What's new

Karachi: Zulfiqar Mirza's statement triggers another round of violence

Is it though?

Most polls/analysts suggest that the party is losing support even in interior Sindh -nationwide the party is polling pretty low.

The only way the PPP will retain power is through exploiting the parliamentary/feudal/biradri system and vote politics.

Once can only hope that the military can ensure a free and fair election, and that Pakistanis come out in droves to vote out this monstrosity called the PPP - for that matter, vote out the PML-N as well, they have nothing much to boast about in governing Punjab either.

I guess what I meant was: why was PPP so popular back in 2008 that they won the election so overwhelmingly even though they are pretty much a failure party and have accomplished nothing ever-even during ZAB era. Are people in Pakistan so blinded by ethnic and feudal loyalty?

But you're right they are really unpopular and I hope with all my heart that this party (PML-N and JUI) never come into power again.

""KARACHI: Sindh Senior minister Dr. Zulfiqar Mirza has said that Afaq Ahmed is the real leader of the Urdu speaking people and he is the second biggest political prisoner after Asif Ali Zardari.

He was addressing the media at a dinner arranged by Awami National Party’s Sindh chief Shahi Syed’s residence, Mardan house here on Wednesday.

Mirza said that “if someone says that Afaq Ahmed is a criminal and a murderer, then I will say Altaf Hussain is a 100-times bigger criminal than Afaq.”

He said that he had met with Mohajir Qaumi Movement-Haqeeqi Chief Afaq Ahmed twice and that Ahmed was the real leader of the Urdu-speaking community. “The first time I met with Ahmed was when Dr Ishratul Ibad was still the governor and he pressured me not to reveal my meeting with Ahmed. I told Dr Ibad that I had to meet Ahmed since I am their minister”.

Mirza said that Ahmed was facing jail time without being convicted of a crime.

He said that he will continue his fight against criminals, murderers, and extortionist as long as he was alive.

Talking about calls for the division of Sindh, Mirza said that no one had the courage to divide Sindh. He said “I appeal to the people of Karachi and Hyderabad to get rid of these people (who are asking for Karachi to be made a separate province)”.

The former Home Minister of Sindh said that many statements using his name were circulating in the press and today he would clarify truth from fiction.

Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah and the acting Governor of the province, Nisar Koro also spoke at the occasion. Both of them congratulated the people of Sindh and members of the provincial assembly for passing a bill to bring back the commissionarete system in the province.

Qaim ali Shah said that the bill had been passed following proper democratic procedure in the assembly and reflected the wishes of the people of Sindh.

He said “the commissionerate system had been implemented in all the provinces of the country however, the people of Sindh had been waiting for the system to be implemented in Sindh for the past two years. We were not bringing the system as our partners had been objecting to it hence the delay.”

Talking about the local bodies election Shah said that local bodies election are a democratic process and the PPP believed in it, however they will be held in accordance with situation in the province.

Shah also said that local bodies elections will no longer be conducted according the 2001 local government ordinance because there were coalition partners who did not like the local bodies to be held under that law. “We have revived the 1979 system as new law for the local bodies election and this new law could also be amended,” Shah added."

I don't know what the fuss is all about?. MQM is typically acting like MQM from the 80s. Let's analyze Zulfiqar Mirza's statements.

Afaq Ahmed is the real leader of the Urdu speaking people and he is the second biggest political prisoner after Asif Ali Zardari.
This is his own opinion. There is nothing wrong with it.

If someone says that Afaq Ahmed is a criminal and a murderer, then I will say Altaf Hussain is a 100-times bigger criminal than Afaq.
I agree with this. This again can be anyone's personal opinion and there is nothing wrong with it.

The first time I met with Ahmed was when Dr Ishratul Ibad was still the governor and he pressured me not to reveal my meeting with Ahmed. I told Dr Ibad that I had to meet Ahmed since I am their minister.
Nothing wrong with it.

Mirza said that Ahmed was facing jail time without being convicted of a crime.
Again nothing wrong with it.

He said that he will continue his fight against criminals, murderers, and extortionist as long as he was alive.
Nothing wrong with it.

I appeal to the people of Karachi and Hyderabad to get rid of these people (who are asking for Karachi to be made a separate province)
In this statement he also used the word "kambakht" which is below the belt. One should not use such words. This word deserves condemnation and Zulfiqa Mirza should apologize.

Now I ask if these statements by Mirza justifies all the killings that are taking place? I mean is Altaf Hussain is such a big and pious religious figure that it is blasphemy to talk against him and it warrants killing of innocent people and burning of vehicles?

MQM Deputy Convener Dr. Farooq Sattar while addressing a press conference after simultaneous meetings MQM’s Coordination Committee London and Karachi.

“MQM strongly opposes and rejects the revival of Commissionerate System in Sindh and it will go to courts and people to raise its voice against the dictatorial step,” he said, adding the government’s decision will also be challenged and opposed in the National and provincial assemblies.

He termed the restoration of Commissionerate System by the government as a conspiracy to deprive the people of their basic rights and aimed only at strengthening the existing feudal system across the country.

He went on to say that the CS system negatives the very norms and spirit of democracy.

Comparing the CS system with the local government set up, Dr. Farooq Sattar said the LG system ensured transfer of power to the grass roots level and offered a best way to resolve people’s issues by public representatives with direct access to citizens.

Democracies all over the world have been making a successful use local government system.

He said the Commissionerate System was first enforced in British colonial era and only protected the interests of two percent elites. Now this system is non-existent even in Britain, he added.

Anees Qaimkhani says MQM would challenge the government’s decision in all the courts and strongly oppose it in National and provincial assemblies

“It is an attempt to break Pakistan and to divide Sindh and Karachi, it is a conspiracy against Sindi and Urdu speaking communities,” he maintained.

MQM to challenge commissionerate system at every level

HERE WE GO!!! no MORE MUTHAIDA we are back to the "muhajir card" from MQM just wait & see ANP will follow soon on its muhajir drama!
Altaf Hussain is even more brutal than Chengaiz Khan he has not only killed thousands of other karachites but he has even killed many of his own party members what do accept else from this brutal man

these politicians are all in the same boat - they dont care about the common man one iota - they move about the city with 5 squad cars in-front and 5 on their six - its the poor people who are being killed. i mean did anyone hear the 'statement' of the interior minister!!!

Thanks to "Dr" zulfiqar mirza, violence has started in Karachi again

i think he was 'drunk' - i'm not defending any of these hooligans

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to "Dr" zulfiqar mirza, violence has started in Karachi again

Every single word he said is correct apart that "bhooka nanga" thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Karachi is fine with the MQM leadership, Karachi thrived under Musharraf-MQM alliance. This Mirza-this-and-that is nothing more than a political game by the PPP to control Karachi, and decrease the MQM votes. The inclusion of ANP into the drama is the same thing.

MQM is too much into Karachi, and when in power (elected by the people) it runs the city fine. Yes, Altaf Hussain is an asshole, but he can take care of Karachi like no other. Trying to divide up Karachi or isolate MQM will cause nothing but violence and difficulties for the people of Karachi. Let no government (PPP) interfere in Karachi matters to gain votes. It is nothing but a cheap political game in my humble opinion.

Breaking News:

Shahi Sayed and Zulfiqar Mirza leave the Karachi within 48 hours. (Courtesy: Metro One).

These retards come and give inflammatory statements while drunk.

ONE QUESTION:

last night 12 people died who killed them and why??? please don't tell me it wasn't MQM!!!! because clearly only mqm was annoyed at the remarks of zulfi

Altaf Husain's gunda gang should be punished for demolishing the peace of state
Problems should be solve by peacefully through talk and not by violence
This party is destroying our youth
My father saw vry young boys with gun(may be 17 or 18)today

Stupid Mirza has given one more chance to the ethno-fascists to spread fasaad in Karachi.

Back
Top Bottom