What's new

Karachi Violence Thread

news-01.gif

news-12.gif

PTI, JI poll offices attacked
jamaat-i-islaami-office-in-nazimabad-burnt-down-670-x-350-online.jpg

KARACHI: With the election campaign by political parties yet to gain momentum amid fears, an election camp and an office of two parties were set on fire on Saturday further adversely affecting the electioneering pace and raising security concerns among contesting candidates, officials and party sources said.

In the early hours of the day, an election camp of the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) in Sector 11-E near UP Mor was ransacked before being set on fire.

“The suspects ran away after executing the job,” said a police officer. “Area people and party workers said the miscreants also fired shots into the air though we did not find any sign. More police force has been deployed in the affected part of the area.”

As the police expressed ignorance about the people and their motive for the arson attack, the PTI leaders said undemocratic forces wanted to keep their party from election campaigning mainly in Karachi.

“We know very well and have the capacity to respond to such cowardly acts,” said Jamal Siddiq, the PTI media coordinator. “But we believe in democratic norms which demand policy of co-existence.

The camp set on fire was actually a part of PTI Tabdeeli ******* Camp (camp of volunteers for change) and a large number of Karachi youngsters are turning up at these camps to contribute for the change approaching.”

In every Karachi town, he said, the PTI had set up at least two such camps where it had registered hundreds of youngsters for “being a part of change”. He ruled out any review in the strategy after the arson attack.

“Our morale is high and we are determined to continue our peaceful struggle, which has received enormous response from Karachiites. We are not removing any camp in any part of the city,” said Mr Siddiqi.

While the police were yet to register an FIR of the attack, the ‘miscreants’ struck again and this time a Jamaat-i-Islami (JI) election camp in Nazimabad was the target.

“Early in the morning the JI election office in Nazimabad No 2 was attacked when no one was there,” said SSP central Amir Farooqi. “The miscreants ransacked the office and also tried to set it on fire.

The camp office was set up temporarily in a shop that was once used as a barber’s shop. The police are busy assessing loss before registering the case,” the SSP said.

In a statement, the JI condemned the incident and said the caretaker administration seemed powerless to maintain law and order in the city. The situation had raised doubts over peace on polling day, the party said, seeking immediate arrest of the ‘miscreants’.

“The attack on the JI election office for PS-104 exposes the seriousness and capability of our security administration,” said the party statement.

It added that JI workers were calm despite a serious threat to their lives considering past experience of electioneering in Karachi but they enjoyed every right to protest and expose the biasness of the caretaker set-up.

With fears looming over the city amid threats of banned outfits to attack parties contesting polls, back-to-back attacks on election offices of the political parties apparently on political grounds emerged as another challenge for the law-enforcement agencies before the May 11 elections.

The killing of Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) candidate for the Sindh Assembly in Hyderabad and Pakistan People’s Party’s (PPP) covering candidate in Karachi’s Orangi Town earlier this month coupled with an attack on a school owned by an Awami National Party leader in Baldia Town that claimed his life reflect the level of threat that was already there before fresh incidents of arson attacks.

“Security is definitely an issue,” said SSP Farooqi.

“We have asked the parties to at least inform the area police before setting up an election office or camp. We can only manage security when we are aware of such spots. In case of JI office we were not taken in the loop neither the party leaders informed the area police about any office in that locality.”

http://dawn.com/2013/04/21/pti-ji-poll-offices-attacked/

Rangers arrest 13 suspects

Rangers arrested 13 suspects, including an alleged target killer, and found weapons on them in two separate operations on Saturday.

Twelve suspects were rounded up in a targeted raid in Iqbal Baloch Colony, Orangi Town. Different weapons were also seized from them. The suspects were taken to the investigation unit for interrogation

In another targeted operation, Rangers arrested a suspect in Nazimabad No 2 after a brief encounter. A pistol was also seized from him. The man was said to be wanted by the Karachi police in target killing cases.

Rangers arrest 13 suspects - thenews.com.pk

Political activist among six gunned down

Unremitting violence across the city claimed the lives of six more people, including an activist of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement, said the police on Saturday.

MQM activist killed

Twenty four-year-old Muhammad Umair alias Navra was near Abal Chowk, Kharadar, when two motorcyclists opened fire on him.

Station House Officer Kenson Dean said Umair was a resident of Kharadar and an activist of the MQM.

He was taken to the Civil Hospital Karachi, where he succumbed to his injuries. He had suffered two bullets to the upper torso. The culprits had used 30-bore pistols in the attack.

Following the attack, tension prevailed in the locality, and MQM leaders and workers staged a demonstration at the hospital.

‘Gangster’ shot dead

A clash between two gangs broke out in Machhar Colony. Abdul Rehman was shot and injured by 32-year-old Muhammad Arqaan’s gang.

Later, Arqaan and his gang were near Jaffer Chowk, Docks, when their rival group opened fire on them, injuring Arqaan.

SHO Asif Ali Jakhrani said Arqaan was a resident of the same locality and was involved in the Lyari gang war.

He was taken to the CHK, where he was pronounced dead upon arrival. He had suffered multiple bullets to the upper torso.

Arqaan was wanted by the police for a number of heinous crimes, including the murder of police constable Muslim of the Docks police station, who was killed a few months back in the same locality. He was also wanted for extortion and kidnappings for ransom.

Rickshaw driver killed

Thirty-five-year-old Hassan Abrar left the house in the wee hours. He was near Banaras Bridge, Peerabad, when he was attacked.

Sub-Divisional Police Officer Zahid Siddiqui said Abrar was a resident of Orangi Town’s Sector 12L and a rickshaw driver.

His body was shifted to the Abbasi Shaheed Hospital. He had suffered two bullets to the upper torso. The culprits had used 30-bore pistols in the attack.

‘Killer’ gunned down

Two motorcyclists opened fire on Farman, 27, in Zia Colony, Mominabad. His body was shifted to the ASH. He had suffered two bullets to the upper torso.

SHO Aurangzeb Khattak said Farman was wanted by the police in a number of robbery cases. He was also declared an absconder in a murder case, added Khattak. Shot dead in Korangi

An unidentified man was gunned down in Korangi 2½, Sector 48F, Zaman Town. His body was shifted to the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre. He had suffered a bullet to the head.

SHO Ghulam Ahmed Sheikh said a pistol was also found near the body. He suspected unidentified culprits had opened fire on the victim, killing him on the spot.

Body found in Garden

A man’s bullet-riddled body was found on the main 1D Road in the Garden area. His body was shifted to the CHK.

SHO Saleem Naz said the victim was probably kidnapped, tortured and then shot dead. He said a message was aired on police control.

However, the body remained unidentified until the filing of this report.

Political activist among six gunned down - thenews.com.pk

Strange reporters of The News could not find news about attack on offices of two parties in Karachi

Its a dam civil war, while politicians & naive judiciary is bzy in working against patriots?

http://ummatpublication.com/2013/04/12/images/news-05.gif[/IMG]

See why Ummat mention Quomiyat of victims ... This thing spreads hatred among communities ...............

oh so your choice is lets arm everyone so that anyone can kill anyone? i say disarm ALL PEOPLE and fight the extremists off!

if you givwe a gun in every man's hand you will make pakistan into SOMALIA! everyone will do as they wish! like example is "NAA MALOOM AFRAAD FIRING" in karachi that kill random people!

just a curious question does MQM buy weapons from "PATHANS" or make it themselves?

because if MQM buys it from pathans and then shoots pathans that is a pretty cool thing lol! use their weapons on them!

i don't understand the MQM and its hate politics towards punjabis,pathans,balochis(liyari) and sindhis! is there anyone that MQM likes?????

Infact arm dealers doesn't belong to any community ... And who told you that MQM uses arm onto Pathans ... You are badly victimized of propaganda ..

Infact arm dealers doesn't belong to any community ... And who told you that MQM uses arm onto Pathans ... You are badly victimized of propaganda ..

so MQM has no weapons and are totally disarmed?? :omghaha: then who has weapons in karachi?? ONLY ANP? and where was ANP in 90s? and why was there terror in 90s??

See why Ummat mention Quomiyat of victims ... This thing spreads hatred among communities ...............

it spreads hate? well a man in UK is doing it since 80s!!! first he said sindhis are land grabbing then he said punjab is stopping our water and now he says Pathans are all terrorists and taliban! the name of the man is ALTAF HUSSAIN!

I don't know why are you so allergic of Quomiyat, its for recognition only and important for analysis. rest all of us are Pakistani and no one is better than other. The heading says Dehshat Gardon Ki firing say Halak, you can see those terrorists don't spare any of the communities and dead are from all communities. There is a need to recognize that a terrorist has no other identity but a terrorist, rest everyone has so that they can be identified amongst each other. I have pasted almost same news from three different papers and you can see different perspectives to present same news with all their cautions and biases but unfortunately those are hard facts.
I understand few of my friends are not comfortable with Ummat but I try to find same news in other papers and paste those as well to have different perspectives.

so MQM has no weapons and are totally disarmed?? :omghaha: then who has weapons in karachi?? ONLY ANP? and where was ANP in 90s? and why was there terror in 90s??

it spreads hate? well a man in UK is doing it since 80s!!! first he said sindhis are land grabbing then he said punjab is stopping our water and now he says Pathans are all terrorists and taliban! the name of the man is ALTAF HUSSAIN!

I never said that MQM is weapon less party … Infact all parties including PMLN & PTI have arms ..
You yourself are burning in the fire of bias … That’s why you are just talking about discrimination & hatred … Dear why don’t you leave it on people … Whom they like to elect ..

I don't know why are you so allergic of Quomiyat, its for recognition only and important for analysis. rest all of us are Pakistani and no one is better than other. The heading says Dehshat Gardon Ki firing say Halak, you can see those terrorists don't spare any of the communities and dead are from all communities. There is a need to recognize that a terrorist has no other identity but a terrorist, rest everyone has so that they can be identified amongst each other. I have pasted almost same news from three different papers and you can see different perspectives to present same news with all their cautions and biases but unfortunately those are hard facts.
I understand few of my friends are not comfortable with Ummat but I try to find same news in other papers and paste those as well to have different perspectives.

My brother … I am just allergic Ummat newspaper because this paper spreads hatred among Pakistanis … It just JI influenced newspaper … None of paper publish news like this … That victim belongs this community or this community ..

I never said that MQM is weapon less party … Infact all parties including PMLN & PTI have arms ..
You yourself are burning in the fire of bias … That’s why you are just talking about discrimination & hatred … Dear why don’t you leave it on people … Whom they like to elect ..

PML N has weapons but do you see target killings done by them in lahore like MQM does in karachi???

secondly as for letting people choose their leaders. well MQM should let people of sohrab goth elect ANP and liyari people elect PPP why does MQM complain about these areas? let the people of these areas elect their leaders. MQM till today is an ethnic party and not a national party.

PML N has weapons but do you see target killings done by them in lahore like MQM does in karachi???

secondly as for letting people choose their leaders. well MQM should let people of sohrab goth elect ANP and liyari people elect PPP why does MQM complain about these areas? let the people of these areas elect their leaders. MQM till today is an ethnic party and not a national party.

Not proved anything yet :what:

My brother … I am just allergic Ummat newspaper because this paper spreads hatred among Pakistanis … It just JI influenced newspaper … None of paper publish news like this … That victim belongs this community or this community ..

I second what all you say about bias of news paper. I am sure we all living in Karachi know inclination of this newspaper, simple rule whatever it writes about MQM I keep a big factor of bias. Everyone here is educated and understand things and if someone doesn't then he must throw his degrees and certificates in dustbin. Lets us recognize our problem and that we all are responsible for this mess and we all have to take this city out of it while remaining above of our political inclinations. What all is published goes to history on papers and on web as well so just by not looking it will not hide its existence then why not to put it in comparison with other publishers so that people decide according to their prudence.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom