What's new

Kabul seeks 2 more years for Afghan refugees in Pakistan

Kabul has requested Islamabad to allow nearly 1.5 million registered Afghan refugees to stay on in Pakistan for another two years, officials said on Saturday as a meeting of the representatives of both governments and the UN refugee agency concluded in the Afghan capital.
Listen guys, I know you are frustrated, but I have met many good Afghans in Pakistan, so cursing at them is completely out of line. Not "all" of them are thankless and anti-Pakistan.
If at the government level they remain enemies of Pakistan they cannot ask us of this.

At the people level they should apply as any other asylum seekers, if they are escaping some sort of danger in Afghanistan, not just coming to Pak in search for work.

I see no reason for not letting them stay for 2 years more on humanitarian ground.It would be better for us not to stoop to their level.
They have been anti Pakistan since the day one yet we let them stay here for 36 years,2 more years doesn't make any difference.

Problem is that they have been asking for 2,3, 4 year extensions for the last 27 years. This latest request means that the Afghan government have no real intention of ever taking back their own people. All it really means is that the Afghan refugees have at most 2 years to leave their refugee camps in Peshawar and make their way to "inner Pakistan" and stay there permanently. Reality is that the majority of these refugees will probably never leave. I have meet Afghans who swear, curse, bad mouth and insult Pakistan but in the next sentence say that they would rather die than ever leave Pakistan and that Pakistan is their country. They do this all with a straight face. Serious. No joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Afghanistan is more peaceful than it has ever been. Time for refugees to go back to their beloved homeland.

Seeing the Afghan-Indian love affair, I feel it is right to assume India will grant these lovely people asylum in their wonderful country.

Afghanistan is more peaceful than it has ever been. Time for refugees to go back to their beloved homeland.

Seeing the Afghan-Indian love affair, I feel it is right to assume India will grant these lovely people asylum in their wonderful country.
Bai I heard India treats Muslims with full dignity and respect :woot:

The reality is that Pakistan does not physically have enough man power to deport all the Afghan refugees home. The only thing that would send them back is if we started massacring them.

No one here has mentioned the fact that there has been an increased number of Afghans coming illegally into Pakistan the last 2 years. What are we going to do about them?

So let me get this straight. After all those talks of hot pursuit and ban Pakistan and anti-pakistan statements they come begging and crawling on their knees asking us to give them a favor about keeping their refugees for two more years.

I say no. If they want strained diplomatic relations then we should not try to give them any favors... That's two years of our resources being wasted on an ungrateful bunch. Time to end this. Pakistan should say that in a span of one year we will send back all the refugees during that year in small groups so we hope that Afghanistan makes good arrangements otherwise they can sleep in caves as long as its not our land.

There are at least 10 million Afghans living in Pakistan (legal and illegal).They are a huge strain on our fragile economy. If they were'nt here our economic figures would be far better. We deprive our own people to help them.

Afghan logic: let's burn a Pakistani flag inside our refugee camp and then let's celebrate by eating in Peshawar. :crazy:

View attachment 249485

All these guys in that pic. will be risking life and limb to enter Pakistan and stay there.

Listen guys, I know you are frustrated, but I have met many good Afghans in Pakistan, so cursing at them is completely out of line. Not "all" of them are thankless and anti-Pakistan.

They are good Pakistani Afghans as long as they are on Pakistan's soil, but when they visit Kabul they are the best Indian Afghans, sadly this is what it is :P.

So much for ghairat-mand Afghan. Pehley thhoktey hein, phir apna hi thooka howa chaat tey hein.

Afghans Quit Pakistan.jpg

Last edited:
Whats the use of so mch hoopla abt deporting Afghan refugees,,,as if u can keep thm away with that porous border n similar ppl on both sides,,,,,,infact if conditions within Afghanistan worsen after US withdrawl,,u shud expect more refugees.

Bro I understand what you mean, those who are sympathetic with Pakistan you havent had a good chance to bring an evil in them. Next time when you have a gathering with these so called good ones, ask them that Pakistan has helped you guys to get rid of Russia and America. Will wait for your reply then. See how it goes, and by the way good luck.

Funny, they say all these things about us on an official level, insulting us, burning flags in rallies, accusing us of trying to harm them, not co-operating in finding TTP runaways and commanders on their side, mostly due to incompetence. And then they ask us to continue to keep refugees?

Back
Top Bottom