What's new

Karachi: A volatile mix

You guys don't have any paramilitary forces to assist the local police during times of trouble?

We have FC Frontier Constabulary, Frontier Force a paramilitary forces but since FC is stretched so much to Punjab and even FATA hence Sindh Rangers are only specified for Karachi

You guys don't have any paramilitary forces to assist the local police during times of trouble?

here this might help

Tasks

* Pakistan National Guard: The National Guard comprises the Mujahid Force, the Janbaz Force and locally recruited militia and are charged with air defense. Also included are the National Cadet Corps and the Women's Guard.

* Pakistan Rangers: The Rangers are headquartered in Lahore, Punjab and in Karachi, Sindh. This force has a border security role on the international borders of Punjab and Sindh and perform internal security duties as an extension of the Army. This force is organised on a provincial level but are subordinate to the Ministry of the Interior and are commanded by seconded army generals.
o Mehran Force: The Mehran Force, based in the Sindh province, performing the same function as the Punjab-based Rangers became the Pakistan Rangers (Sindh) in 1995[3]. A force of 25,000 men is divided into "wings" of approximately 800 men each.

* Frontier Corps: The Frontier Corps, based in Peshawar, North West Frontier Province and Quetta, Balochistan is responsible for protecting the western border regions. The force is responsible to both the Ministry of States and Frontier Regions and to Army Headquarters. The Force comprises fourteen units based in the North-West Frontier and thirteen units based in Balochistan. Some of the local units have a long history such as the Chitral Scouts, the Khyber Rifles, Swat Levies, the Kurram Militia, the Tochi Scouts, the South Waziristan Scouts, the Zhob Militia, and the Gilgit Scouts. These histories date back to Colonial times and many of the regiments have distinguished combat records, e.g. the Khyber Rifles. These regiments can be "regularized" i.e attached to regular Army as necessary. Khyber Rifles was in fact regularized during the 1965 war and fought with distinction in Kashmir.

* Maritime Security Agency: The 2,500-strong Maritime Security Agency, headquartered in Karachi, is a coast guard and is responsible for patrolling Pakistan's territorial waters. The MSA is equipped with a former Pakistan Navy destroyer, two coastal patrol craft and four oceanic patrol craft.

The 2 major reasons why I dislike MQM is:

1. Its very formation was based on the rights of only Mohajirs. I dislike any political party based on an ethnic group. The same reason why I dislike ANP. These political groups dont reprent Pakistanis, they represent only their ethnic groups.

2. MQM's leader is a traitor and anti-pakistan:

YouTube - Partition of India a Blunder - Altaf Hussain

The only solution for a peaceful Karachi is if both MQM and ANP were banned.

:woot: :woot: :woot:

What a video!!! :undecided:

The 2 major reasons why I dislike MQM is:

1. Its very formation was based on the rights of only Mohajirs. I dislike any political party based on an ethnic group. The same reason why I dislike ANP. These political groups dont reprent Pakistanis, they represent only their ethnic groups.

2. MQM's leader is a traitor and anti-pakistan:

YouTube - Partition of India a Blunder - Altaf Hussain

The only solution for a peaceful Karachi is if both MQM and ANP were banned.

YouTube - What Actually Altaf Hussain said in India Full Story

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

:angel: 80 % of Karachiites are under Guns of 20% MQM people

:lol::lol:

Get ur self checked by some doctor.

MQM has members of all ethnicities. Just recently a pashtun member of MQM called out on ANP to stop these killings and stop accusing MQM of being a ethnic based party while ANP only has pashtuns in their party. If ANP pack up and go back to Kabul and Peshawar than there would be peace in Karachi. Shahi Syed said that he will turn Karachi into Kabul soon and we are seeing that happening. He also supports Taliban and Land Grabbing.

This racist bastard accuses MQM of being racist but look what this hypocrite is doing right now?
YouTube - ANP racist Shahi syed's double standards

Hmmmm, interesting. Watched all the videos, and I personally believe there is no racial angle to killing.
It has more to do with Power and Money. It has now gone into a viscous circle of killing, which will not stop any time soon.
The Govt can't or will not do anything as its their own men.
I some how pity Altaf Saab, how he has been forced to live in exile.

Well Karachi ho ya Kabul mujhe to dono pasand hai.
Karachi ka halwa aur Kabul ke badaam.

Off topic, can some one pls tell me if the world famous rubbery type Karachi ka Halwa was really invented in Karachi??/ Thanks

Then please kick Dawood Ibrahim, the most wanted terrorist by India out.

About Altaf, GOP can approach the Brits. I am sure with proper evidence he should be arrested.:cheers:

and where did dawood and india came into this??? all your posts have been very annoying to the pakistani members here, hope like your govt you indian people learn not to go deep in poking nose in other's matters.. and remain respectable

and where did dawood and india came into this??? all your posts have been very annoying to the pakistani members here, hope like your govt you indian people learn not to go deep in poking nose in other's matters.. and remain respectable

Read Post number 7 by IceMan-

Quote"and just like dawood ibrahim Altaf BHAI does everything on a phone! "

I have no intention to annoy anyone, its just that I like making things lighter at times.
So just chill..

Karachi is a lovely and vibrant city, It gives immense pain to see people in trouble and getting killed by assassins on daily basis.The girl and women crying photo on Dawn and Nation made me feel sad. I will Pray let sanity prevails and all the parties be it ANP,MQM or PPP will chalk out a strategy to make Karachi Safe place for all people living in city.

Be it Ranchi (India) or Karachi(Pakistan), We all are humans and human suffering should not be bound in nations.
Writing more may seem interfering in your internal matter so stopping.
But everything above with good intention ,no india pak stuff in mind.

I have two brothers living Karachi and my wife is a Karachiite. Also having worked and lived in Karcahi for ten years between 1967 and 1976, I have a soft spot for Karachi. There are only two cities in Pakistan (Lahore & Karachi) that I could possibly live if I ever decided to go back to Pakistan. I visit that city about twice a year albeit for short durations and I dread lest some harm comes to the people I love. I have already lost a friend, Shaukat Mirza, MD of PSO killed by a Lashkar Jhangvi bigot just because he was a Shia. This also explains why I am dead against all the Taliban and Salafin lovers.

IMO there are four players involved in this bloodbath.

Binori Town Madrassah is one of the birth places of Taliban where many Taliban leaders were educated. It is a breeding ground for religious terrorists/takfiris who attack Shias (Reza Haider of MQM), bomb the Shrines (Abdullah Ghazi) and attack Sunni Tehreek (Braelvis). Shia Sepahe Mohammedia in response carries on tit for tat attacks on Deobandi scholars and teachers of Binori Town madrassah. Result is a never ending cycle of sectarian violence.

MQM & ANP are the two main rivals for Karachi street and political power. There is little doubt that ANP; despite being a secular party in KP; in Karachi hides, provide succor to the drug mafia, terrorists & suicide bombers of Pushtoon and Afghan origin; utilizing these elements for target killing of MQM activists. DNA tests have revealed that nearly all the suicide bombers were Pashtoons from Waziristan. It is also a fact that a very large number of Pashtoons in places such as Suhrab Goth are Mahsoods; therefore it is logical to assume that their sympathies lie with Baitulah Mahsood's terrorist organization.

Probably largest number of Karachi Dadas (Thugs) and killers belong to MQM fold and MQM has been responsible for killing many opponents. PPP-BB government in the 90’s tried to divide MQM into Haqiqi and Haqprast factions which result two years of blood bath in Karachi. PPP is in power again and it stands to reason that thru their home minister Zulfiqar Mirza, PPP is exploiting MQM/ANP rivalry. Karachi was a stronghold of PPP until the bigot Zia created MQM to neutralize PPP support. PPP wants to regain their lost ground. Thus PPP are letting Karachi bled white without a single perpetrator apprehended so far.

In short all the three political parties as well as religious forces are equally responsible for this inhuman suffering of the Karachiites. But in Pakistan politics, who cares what happens to Pakistan and Pakistanis?

When Karachi was controlled by MQM city government, MQM had all the power and there was relative calm in the city. Now that PPP decidd to appoint Administrators inside of elected Nazims, the new rulers don’t give a fig for the Karachi or Karachiites; they just serve their masters which happen to be PPP in Sindh.

IMO one of the main reason of continuing blood bath is the incompetence of the Administrators. This is also true that many Punjabis and non Pashtoons settled in Karachi for a long time have become MQM supporters.

Back
Top Bottom