What's new

JUNE (6th) Sikhs genocide rememberance

The motive was same, to get votes based on Sikh sentiments, Some where the estimates went wrong and so Golden Temple happened.

As I said earlier the entire episode is not handled properly, this situation is also called policy hijack. Some times Administration drafts policies but during the coarse, the situation gets out of control and they may not execute the policy correctly.

Then some tragedies occur as a result.

hmmm and then when such tragedies occur what should be done??

My guess is people consider the Khalistan issue dead judging economic prosperity and almost no signs of extremism in Punjab. Hence complacency.

Umm there was more than complacency during the heights of terrorism in Punjab...basically state have managed to protect the people who were behind the genocide(any surprise?)...the writing is on the wall but those who have lost their kith and kins it is hard for them top swallow...the country for whom their forefathers have laid their lives simply abandoned them and even after 3 decades of injustice there are no signs of justice..simply pathetic!!

My guess is people consider the Khalistan issue dead judging economic prosperity and almost no signs of extremism in Punjab. Hence complacency.
Operation Bluestar was not about Khalistan it was all about setting the score right.Indira Gandhi just wanted to send a message to the Sikhs "Don't oppose me or.....".She was high on the Iron Lady thing.
There's a saying in Punjabi "hankarea so mareya"

Guru Teg Bhadar sacrificed himself defending Kashmiri Pandits and one of them destroyed the Akal Takht.Guru ji must be doing an epic facepalm :laughcry:

Justice to the victims, But it got delayed ..........

and are there any sign of Justice even in the next 3 decades?? Anyhow my question was more on the Administration who simply "did a policy hijack and when the situation gets out of control and they did not execute the policy correctly"...in short they first messed up things...and then simply abandoned the case..result deaths and destruction to few thousand families...

Gandhian moment of "moral" clarity with help of a Sikh apologizing to Sikh Genocide?

Bad idea. Instead Rahul Gandhi, Sonia Gandhi or any close Gandhi should have apologized.

Not sure why we give so much weightage to an apology...it is like me slapping you till you die and then 30 years later someone from my family say's "I am sorry"....People are not interested in Sorry they want Justice but then how on this earth they are going to get one..

Operation Bluestar was not about Khalistan it was all about setting the score right.Indira Gandhi just wanted to send a message to the Sikhs "Don't oppose me or.....".She was high on the Iron Lady thing.
There's a saying in Punjabi "hankarea so mareya"

Guru Teg Bhadar sacrificed himself defending Kashmiri Pandits and one of them destroyed the Akal Takht.Guru ji must be doing an epic facepalm :laughcry:

With all due respect..even with right intentions...we should be careful in putting our words when we talk about greatest of great personalities...Kindly edit the post...

With all due respect..even with right intentions...we should be careful in putting our words when we talk about greatest of great personalities...Kindly edit the post...
Which worlds are those ???

and are there any sign of Justice even in the next 3 decades?? Anyhow my question was more on the Administration who simply "did a policy hijack and when the situation gets out of control and they did not execute the policy correctly"...in short they first messed up things...and then simply abandoned the case..result deaths and destruction to few thousand families...

Not sure why we give so much weightage to an apology...it is like me slapping you till you die and then 30 years later someone from my family say's "I am sorry"....People are not interested in Sorry they want Justice but then how on this earth they are going to get one..

Such statements aka apologies are Symbolic and sometimes symbolic things are used and help in calming or arosing public sentiments. I agree these do NOT give any sense of justice. But while delivering a symbolic apology or applause that too regardring historical facts, needs alot of care.

Many people here say Manmohan Singh had already apologised. Thats a bad symbolic debacle even for a symbolic apology. The fact that he is a Sikh himself who's family was targted during the riots . Thanks to his Hindu son in law who came to their rescue telling the mob that he was a Hindu and that house belongs to him.

A Sikh PM made scapgoat by Congress to apologise for Sikh genocide on behalf of Congress is a bad idea even for a formality.

Such statements aka apologies are Symbolic and sometimes symbolic things are used and help in calming or arosing public sentiments. I agree these do NOT give any sense of justice. But while delivering a symbolic apology or applause that too regardring historical facts, needs alot of care.

Many people here say Manmohan Singh had already apologised. Thats a bad symbolic debacle even for a symbolic apology. The fact that he is a Sikh himself who's family was targted during the riots . Thanks to his Hindu son in law who came to their rescue telling the mob that he was a Hindu and that house belongs to him.

A Sikh PM made scapgoat by Congress to apologise for Sikh genocide on behalf of Congress is a bad idea even for a formality.

My point is not on the apology but the weightage given to it...Even if it comes from the mouth of the Sonia Gnadhi it is of no use...these a$$ holes were hell bent on giving their pigs tickets but had to back off just bcoz of public pressure...

My point is not on the apology but the weightage given to it...Even if it comes from the mouth of the Sonia Gnadhi it is of no use...these a$$ holes were hell bent on giving their pigs tickets but had to back off just bcoz of public pressure...

If Sonia Gandhi apologises on behalf of Congress it will atleast be cofession to party involvement in the killings

Killings of Brig O'Dyar (Jallianwalla guy),Gen Vaidya and Indira Gandhi. Sikhs never forget or forgive. Khalistan will definitely come. Too much blood has been spilled for this.

Thank you for caring for us.
But I think you should be more scared because Sikhs are as Indian as anyone else and have a fair share in the Indian army...now don't wet your pants :cheesy:
Thank you for appreciating us :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom