jana.. it is made with Rice powder and Coconut milk ,not maida.. called appam or palappam...and yeah, served with Duck roast...:smitten:

I forgot Butt sahab ka hareesa, Nisbet road Lahore only available from Aug-March.
Its Amritsari Hareesa on Nisbet Road. Had it a week a ago with garam garam kulchay tey thandi bottelaaan

you are right my friend but not everybody is smart like you

i was expecting some of the members to say ....... oh haan maine khaye hain :smitten: and phir main pochta

ke bhai kon se paye khaye thay :rofl::rofl::rofl:

But they do make siray (head) of machli and eat it with plain rice. I think its a kashmiri food

khanay peenay se aaj bari kamal ki cheez yaad aa gayi

If any of you ever visit "Mela" in Pakistan?

I remember i went there 1-2 times when i was very young and bought this Chapati/Roti called "Katlama" i don't know if you can buy this from outside but i only found this being sold twice or thrice always in the "Mela/Fun fair"

Its very tasty

Went to have samosas from the Liberty cinema walay uncle with a few friends from my office this evening. Mujhay yaad tha k forum k liay aik pic laini thi per samosoon mein asay khoya k...............! Lahores' best samosas IMHO. Rs 10 for a potato samosa and 15 for a chicken one(and it is full of real chicken. :-D)
Rs 150 mein 5 banday faarigh.

And I had SnPs Pakistani VIP combo for lunch today to boot:cheesy:
But now am feeling it all:hitwall:
Oh well Lahorioo ko khanay se kaun rook saka hay?:rofl:

What an interesting thread. Nothing comes close to the food we have in our subcontinent. Obviously I am biased towards Lahore :smitten:

How about some daas kolchay.

Kerala is 96% Non Vegans unlike most other states.:smokin:Hi Hi..
--
But ,I liked Pav Bhaji,Chilli Bajji's etc too.
Appam(kind of Rice cake) and Duck Roast:
e7e0cc93e3ecbdbda8063c50cc1ac81f.jpg

Karimeen(Pearlspot Fish) Fry it's Yummy:
71ff7bd80e7c85c6d63e6b962ea0d4ce.jpg

@ Indian members

You know Chennai Dosa is very popular here in London. I don't know really know the taste of it but in our High Street couple of years ago one shop opened with the name of Chennai Dosa and the very next day it was Full. Since that day i have not seen it empty whenever you go u see peoples cueing up even outside and later on they opened 3-4 more branches in High Street and all of them are full. I many times thought to give it a try but never been there yet.

Must be very tasty i guess

@Zaki:It must be "Saravana Bhavan" Chain of Hotels from Madras.They are quiet famous in South India too.
Saravanaa Bhavan - Restaurants

This Dosa,Idly items are popularized from a Place Near Mangalore called "Udupi".Udupi Hotels as they are called are famous world over.

oh well i know Saravana Bhavan restaurant and yes the address on the website is right. Its the same high street but i am not talking about Sarava Bhavan. That restaurant is not very popular in Manor Park. I mean you find customers there but its not as full as Chennai Dosa.

I am talking about this restaurant

a23f0211f7b7502763062251dc66b795.jpg

They have at least 3 branches in this High Street (Manor Park/East Ham)

@Zaki:It must be "Saravana Bhavan" Chain of Hotels from Madras.They are quiet famous in South India too.
Saravanaa Bhavan - Restaurants

This Dosa,Idly items are popularized from a Place Near Mangalore called "Udupi".Udupi Hotels as they are called are famous world over.
Udupi cuisine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and yes i know about Idli, Dosa and few other South Indian food dishes (never heard of Udupi though). I have seen them but never tasted it

anyway thanks for your time

OK so I was stuck in office and decided to pick this beauty up while coming back home this evening.
I present the humble bun pluster, aka sheeda burger aka anda shami burger aka bun kabab
06d7aee6518977a2a287d8e2b344e8c6.jpg

62ba4235ef255a51b39bec1df1615300.jpg

cb131f50b8d4eb4b2871c24f4cd79306.jpg

d0c5b35db9b78138888fabf08fc4b8ad.jpg

Best Bun Kababs , cafeteria of my UNI .. Though ull find pretty good in SADR also.. Apart from this , nothing matches the taste of Etton Garlic Mayos role or the SAFA role , Plus the behari kababs of Buns Road and Zahids Nehary and who can forget the speciality of this city which is Biryaaaani ..! Mouth watering food variety in this part of Pakistan ..!
I havent been to lahore yet but miss those Phajay de Payas and Patoras of Food street ..Awesome food there as well ..!

There was a chap just outside the A+E of JPMC, who used to coset his thaila up every evening and ,make Bun Kebabs.HIs Special BunKebab(with Egg) used to be really good.As to Nehari, Sabris was the best. Chola wala of choice was the one on BahadurabadCahurangy(round about).Best Biryani was Students when it still used to be a shack. Iam talking late 80s so a lot may have changed since then. Now I cant digest half of those MAsaladar foods:cheesy::lol::D
Araz

Back
Top Bottom