What's new

Karachiites! Have you ever tried to look at PPP objectively?

Both of em will get together, create ethno-nationalist (supposed) left wing parties and cry together

And everyone will ignore em,

They need to realize every city in Pakistan is for any Pakistanis to move into (including any of the Punjab cities-they already have a decent Muhajir population -Lahore, Multan etc)- Thier is even a Muhajir MQM senator from pindi

If you wanna cry, cry but no one's listening

If you create ruckus you'll be dealt with aka MQM...
Every city is a Pakistani city so why Karachi is neglecting where as in Punjab they are dealing it differently. Good to see mqm is sidelined.

Every city is a Pakistani city so why Karachi is neglecting where as in Punjab they are dealing it differently. Good to see mqm is sidelined.
Army is from Punjab and nowadays KP... I wouldn't call it racism per se, they're ignorant to others problems

That's why strong democratic institutions are nessacary, not every group will join the army

Asalam Alikum,

Born and bred Karachiite here. A Local Urdu Chap from Karachi.

What was going in my head for days and days, I want to write here.

PPP was formed in November 30, 1967, She is the OLDEST political party of Pakistan.

Her Leader, Bhutto, at one point, was hanged. Since then, she has extensive experience in fighting establishment here and there.

It has her OWN pride and light. You can't deny that. Instead you can see it.

Yes, there are EXTREME Corruption, nepotism and nasty moves by her, much at cost of country and Karachi/Hyderabad.

But there can be some reasons behind it. For example:-

PPP can win over SIndh easily without getting votes from Karachi, right? So why they should work in Karachi? On top of that, you have MQM constantly taunting and shouting on Sindh Government - often giving ethnic color to situations. Don't you think they will lose their will if there is any, to work in Khi?

Now, Look at media coverage of PPP....Constant Negative Bombardment on them....well for right reasons often.

PPP observes that nothing this sort of hostility exists in Punjab nor Punjab government ever faces such hostile opposition/media? This make them angry and frustrated and in result, they take their anger out on Khi/Hyderabad.

What makes you think, considering above mentioned facts, that PPP - dominated by Feudal Lords, will ever work for Karachi/Hyderabad?

The funny thing is PML-N is literally same - just bit better in developing things here and there.

Have you ever wondered why there are so many Urdu Walas in PPP? Some prominent names are:-

Taj Haider,
Shehla Raza,
Murtaza Wahab
Sharmila Faruqi

These all above dudes come on TV and are face of PPP on media...Ever thought about this?

Now, there is a news by Samaa TV - That it is BILAWAL's wish to appoint Murtaza Wahab as administrator Karachi. It may not bring much change in Khi but it is definitely one heck of a move by PPP......Murtaza dude can talk really well on media and since he is Urdu Guy, PPP is hoping that Karachi media won't be as hostile to him as to other ethnicity or Sindhi.

Are you not noticing something? The Karachi media hostility has DRASTICALLY dropped towards PPP after confirmed news of Murtaza getting appointed as administrator. I noticed it again and again.

The BIG NAME Kamran Khan - who keeps a close eye on Karachi issues, was very cordial with Young Educated Murtaza Wahab.

Do you know what Nasir Hussain Shah - Sindhi minister of PPP said on Murtaza Wahab being appointed as administrator Karachi??

Karachi ka beta hai - Urdu Speaking hai.

He said this while giving interview to Aaj Tv - Don't have video of that but I listened/watched that news bulletin.

Here is another news: Karachi dude - Taha Saleem, Urdu chap has been made DC of Central Karachi - My hometown comes here. He is quite active on Twitter and my people are happy to see him over there. They can relate and feel ownership. He is already in touch with prominent Khi chaps.

There are Signs for PTI here when it comes to Karachi/Hyderabad. People of Khi may like Imran Khan and have voted for him but that doesn't mean people here will like other ethnicites dominating Karachi politically. Karachi has seen ethnic violence and still is a sensitive city.

PTI urgently needs Young Smart Urdu Dude to be her face in Karachi/Hyderabad to counter Murtaza Wahab....This is 2021 not 2018 where people will vote whoever PTI brings forward in name of Imran Khan.

PPP's these moves have confused PTI in Karachi. Murtaza Wahab gains more attention of media than Sher Zaman of PTI Karachi. This is bad for PTI

Karachi doesn't have nationalist groups but still we want to vouch for our guy to see if he can PERFORM.

If Young Bilawal wants to have a new start in Karachi then why cannot people of Karachi see him and judge him from new angle?

Hating and criticizing PPP all the time? What did we get out of this? Did establishment help? Did anyone help? Instead we and MQM were just being used against PPP to neutralize her.....That was our total worth for Pakistani state till now. State still deals with PPP and COAS is having telephone call with Bilawal...Woah!

We cannot fight PPP forever...We live in Sindh - cannot fight the party which has remained home party of Sindh for decades.

Too much hostility b/w two - The third guy takes advantage of it and robs both. Happens in Pakistan and world all the time.

I would like to fight for my rights but not at cost of my community is being used and fooled - I WILL HATE that.

Note: I am a two times voter of PTI - waiting for Imran Khan to come into Sindh. I Don't like Feudals and want IK to get complete control over SIndh province......Sindhis vote for PPP because they don't have alternative. Yeah, that's true.

PPP by and large - is a corrupt to core party but if they are giving respect to Karachiites - I say , we should take it....

Putting all eggs in one basket is never a GOOD idea. PPP is a political reality in Sindh and will remain so for foreseeable future. Side with PTI but don't go overboard against PPP.

We need to have a FRESH look at PPP and as far as PTI is concerned, she needs to introduce Urdu face here in Karachi if she wants Khi people/media attention. Introduce Mustafa Kamal - he may do magic for PTI as there is no one as competent as him when it comes to Karachi. He can do the work and also can talk on media well.

@Areesh @mikkix @Syed1. @pakpride00090 @baqai
Moronic viewpoint to say the least. If a political party isn't good for the country and known for massive corruption time and again...at times even openly and shamelessly...there SHOULD NOT be a single excuse or justification for it. If u r going to present justification for these traitors then u r a traitor to ur country as well...as simple as that. Country is above all minor things such as Urdu speaking or regional/provincial/ethnic ties.

Last edited:
TBH none of the national/provincial leaders care about Karachi. For that matter even most of its residents don't care about the city anymore. Its a city that gives every opportunity imaginable to all Pakistani's but in turn is abused by almost everyone who lives there.

All this talk of this party or that party is only drawing room talk, things will only change when Karachi residents start to treat the city like their home, to take care of it like their home, and then force the leaders to take notice.

Bro they ruled Sindh for 30 yrs, got votes from interior Sindh since eternity, what have they done for interior Sindh that you expect them to do for Karachi?
Life will be more miserable if they get votes from karachi. They will take you for granted like they do interior Sindh.

If you are giving excuses and justifications for a party that is in governemnt for deliberately not doing work, and eating and gambling karachi funds than Lanat bro.

As far as pti is concerned they have done more than any federal governemnt has done for Karachi ( except Musharraf but back than majority of funds were at the disposal of center).

Murtaza Wahab gets more publicity because PPP has a lot of journalists in its pocket. The amount of negative press PPP gets is negligible infact even if you multiply it by 100 there performance is even worse than that, as far as PTI is concerned, heck they are even blamed for things they dont do.

You have no idea bro how much media criticizes PPP when it comes to Karachi.

How about we let him work and see what he does? No need to be so judgmental. He is one of the best dude who can be appointed for Karachi. PPP holds all the keys as of now.

I know PTI is working but competition is always better. Don't PUT ALL EGGS in 1 basket...

Lets see what he does...

I'd much rather take a bath in Gujjur Nallah than go out and vote for Zardari, thank you very much.

Also the places where this gunda gardi party PPP does get vote from are they a shining example of development? Wake up and smell the roses, even war torn KPK is now far ahead of Sindh in terms of development. Heck if it wasn't for Karachi's two ports I'm sure KPK overall would have been richer than Sindh.

Lets see what he does. Straight trees are always cut first. This rigidness brought destruction to us.

As Bruce Lee said - Be water, my friend.

people are dying from hunger where ppp has a super majority

Giving these racist your vote will accomplish nothing

I would like to see how MW performs. PPP won't have free ride in Khi and she knows this. The fact is Bilawal took personal interest in appointing Khi administrator - This sounds sweet tbh.

A serious question to you and if we can let's avoid the usual charges of racism which does not take any discussion anywhere. We have our differances so let's live with that.

So the question is this -

• BETWEEN 1947 and 1952 there was a massive wave of migration into Sindh that changed the demography in cities like Karachi and Hydrabad into Urdu speaking majorities.

• QUESTION: Would the Urdu community accept another massive wave of migration that might change the demographics in favour of another majority?

Ps. For the sake of argumant let's assume that the 'massive wave' this time is Sindhi speakers. although the principle applies to any ethnic or social group.

@_NOBODY_ I tag you to follow this.

Not related to our topic. Thank you

A party that punishes a city when it comes to power because the people of that city didn't vote for it is eligible for government? I think NOT.

People in democracy try and then judge. The guy PPP has brought forward is educated and not a feudal. A guy Khi chaps can relate with as well.

Murtaza Wahab appointed by PPP today as Karachi administrator.

This is the same guy who tweets when Sindh government makes a pedestrian bridge as if they did some ehsaan. On top of that he shamelessly takes credit for work done by PTI MNAs and MPAs.

New era of unprecedented development is upon Karachi lol

I will like to see before being sentimental.

Moronic viewpoint to say the least. If a political party isn't good for the country and known for massive corruption time and again...at times even openly and shamelessly...there SHOULD NOT be a single excuse or justification for it. If u r going to present justification for these traitors then u r a traitor to ur country as well...as simple as that. Country is above all minor things such as Urdu speaking or regional/provincial/ethnic ties.

The word "Traitor" is complete JOKE in Pakistan. No one takes it serious.

Thank you.

The word "Traitor" is complete JOKE in Pakistan. No one takes it serious.

Thank you.
I don't care if anyone takes it seriously or not...as Allama Iqbal said...
اگرچہ بت ہیں جماعت کی آستینوں میں
مجھے ہے حکم اذاں لا اله الا اللہ

Ur moral compass should not sway due to personal desires whatever they may be. If u r willingly going to elect a corrupt leader/party(whoever they may be)...knowing full well their character after having tried them multiple times...then u r a part of the misery they will cause...and therefore answerable on the Day of Judgement. So whatever it is that u stand to gain by supporting PPPP...I hope it's really worth it...for a good 80 or so years u r gonna have on this earth.

Who do we have from PTI who can work or be someone like Naimutullah and Mustafa Kamal? What are the names which come to your mind? Khurram Sher Zaman? Aamir LIaquat? Faisal Vawda? Arif Alvi?

Alamgir Khan (Mr Fix_it) is the first name that comes to my mind. As for Mustafa Kamal, if he really wants to do something for Karachi and Sindh then it would be better for him to join PTI. Take example of Shahram khan Tarakai from Swabi. He had his own party and decided to merge it with PTI. Before the merge he just had 1 NA seat and 3 provincial seats. He became the health minister of kpk and did amazing work and people love him for it. Its because of his work and Atif Khan's work that PTI managed to clean sweep KPK.

I don't care if anyone takes it seriously or not...as Allama Iqbal said...
اگرچہ بت ہیں جماعت کی آستینوں میں
مجھے ہے حکم اذاں لا اله الا اللہ

Ur moral compass should not sway due to personal desires whatever they may be. If u r willingly going to elect a corrupt leader/party(whoever they may be)...knowing full well their character after having tried them multiple times...then u r a part of the misery they will cause...and therefore answerable on the Day of Judgement. So whatever it is that u stand to gain by supporting PPPP...I hope it's really worth it...for a good 80 or so years u r gonna have on this earth.

Interesting Comment. But people and time change.

Lets see
Alamgir Khan (Mr Fix_it) is the first name that comes to my mind.

He is not LOCAL. Brought from KPK. A Mehsud Chap, I think. Won't get Khi people/media's attention in my opinion.

PTI needs to introduce local faces.

Young Smart Local Urdu Chap. I am sure PTI can find many in Karachi. Karachi doesn't have shortage of educated and sincere people.

Or Introduce Mustafa Kamal - Karachi likes him a lot.

Last edited:
@PaklovesTurkiye
Nice thread bro. I am supporting your view and in a view to support PPP in future. Question is why?
Establishment military bearucracy hates Karachi or they are not interested in Karachi or Urdu speaking community beacuse mostly our Establishment bearucracy military belongs to Punjabi and some pahari people and their core interest is Punjab always.
We tried Mqm or local karachi party but we saw local party can't function without Sindh Chief minister because of powerless mayor.
We tried PTI a central party but we know now they can't use its power in Karachi due to 18th amendment.
We saw PMLN 2 time as 70% majority PM who has more power than any PM would have in Pakistan but he failed or not interested in Karachi except only in North of Punjab or Lahore.
We never tried PPP in karachi so we should try PPP because:
Establishment only likes and supports PPP beacuse they hate Karachi walas. But when you compared PPP to PMLN military loves PMLN because of ethnicity. Examples of hate were the assassination of PPP 3 big leaders Bhutto, Benazir and Murtaza.
Secondly, only time Karachi had progressed was the time of Musharaf when whole Sindh was united.
So we need united sindh to fight for its rights and progress.
Murtaza Wahab is a good addition. People of Karachi should support him and reject PTI a puppet of establishment.

Please show me the progress of Interior Sindh where PPP has been ruling for decades unopposed? Its easy to blame all your incompetence on a 3rd party. Also if PPP was so interested in caring after its Urdu speaking people of Sindh then why not remove the quota system which PPP brought in and not the so called "Urdu speaker hating establishment".

He is not LOCAL. Brought from KPK. A Mehsud Chap, I think. Won't get Khi people/media's attention in my opinion.

PTI needs to introduce local faces.

Young Smart Local Urdu Chap. I am sure PTI can find many in Karachi. Karachi doesn't have shortage of educated and sincere people.

Or Introduce Mustafa Kamal - Karachi likes him a lot.

Oh so you only consider a local who has links to India? I bet you won't consider me a local because i am a yousafzai chap, even though i was born here and so were my parents and grand-parents.

BTW just for your knowledge Alamgir Khan is Karachi born and a member of the national assembly from Karachi and has done more for Karachi than you so called local

Interesting Comment. But people and time change.
Yet u continue with ur moronic reasoning. U would rather give a chance to somebody(some party) that has been given a chance so many times...and every single time they showed their true colors...
...rather than giving someone new a chance?
U r like one of those wives that get treated like trash, cheated on, and beaten...and yet keep going back to their abusive husband...holding out hope that "this time he has changed for good".

If Pakistanis are bound to live in corruption...and the system is so inept that the corrupt don't get punished...then at the very least the Pakistani voters can punish those corrupt a**holes by not electing them. Everytime someone has been tried once...and found to be corrupt...simply don't elect them back and bring in someone new. At least punish them by taking away their seat of power from which they commit these crimes.

Oh so you only consider a local who has links to India? I bet you won't consider me a local because i am a yousafzai chap, even though i was born here and so were my parents and grand-parents.

BTW just for your knowledge Alamgir Khan is Karachi born and a member of the national assembly from Karachi and has done more for Karachi than you so called local

I know he is good person - does social work here and there.

But that doesn't mean he can run for Mayorship....It's a different ball game

Don't want to hurt you or others over things like these but there is something you all need to understand.

Urdu guys won't trespass into other's territory and we would like others to respect ours as well

If others will run for here and then where will we run from/for? Peshawar?

Karachi is dear to us and we speak and breath for her. No other ethnicity can replace our love for Karachi.

This is our only home and others better respect it.

I was not referring to you or doubting your love for Karachi

But Urdu guys should be given priority when it comes to Karachi. It will show Karachiites how much PTI cares for us actually.

There is a reason why PPP has brought forward Murtaza Wahab as administrator.

Asalam Alikum,

Born and bred Karachiite here. A Local Urdu Chap from Karachi.

What was going in my head for days and days, I want to write here.

PPP was formed in November 30, 1967, She is the OLDEST political party of Pakistan.

Her Leader, Bhutto, at one point, was hanged. Since then, she has extensive experience in fighting establishment here and there.

It has her OWN pride and light. You can't deny that. Instead you can see it.

Yes, there are EXTREME Corruption, nepotism and nasty moves by her, much at cost of country and Karachi/Hyderabad.

But there can be some reasons behind it. For example:-

PPP can win over SIndh easily without getting votes from Karachi, right? So why they should work in Karachi? On top of that, you have MQM constantly taunting and shouting on Sindh Government - often giving ethnic color to situations. Don't you think they will lose their will if there is any, to work in Khi?

Now, Look at media coverage of PPP....Constant Negative Bombardment on them....well for right reasons often.

PPP observes that nothing this sort of hostility exists in Punjab nor Punjab government ever faces such hostile opposition/media? This make them angry and frustrated and in result, they take their anger out on Khi/Hyderabad.

What makes you think, considering above mentioned facts, that PPP - dominated by Feudal Lords, will ever work for Karachi/Hyderabad?

The funny thing is PML-N is literally same - just bit better in developing things here and there.

Have you ever wondered why there are so many Urdu Walas in PPP? Some prominent names are:-

Taj Haider,
Shehla Raza,
Murtaza Wahab
Sharmila Faruqi

These all above dudes come on TV and are face of PPP on media...Ever thought about this?

Now, there is a news by Samaa TV - That it is BILAWAL's wish to appoint Murtaza Wahab as administrator Karachi. It may not bring much change in Khi but it is definitely one heck of a move by PPP......Murtaza dude can talk really well on media and since he is Urdu Guy, PPP is hoping that Karachi media won't be as hostile to him as to other ethnicity or Sindhi.

Are you not noticing something? The Karachi media hostility has DRASTICALLY dropped towards PPP after confirmed news of Murtaza getting appointed as administrator. I noticed it again and again.

The BIG NAME Kamran Khan - who keeps a close eye on Karachi issues, was very cordial with Young Educated Murtaza Wahab.

Do you know what Nasir Hussain Shah - Sindhi minister of PPP said on Murtaza Wahab being appointed as administrator Karachi??

Karachi ka beta hai - Urdu Speaking hai.

He said this while giving interview to Aaj Tv - Don't have video of that but I listened/watched that news bulletin.

Here is another news: Karachi dude - Taha Saleem, Urdu chap has been made DC of Central Karachi - My hometown comes here. He is quite active on Twitter and my people are happy to see him over there. They can relate and feel ownership. He is already in touch with prominent Khi chaps.

There are Signs for PTI here when it comes to Karachi/Hyderabad. People of Khi may like Imran Khan and have voted for him but that doesn't mean people here will like other ethnicites dominating Karachi politically. Karachi has seen ethnic violence and still is a sensitive city.

PTI urgently needs Young Smart Urdu Dude to be her face in Karachi/Hyderabad to counter Murtaza Wahab....This is 2021 not 2018 where people will vote whoever PTI brings forward in name of Imran Khan.

PPP's these moves have confused PTI in Karachi. Murtaza Wahab gains more attention of media than Sher Zaman of PTI Karachi. This is bad for PTI

Karachi doesn't have nationalist groups but still we want to vouch for our guy to see if he can PERFORM.

If Young Bilawal wants to have a new start in Karachi then why cannot people of Karachi see him and judge him from new angle?

Hating and criticizing PPP all the time? What did we get out of this? Did establishment help? Did anyone help? Instead we and MQM were just being used against PPP to neutralize her.....That was our total worth for Pakistani state till now. State still deals with PPP and COAS is having telephone call with Bilawal...Woah!

We cannot fight PPP forever...We live in Sindh - cannot fight the party which has remained home party of Sindh for decades.

Too much hostility b/w two - The third guy takes advantage of it and robs both. Happens in Pakistan and world all the time.

I would like to fight for my rights but not at cost of my community is being used and fooled - I WILL HATE that.

Note: I am a two times voter of PTI - waiting for Imran Khan to come into Sindh. I Don't like Feudals and want IK to get complete control over SIndh province......Sindhis vote for PPP because they don't have alternative. Yeah, that's true.

PPP by and large - is a corrupt to core party but if they are giving respect to Karachiites - I say , we should take it....

Putting all eggs in one basket is never a GOOD idea. PPP is a political reality in Sindh and will remain so for foreseeable future. Side with PTI but don't go overboard against PPP.

We need to have a FRESH look at PPP and as far as PTI is concerned, she needs to introduce Urdu face here in Karachi if she wants Khi people/media attention. Introduce Mustafa Kamal - he may do magic for PTI as there is no one as competent as him when it comes to Karachi. He can do the work and also can talk on media well.

@Areesh @mikkix @Syed1. @pakpride00090 @baqai
Before u go vote for billo atleast fix ur facts. Ppp is not the oldest party of Pakistan. Its jamat e Islami and JUI.

Back
Top Bottom