What's new

Karachi: Zulfiqar Mirza's statement triggers another round of violence

What fear???? We all are ONE PAKISTANIS, Karachi is for every Pakistani except looters, waderas, feudals, gangsters etc. Demand for new provence does'nt mean we hate Pakistan but it means we want to save our part from thugs & feudals & develop & prosper it. New provence won't be closed for any one, nor any one will be thrown out from living there.

whats the purposed boundary of the province ?

Respecting each other is also part of 'democratic values'. Criticism is one thing, but calling names is different. There are many things which are being said against MQM and they accept and reply. But when you will call migrants 'bhookay nangay' and that they were allowed to live in Karachi, is that justified? So it was natural that people came out for protest. Why dont they respect mandate of MQM in Karachi. Why do they keep calling them 'Mohajirs' despite of the fact that they have given up 'mohajir ideology' long back. MQM is blamed for being a party based on ethnicity. Although it was in Past, but what is wrong if it was based on ethnicity? Why do people keep hating urdu speakers? I am unable to understand.

No matter which way it is viewed..all blame falls in the lap of MQM. From ethnically divisive policies to terrorism and ransom collection in Karachi. Lets have a take in this logically. There are many ethinic groups settled in Karachi. Among the majority are Punjabi, Pathans, Urdu Speakers, Uzbeks, Tajiks, Afghans, Turkmen, Baluch, Sindhi, Serayki Kashmiris & Persians. However most of the groups have history of clashing with MQM but not among themselves. There arent Punjabi "no-go" areas neither Punjabi Pathan violence. I dont see Pathans clashing with the Tajiks or Uzbeks or Kashmiris?? But a Baluch gets killed for being in MQM controlled area??? Something is not right here??

Regardless of slogans raised by MQM, it is a party of thugs dominated by one specific groups of criminals notorious world wide for their mafia and underworld rings. The political and social order of MQM and its role is Karachi is not different that that of their brethren in Mumbai today. Atlaf would do whatever he is doing today under whatever slogans may fit his needs regardless of demographic situation. Its only our misery that he happens to land in Pakistan.

One cannot trade in Karachi without feeding the MQM bhatta khors a mouthful. And since a reference is made to calling names, May i remind that the culture of "branding" other ethnic groups in Karachi and raising slogans for their ethnic cleansing was an MQM championship in the 90's. The conduct of Altaf is not different than Ratko Mladić and had he been in a European country, he would be standing in Hauge as war criminal. Being called "nange bhooke" is one thing, it is understood fact that ZM and SS are bigoted and nobody takes them seriously. In politics of Pakistan it is a norm of opposing leaders to call names against each other factions. But MQM is the sole reason why such discrimination has started to emerge against one specific community of people and is getting stronger day by day. Many people like Altaf and his followers are neither qualified intellectually, academically or socially by today's order but they have built well off lives through Karachi. ZM statement, though I do not agree with is a tribute towards Altaf Hussien and his likes. What went on after ZM bigoted statements was not a peaceful protest by concerned citizens but a few criminal elements seizing the opportunity to instill terror and broad day looting. The concerned citizens were staying indoors for fear of their lives and cursing MQM, ANP, ZM, SS, Zardari, etc etc.

Altaf Hussien served in the Baloch regiment during 1971 east-Pakistan war and picked up the bulk of his ideology by closely studying Mukti Bahni propaganda. He calculated that with ample propaganda, Indian covert support and a force of rouge armed men he could throne himself to be the king of most prestigious economic hub of Pakistan. Unfortunate for him, West Pakistan was much stronger than East and also he was discovered as a potential "mole" and hence refused permanent commission in the army. Due to this limited military interaction of Altaf, specifically in the Baloch regiment there exist a keen understanding on him and his ideologies among our family circle. My relative who served alongside Altaf is a person which MQM loves to hate and he has fled Pakistan since Mushraff gave freehand to MQM in Karachi in exchange of approval. I will not disclose his name here for obvious privacy reasons. Musharraf initially wanted to try MQM leadership for treason and treachery but later choose to shake hands with Altaf out of his own political ambitions.

Present cannot be understood without studying the past and those arguing that MQM has changed are simply being devils advocate.

Before the onslaught of MQM ethnic bigotry, we identified ourselves as "Sindhi" because we have extensive ties to Sindh and have been settled in Sindh around Sukker and Hydrabad long before the idea of Pakistan was born. But today we are forced to identify ourselves as "Mohajir" ?? Great credit to MQM for creating ethnic divides out of nothing.

Due to "deindustrialization" drive led by Bhutto post 1971, all factions of Pakistani society suffered. Migrants hardly make up 3-4% of Pakistani population yet they were intellectually concentrated therefore it is only logical that they faces the most loses however in a country of millions they were not alone. What Altaf did is picked up on the gullible youth to turn myth into following and carved agenda out of nothing. True leaders do not divide or incite civilians against each other. Once his propaganda failed and started following on deaf ears and dumped into garbage in 1992 military operations, his ideology came to symbolize destitute loser and he fell out of the scene. That is when he changed his part famous lines and now chants how he is against fedualism, waderas, jagerdari system, etc etc when MQM as established itself as the biggest jageerdar of Karachi today. Changing slogans and party lines does not change ground facts. MQM wants to enforce the belief that Karachi exists because of them where as reality is otherwise. Karachi was established 200 years before partition of India and it would continue to be a business and economic hub of Pakistani, albeit a much peaceful one even without MQM.

MQM is paranoid for influence, they consider themselves as the "jagerdar" of Karachi and hence no one else can be tolerated on their turf..Sorry, but this is making matters worst for an entire population. In other words, MQM does not have any interest in the people of well being of Karachi. It is only interested in the money minted by its mafia dons from Karachi. You will be surprised by the luxurious estates and wealth of MQM members in USA, Canada, Australia, Dubai, Hongkong, Singapore & India.

Altaf is not even a Pakistani citizen anymore. He proudly poses with his British passport. In reality, he is a proud symbol of English colonial slavery forced on people of Pakistan.

There is always light at the end of tunnel. The kind of mafia don like control "bhai" is exercising on his puppets by tele-conferencing means the party will splinter into factions upon issue of succession once "bhai" takes one-way flight to another world which doesn't look much far given the lack of exercise "bhai" is suffering due to living in toilet sized apartment in London.

There is a word of advice I would like to present. We should bury the past along with legacy of Bhutto "deindustrialization" and MQM propaganda of mohajir rights and look forward to work together a better future.
One week riots in Karachi has not caused any loss for Altaf or MQM but has made numerous ordinary citizens suffer the warth of economic woes. People like ZM, SS and Altaf thrive on keeping imaginary historical issues alive. They see a great threat in any sane headed opponents who could cut their revenue stream by calling people towards reconciliation. Economy goes hand in hand with politics always and one should always question the economic impact of political decisions.

MQM Rental Jalsa...hahahhahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
Why should there be a separate state?

As I see it, then every ethnic or cultural group will ask for their own too!

It will cause chaos.

You mean proposed?

Well i think Karachi, Hyderabad & Jamshoro.

can you show me on map ?

2.jpg

PPP leader killed in Karachi firing incident​

KARACHI: A Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) leader and his colleague were killed in a firing incident on Saturday in Karachi, DawnNews reported.

Aamir Shah and his friend Khalid Jakharani were on their way when their car was targeted by unknown gunmen in the area of Gulistan-e-Jauhar.

Shah was also a chairman of PIA’s People’s Unity.

PPP leader killed in Karachi firing incident | Metropolitan | DAWN.COM

No matter which way it is viewed..all blame falls in the lap of MQM. From ethnically divisive policies to terrorism and ransom collection in Karachi. Lets have a take in this logically. There are many ethinic groups settled in Karachi. Among the majority are Punjabi, Pathans, Urdu Speakers, Uzbeks, Tajiks, Afghans, Turkmen, Baluch, Sindhi, Serayki Kashmiris & Persians. However most of the groups have history of clashing with MQM but not among themselves. There arent Punjabi "no-go" areas neither Punjabi Pathan violence. I dont see Pathans clashing with the Tajiks or Uzbeks or Kashmiris?? But a Baluch gets killed for being in MQM controlled area??? Something is not right here??

Regardless of slogans raised by MQM, it is a party of thugs dominated by one specific groups of criminals notorious world wide for their mafia and underworld rings. The political and social order of MQM and its role is Karachi is not different that that of their brethren in Mumbai today. Atlaf would do whatever he is doing today under whatever slogans may fit his needs regardless of demographic situation. Its only our misery that he happens to land in Pakistan.

One cannot trade in Karachi without feeding the MQM bhatta khors a mouthful. And since a reference is made to calling names, May i remind that the culture of "branding" other ethnic groups in Karachi and raising slogans for their ethnic cleansing was an MQM championship in the 90's. The conduct of Altaf is not different than Ratko Mladić and had he been in a European country, he would be standing in Hauge as war criminal. Being called "nange bhooke" is one thing, it is understood fact that ZM and SS are bigoted and nobody takes them seriously. In politics of Pakistan it is a norm of opposing leaders to call names against each other factions. But MQM is the sole reason why such discrimination has started to emerge against one specific community of people and is getting stronger day by day. Many people like Altaf and his followers are neither qualified intellectually, academically or socially by today's order but they have built well off lives through Karachi. ZM statement, though I do not agree with is a tribute towards Altaf Hussien and his likes. What went on after ZM bigoted statements was not a peaceful protest by concerned citizens but a few criminal elements seizing the opportunity to instill terror and broad day looting. The concerned citizens were staying indoors for fear of their lives and cursing MQM, ANP, ZM, SS, Zardari, etc etc.

Altaf Hussien served in the Baloch regiment during 1971 east-Pakistan war and picked up the bulk of his ideology by closely studying Mukti Bahni propaganda. He calculated that with ample propaganda, Indian covert support and a force of rouge armed men he could throne himself to be the king of most prestigious economic hub of Pakistan. Unfortunate for him, West Pakistan was much stronger than East and also he was discovered as a potential "mole" and hence refused permanent commission in the army. Due to this limited military interaction of Altaf, specifically in the Baloch regiment there exist a keen understanding on him and his ideologies among our family circle. My relative who served alongside Altaf is a person which MQM loves to hate and he has fled Pakistan since Mushraff gave freehand to MQM in Karachi in exchange of approval. I will not disclose his name here for obvious privacy reasons. Musharraf initially wanted to try MQM leadership for treason and treachery but later choose to shake hands with Altaf out of his own political ambitions.

Present cannot be understood without studying the past and those arguing that MQM has changed are simply being devils advocate.

Before the onslaught of MQM ethnic bigotry, we identified ourselves as "Sindhi" because we have extensive ties to Sindh and have been settled in Sindh around Sukker and Hydrabad long before the idea of Pakistan was born. But today we are forced to identify ourselves as "Mohajir" ?? Great credit to MQM for creating ethnic divides out of nothing.

Due to "deindustrialization" drive led by Bhutto post 1971, all factions of Pakistani society suffered. Migrants hardly make up 3-4% of Pakistani population yet they were intellectually concentrated therefore it is only logical that they faces the most loses however in a country of millions they were not alone. What Altaf did is picked up on the gullible youth to turn myth into following and carved agenda out of nothing. True leaders do not divide or incite civilians against each other. Once his propaganda failed and started following on deaf ears and dumped into garbage in 1992 military operations, his ideology came to symbolize destitute loser and he fell out of the scene. That is when he changed his part famous lines and now chants how he is against fedualism, waderas, jagerdari system, etc etc when MQM as established itself as the biggest jageerdar of Karachi today. Changing slogans and party lines does not change ground facts. MQM wants to enforce the belief that Karachi exists because of them where as reality is otherwise. Karachi was established 200 years before partition of India and it would continue to be a business and economic hub of Pakistani, albeit a much peaceful one even without MQM.

MQM is paranoid for influence, they consider themselves as the "jagerdar" of Karachi and hence no one else can be tolerated on their turf..Sorry, but this is making matters worst for an entire population. In other words, MQM does not have any interest in the people of well being of Karachi. It is only interested in the money minted by its mafia dons from Karachi. You will be surprised by the luxurious estates and wealth of MQM members in USA, Canada, Australia, Dubai, Hongkong, Singapore & India.

Altaf is not even a Pakistani citizen anymore. He proudly poses with his British passport. In reality, he is a proud symbol of English colonial slavery forced on people of Pakistan.

There is always light at the end of tunnel. The kind of mafia don like control "bhai" is exercising on his puppets by tele-conferencing means the party will splinter into factions upon issue of succession once "bhai" takes one-way flight to another world which doesn't look much far given the lack of exercise "bhai" is suffering due to living in toilet sized apartment in London.

There is a word of advice I would like to present. We should bury the past along with legacy of Bhutto "deindustrialization" and MQM propaganda of mohajir rights and look forward to work together a better future.
One week riots in Karachi has not caused any loss for Altaf or MQM but has made numerous ordinary citizens suffer the warth of economic woes. People like ZM, SS and Altaf thrive on keeping imaginary historical issues alive. They see a great threat in any sane headed opponents who could cut their revenue stream by calling people towards reconciliation. Economy goes hand in hand with politics always and one should always question the economic impact of political decisions.

MQM Rental Jalsa...hahahhahaha

It is unfortunate that every event is blamed to MQM. I am not saying that they are not involved but not every time. Since MQM has made its reputation for violence and for only this reason every party's doing is associated with it. There aren't punjabi No Go areas but there are 'Elaqa Ghairs' of ANP. Urdu speakers comprise more than 50% of the population, Punjabi / pashtuns / memons etc. collection make figure of 25%, and rest of the ethic groups makes remaining 25%. You are grossly misguided that Balochs get killed entering into MQM areas. I think you are referring to the target killings in Karachi. That is basically resultant of gang war that is happening between MQM / PPP / ANP. The main cause which the intel agencies tell is the land grabbing, then making it offices / flag placeholders of the parties. Another factor is the drug mafia who after selling their products in areas do not give the due share to the 'thekaydaars' of those areas.

Well, as far as MQM being formed on ethnic grounds, I see no problem in it. There are lot of parties all over Pakistan who are ethnic based. (will discuss in detail if you want). Yes, we cannot ignore the past and cannot move forward. Now have a quick look at past. There were many migrants from India who came and settled all over Pakistan. They were accepted by in every area of Pakistan especially in Punjab. But in Sindh they were allowed to be settled, but with the thinking which just exposed by ZM in the recent statement. Actually that hatred exist in every wadera of Sindh, but there are very few, who expose that on media like did by ZM. Urdu speakers used to protest for not being allowed equal access to the government jobs, participation in universities and state owned school. They have been claiming for long that the national govt. ignores their needs and discriminate against in favor of indigenous ethnic groups. They starting building up the arsenal as they were planning to choose the violence as their last resort. They were getting the weapons from local weapon industry of Darra, of course with the help of help of afghan pashtun who started jumbling up in Karachi due to afghan war. The way they choose (violence), the slogan they introduced (of mohajir) was a blunder on their part. I am simply against that.

In early 90s they realized that the slogan of Mohajir will isolate them, so they came up with the muttahida ideology. In the meantime, the other ethnic group (now ANP) was getting strong day by day. We had PPP first, then MQM and now ANP to ruin the Karachi's peace. They are equally responsible for the present violence. Peace in Karachi can only be restored if all of these three parties stop giving shelters to those involved in land grabbing, extortion and target killing.

I am always of the opinion that free hand should be given to security forces, i mean shoot to kill orders if anyone is caught red handed holding weapons, burning public and / or private property, for which I am criticized at large, even by members of PDF. Yes, EVERYONE irrespective of their political affiliation.

So it would not be right to blame only MQM, everyone especially PPP is responsible for the unrest in Karachi. They let the more than 100 people die, and no orders to police / rangers to enter into Qasba? What the hell? Who are those people who gun fire from the hills of Qasba / Orangi? Are our security forces helpless that they cannot control the violence? why cant they? A massive operation is need of 'now' in every disturbed area, we need to cordon off all the areas by means of curfew or whatever, then cleansing operation with shoot at sight orders, will lead towards peace of Karachi.

P.s. I hate reading and writing long essays :P

It is unfortunate that every event is blamed to MQM. I am not saying that they are not involved but not every time. Since MQM has made its reputation for violence and for only this reason every party's doing is associated with it. There aren't punjabi No Go areas but there are 'Elaqa Ghairs' of ANP. Urdu speakers comprise more than 50% of the population, Punjabi / pashtuns / memons etc. collection make figure of 25%, and rest of the ethic groups makes remaining 25%. You are grossly misguided that Balochs get killed entering into MQM areas. I think you are referring to the target killings in Karachi. That is basically resultant of gang war that is happening between MQM / PPP / ANP. The main cause which the intel agencies tell is the land grabbing, then making it offices / flag placeholders of the parties. Another factor is the drug mafia who after selling their products in areas do not give the due share to the 'thekaydaars' of those areas.

Well, as far as MQM being formed on ethnic grounds, I see no problem in it. There are lot of parties all over Pakistan who are ethnic based. (will discuss in detail if you want). Yes, we cannot ignore the past and cannot move forward. Now have a quick look at past. There were many migrants from India who came and settled all over Pakistan. They were accepted by in every area of Pakistan especially in Punjab. But in Sindh they were allowed to be settled, but with the thinking which just exposed by ZM in the recent statement. Actually that hatred exist in every wadera of Sindh, but there are very few, who expose that on media like did by ZM. Urdu speakers used to protest for not being allowed equal access to the government jobs, participation in universities and state owned school. They have been claiming for long that the national govt. ignores their needs and discriminate against in favor of indigenous ethnic groups. They starting building up the arsenal as they were planning to choose the violence as their last resort. They were getting the weapons from local weapon industry of Darra, of course with the help of help of afghan pashtun who started jumbling up in Karachi due to afghan war. The way they choose (violence), the slogan they introduced (of mohajir) was a blunder on their part. I am simply against that.

In early 90s they realized that the slogan of Mohajir will isolate them, so they came up with the muttahida ideology. In the meantime, the other ethnic group (now ANP) was getting strong day by day. We had PPP first, then MQM and now ANP to ruin the Karachi's peace. They are equally responsible for the present violence. Peace in Karachi can only be restored if all of these three parties stop giving shelters to those involved in land grabbing, extortion and target killing.

I am always of the opinion that free hand should be given to security forces, i mean shoot to kill orders if anyone is caught red handed holding weapons, burning public and / or private property, for which I am criticized at large, even by members of PDF. Yes, EVERYONE irrespective of their political affiliation.

So it would not be right to blame only MQM, everyone especially PPP is responsible for the unrest in Karachi. They let the more than 100 people die, and no orders to police / rangers to enter into Qasba? What the hell? Who are those people who gun fire from the hills of Qasba / Orangi? Are our security forces helpless that they cannot control the violence? why cant they? A massive operation is need of 'now' in every disturbed area, we need to cordon off all the areas by means of curfew or whatever, then cleansing operation with shoot at sight orders, will lead towards peace of Karachi.

P.s. I hate reading and writing long essays :P

All of this is propoganda line of MQM. If Mohajirs were being discriminated or not allowed equal access, then they will not come to build their largest concentration in Karachi and be the largest workforce in Sindh government. Traditionally, in other country refugeed are always settled in far away camps or at under previllaged localities and new districts are raised exclusively for them. Now we can all understand the reason why. Look at the Palestinians in Jordan, they were not handed the nation trade capital on a silver platter. And when they rioted, King Hussien had no problem calling tanks against them. Things messed up after Butto and all people of Pakistan suffered out of that not just mohajirs alone. People of second generation which were born in Sindh did not consider themselves mohajirs, the false slogan was raised by MQM under false pretext which has resulted in isolation of millions..Sindhi waderas hating mohajirs, yes there might be few but they are not a majority. Atleast not one I have seen, they always say wadda sayee aap humara mehman ho. Waderas are mostly agricultural people, they might have come to hate them due to MQM extortion on their agricultural produce exports or may be Altaf anti-fedual slogans.

In Karachi nearly 80% of the workforce is see is Mohajir but altaf bogus propoganda claims that mohajirs get only 2% of the job. This is akin to nothing but facism and his wishes of minority ruling the majority. Why does he think that his lot is entitled to everything on a silver platter. Quota system is enforce for government employment in Pakistan. Governments all over the world enforces measures to secure public employment rights for indigenous people of the given areas. Otherwise riots will occur. Maintaining a fair representation of all ethnicities in public sector in important. After all, government does not prove 100% employment to all its citizen. There are business, private sector, self employes, etc etc. Therefore, MQM made up propaganda has no valid base.

Picking up weapons for job security is neither sane nor justifiable by any means. The government of Pakistan is still light handed on the issue otherwise it is for the world to see what happened to Palestinean "Mohajirs" in Jordan and Lebanon who wanted to take over on the basis of their "supposed" suffrage. Many of those were second generation who actually never saw the 1948 conflict expect reading about it in fairy tales. People when they cause nuisance are a disturbance to social order regardless of their qualification. And most of the MQM lot is garnered from the extreme poor and uneducated masses of society, these people in either case are not qualified for jobs anyway. In your own words, the means (violence) they chose and their slogan (mohajir) were a blunder on their part. This automatically sheds their myth of academic superiority. Such foolish behavior are not the traits of educated people. I cannot understand that people who are not even civilized enough to choose proper means for presenting their point of view should be complaining about not having adequate jobs in government sector? And after all why compete only for the government sector??? Isnt there is a fledgling private sector too in Pakistan, especially in the economic capital - Karachi? Most of the private enterprise in Karachi has been forced to flee toward Punjab or KP due to Altaf and his extortion gang and now they talk about unemployment, How self contradictory??

Ethinic groups of Pakistan said:
The population comprises several main ethnic groups (2009):[134]

1. Punjabis (44.15%) 78.7 million
  2. Pashtuns (15.42%) 27.2 million
  3. Sindhis (14.1%) 24.8 million
  4. Seraikis (10.53%) 14.8 million
  5. Muhajirs (7.57%) 13.3 million
  6. Balochs is (3.57%) 6.3 million
  7. Others (4.66%) 11.1 million

Ever wonder why public / government sector is so incompetent everywhere in the world? Because government hires based on lot of factors other than academic qualification. One of that factor is ethnicity and proportionate workforce representation. Everyheard of programs like Saudization, Emaratization, Anti-H1B coalition, American Jobs for Americans first?

As a business owner, one is entitled to hire whom I see fit as per my need.

UNHCR said:
"Mohajirs tend to be better educated so had a disproportionate 33 percent of top civil service jobs until quotas introduced in 1974 began pushing them out. By 1983 they were down to 20 percent". The spokesperson of the MQM, Altaf Hussain, alleges that Mohajirs only get two percent of the jobs. A spokesperson for the Embassy of Pakistan noted that there is a quota system in place in Sindh province, and that it is a rural-urban quota i.e., urban residents have a quota for access to university, the civil service, etc., and rural residents have a quota for access to education and employment as well. Currently, the IRBDC does not have written corroboration on the mechanics of the quota system in the Sindh.

http://www.unhcr.org/refworld/topic,463af2212,469f2eb02,3ae6ab4990,0.html

Punjabi, Pashtun, Memon don't identity themselves as mohajirs. Memons are those who are terribly sick of MQM. Sadar area of Karachi is full with slogans of MQM vs Memons. MQM has done nothing but extortion from Memon trading community so many have shifted their business to UAE, Sri Lanka and Bahrain. This is the mentality of MQM and its followers, they are self-appointed self-righteous leaders. Altaf likes to give an impression like he is the mafia don of Karachi and every household is personally ruled by him.

The situation of karachities is like that of a man being rap_d in prison from behind. He knows the aggressive and stronger will impose their will so if you cannot stop it, just enjoy it. He tries to minimize the damage by being complaint. That doesnt change the fact that he is still being rap_d and his dignity is still being splintered.

Ansar Burney crushes Zulfiqar Mirza

He should offer him mental treatment as well as alcoholic treatment. :D
Its been 63 years since partition..we need to bury the past along with the myth and false identity of called "mohajirs" created by MQM thugs. We all are Pakistanis and belong to the land where we are born. And dig adjacent graves for ZM, SS, Altaf and Zardari.

The main cause of bloodshed in Karachi has nothing to do with minority rights or anything. It all about shadow economy and nobody has their hands clean. Karachi is not improving until it is declared a politically neutral zone.

And a request for all those who want to debate, kindly present facts and figures instead of repeating blind party lines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its been 63 years since partition..we need to bury the past along with the myth and false identity of called "mohajirs" created by MQM thugs. We all are Pakistanis and belong to the land where we are born. And dig adjacent graves for ZM, SS and Zardari.

and Altaf, if he wants to be buried here in Pakistan.

All of this is propoganda line of MQM. If Mohajirs were being discriminated or not allowed equal access, then they will not come to build their largest concentration in Karachi and be the largest workforce in Sindh government. Traditionally, in other country refugeed are always settled in far away camps or at under previllaged localities and new districts are raised exclusively for them. Now we can all understand the reason why. Look at the Palestinians in Jordan, they were not handed the nation trade capital on a silver platter. And when they rioted, King Hussien had no problem calling tanks against them. Things messed up after Butto and all people of Pakistan suffered out of that not just mohajirs alone. People of second generation which were born in Sindh did not consider themselves mohajirs, the false slogan was raised by MQM under false pretext which has resulted in isolation of millions..Sindhi waderas hating mohajirs, yes there might be few but they are not a majority. Atleast not one I have seen, they always say wadda sayee aap humara mehman ho. Waderas are mostly agricultural people, they might have come to hate them due to MQM extortion on their agricultural produce exports or may be Altaf anti-fedual slogans.

In Karachi nearly 80% of the workforce is see is Mohajir but altaf bogus propoganda claims that mohajirs get only 2% of the job. This is akin to nothing but facism and his wishes of minority ruling the majority. Why does he think that his lot is entitled to everything on a silver platter. Quota system is enforce for government employment in Pakistan. Governments all over the world enforces measures to secure public employment rights for indigenous people of the given areas. Otherwise riots will occur. Maintaining a fair representation of all ethnicities in public sector in important. After all, government does not prove 100% employment to all its citizen. There are business, private sector, self employes, etc etc. Therefore, MQM made up propaganda has no valid base.

Picking up weapons for job security is neither sane nor justifiable by any means. The government of Pakistan is still light handed on the issue otherwise it is for the world to see what happened to Palestinean "Mohajirs" in Jordan and Lebanon who wanted to take over on the basis of their "supposed" suffrage. Many of those were second generation who actually never saw the 1948 conflict expect reading about it in fairy tales. People when they cause nuisance are a disturbance to social order regardless of their qualification. And most of the MQM lot is garnered from the extreme poor and uneducated masses of society, these people in either case are not qualified for jobs anyway. In your own words, the means (violence) they chose and their slogan (mohajir) were a blunder on their part. This automatically sheds their myth of academic superiority. Such foolish behavior are not the traits of educated people. I cannot understand that people who are not even civilized enough to choose proper means for presenting their point of view should be complaining about not having adequate jobs in government sector? And after all why compete only for the government sector??? Isnt there is a fledgling private sector too in Pakistan, especially in the economic capital - Karachi? Most of the private enterprise in Karachi has been forced to flee toward Punjab or KP due to Altaf and his extortion gang and now they talk about unemployment, How self contradictory??

Ever wonder why public / government sector is so incompetent everywhere in the world? Because government hires based on lot of factors other than academic qualification. One of that factor is ethnicity and proportionate workforce representation. Everyheard of programs like Saudization, Emaratization, Anti-H1B coalition, American Jobs for Americans first?

As a business owner, one is entitled to hire whom I see fit as per my need.

Punjabi, Pashtun, Memon don't identity themselves as mohajirs. Memons are those who are terribly sick of MQM. Sadar area of Karachi is full with slogans of MQM vs Memons. MQM has done nothing but extortion from Memon trading community so many have shifted their business to UAE, Sri Lanka and Bahrain. This is the mentality of MQM and its followers, they are self-appointed self-righteous leaders. Altaf likes to give an impression like he is the mafia don of Karachi and every household is personally ruled by him.

The situation of karachities is like that of a man being rap_d in prison from behind. He knows the aggressive and stronger will impose their will so if you cannot stop it, just enjoy it. He tries to minimize the damage by being complaint. That doesnt change the fact that he is still being rap_d and his dignity is still being splintered.

Its been 63 years since partition..we need to bury the past along with the myth and false identity of called "mohajirs" created by MQM thugs. We all are Pakistanis and belong to the land where we are born. And dig adjacent graves for ZM, SS, Altaf and Zardari.

The main cause of bloodshed in Karachi has nothing to do with minority rights or anything. It all about shadow economy and nobody has their hands clean. Karachi is not improving until it is declared a politically neutral zone.

And a request for all those who want to debate, kindly present facts and figures instead of repeating blind party lines.

Well if you consider this propaganda, nothing can convince you. When this type of mentality exists that they are refugees (not migrants) and they are to be kept miles away from the cities, what do they expect from the establishment wherein every ethnic group has a role but not the urdu speakers.

80% ??? are you sure, when we have quota system of 60% of rural and 40% urban (including Karachi, Hyderabad and Sukkur), can you justify your claim for 80% representation of Urdu speakers? Well, i think you are talking about the overall employment structure. The urdu speakers prevail in education so like you said it is the choice of employer to hire right person for the benefit of organization, they keep hiring the people irrespective of their belonging to the ethnic group. But, ever heard for job security? In punjab it is still considered as 'pride' for being a govt. employee, as he is considered to be the permanent job. Urdu speakers got the employments in private sector just bcaz the entrepreneurs deemed them fit for the job, and their contribution towards the economy is witness itself. My father was in Army and family is in Army, even we know lot people who are Urdu speakers, but still got the positions in Army. But their recruitment was during the golden days, they themselves are the witnesses for discrimination of rights urdu speakers. They are still called 'mohajirs' despite of the fact they are born in Pakistan. Why?

You call it propaganda, but the recent movement i.e. meeting of ZM with afaq, doest it ring the bell or not? why he is meeting to a person who was against the formation of 'Muttahida' and still consider all karachiites as 'mohajirs'? he is called the 'true leader' of mohajirs? This attempt of PPP especially in the present situation is unwarranted and uncalled for. Why do they want to keep alive the term 'mohajir' when the same was done away with by Urdu Speakers themselves.

Regarding ethnic groups of Pakistan, I dont know what do you want to prove by posting the overall population of Pakistan divided into ethic groups, whereas we are discussing here 'karachi'.

I would like to recommend you to the read the following, to get a historic background of Karachi problems:

ECCP

So, Zulfiqar Mirza's statements spark such an outcry and violence in Karachi?

Are people so senseless and stupid to resort to death and destruction just because someone says something?

Then the responsible culprits must be caught and hanged, including this Zulfiqar Mirza person.

Innocent people died in Karachi, because of his words alone.

For me, it's quite simple, hang this son of a b__ together with his followers who tend to resort to violence if they don't get their way.

Maybe i've put it really simple, but a clean swipe is needed in these circumstances.

Karachi is our financial hub, we can't afford these internal attacks and riots in our biggest city.

So, Zulfiqar Mirza's statements spark such an outcry and violence in Karachi?

Are people so senseless and stupid to resort to death and destruction just because someone says something?

Then the responsible culprits must be caught and hanged, including this Zulfiqar Mirza person.

Innocent people died in Karachi, because of his words alone.

For me, it's quite simple, hang this son of a b__ together with his followers who tend to resort to violence if they don't get their way.

Maybe i've put it really simple, but a clean swipe is needed in these circumstances.

Karachi is our financial hub, we can't afford these internal attacks and riots in our biggest city.

Totally agreed. We when call someone terrorist / responsible for karachi riots. Why dont we take any action? why just political mileage statements?

I am of strong opinion, deploy ARMY / RANGERs with full powers, shoot at sight orders. Some innocents might get killed due to that, but that would not be a loss deal, as we are already losing many people on account of target killings.

Back
Top Bottom