What's new

Jumma Khutba by Mufti Tariq Masood, duscussing Visit to Naval facility

Very worrying development to be honest.
Tariq Masood is a Deobandi alim who has spoken against the practices of other groups particularly the Barelvi school.

For evidence please see his lecture on how celebrating the birth of the Prophet(saws) is a biddah and not permitted.

Now bare in mind that the Mliad is a national holiday and there are refutations against what is being said, which I won't get into.

Here is another video;

How can such a polarising figure be allowed to come and speak at the armed forces of a nation which is meant to represent all? Why don't we see Imams from other fiqh allowed?
I'm sorry people have had grave concerns about the navy in the past, and there have been purges and investigations but this will make people edgy.
They could have for example invited people like Maulna Tariq Jameel saib, who is a very well respected Deobandi alim and who has done fantastic work in bringing al schools of thought together as Muslims and united Pakistanis. But this move is simply strange and at odds with many things.

Being Shia I admit that Barelvi sunnis are the majority both in Pakistan and Armed Forces. yet why only Deo mullahs are invited?

Being Shia I admit that Barelvi sunnis are the majority both in Pakistan and Armed Forces. yet why only Deo mullahs are invited?

They are the majority, and you're right, it's only fair there should be representation among other fiqhs.

They are the majority, and you're right, it's only fair there should be representation among other fiqhs.

I've no hatred against my deo brothers and I've many friends from that sect. But Talblighi Jamat is excessively brainwashing youth and converting them to the deobandi fiqh with repeated scripts. They've their influence everywhere whether politics or military. That's just a fact and am not saying this due to any kind of religious bases. Many suicide bombers and terrorists had their relation with the Tablighis and even have accommodation within the markaz.

Mullahs are the ones who exploited Military. NCOs and Junior officers are vulnerable to their venom.
I hope u will be helding ur funeral without Mullah, if u r Muslim.

I've no hatred against my deo brothers and I've many friends from that sect. But Talblighi Jamat is excessively brainwashing youth and converting them to the deobandi fiqh with repeated scripts. They've their influence everywhere whether politics or military. That's just a fact and am not saying this due to any kind of religious bases. Many suicide bombers and terrorists had their relation with the Tablighis and even have accommodation within the markaz.
Tablighis are the most Non-Violent branch of deobandi sect, I have only one issue with them, they do not discuss Jihad or armed resistance in their preachings, they sort of run from mentioning Jihad. I have seen friends breaking up inly for preaching Jihad, but thats not for majority. Most of them will come when they will be needed.

It all depends on if they only prayed faraz , or did they also played none faraz rakat after prayers

amir-liaquat-crorepati-gameshow.png

In term of the Ajar and good virtues

If it is friday and you are at sea might as well do a prayer at sea

Last edited:
Every mullah is going to become pro military when he sees some benefit ahead. We do not mullahs who give us good taliban and bad talib theory. Enough of this. Taliban is a mindset which we need to put out regardless of those who are pro or those who oppose.

You Hate them Sunni scholars, eh?!

You Hate them Sunni scholars, eh?!
He just hates, me thinks!

Anyhow, people should realise that it was a public relations exercise, NOT an advice taking session from those Mullas of all sects. Now there is every likelihood that these people, when they go back to their pulpits, will praise rather than malign the forces

Acha hai kam az kam molvi to propaganda nahi karen ge military k khilaf. keep them engaged in such activities especially from FATA and KPK.

Very worrying development to be honest.
Tariq Masood is a Deobandi alim who has spoken against the practices of other groups particularly the Barelvi school.

For evidence please see his lecture on how celebrating the birth of the Prophet(saws) is a biddah and not permitted.

Now bare in mind that the Mliad is a national holiday and there are refutations against what is being said, which I won't get into.

Here is another video;

How can such a polarising figure be allowed to come and speak at the armed forces of a nation which are meant to represent all? Why don't we see Imams from other fiqh allowed?
I'm sorry people have had grave concerns about the navy in the past, and there have been purges and investigations but this will make people edgy.
They could have for example invited people like Maulna Tariq Jameel saib, who is a very well respected Deobandi alim and who has done fantastic work in bringing al schools of thought together as Muslims and united Pakistanis. But this move is simply strange and at odds with many things.

Its fine, we all know deobandi believe its Biddah.. He mentioned in his speech that he prayed in Imamat of Mufti Muneeb ur Rehman so maybe he is not that extremist or sectarian.

Every mullah is going to become pro military when he sees some benefit ahead. We do not mullahs who give us good taliban and bad talib theory. Enough of this. Taliban is a mindset which we need to put out regardless of those who are pro or those who oppose.
From Pakistan's POV, those Taliban that attack Pakistan are bad. Those that do not attack Pakistan are good (or rather not bad).

Should Pakistan attack those Taliban that are not attacking Pakistan, then those Taliban will (naturally) attack Pakistan. Is this something wise and prudent for Pakistan?

From a religious concept, then it all depends on what sect one comes from. Does it not?
From a Shia POV any Taliban movement be it TTP or Afghan Taliban or indeed many other Sunni movements are incorrect. And from a TTP or Afghan Taliban, and other Sunni movements, the Shia sect is incorrect.
Now to determine which is the correct one from a Religious POV is fraught with difficulties.

There are a lot of things which I cannot write due to several reasons.However, let me inform you that Pakistani armed forces are more careful about beliefs of their soldiers.I will just describe a fraction of entire scene:"If religious concepts of a soldier seems not good; either he seems extremist or too liberal then they are released from duty respectfully via "Golden handshake" and not promoted.
So, let them deal with what they are dealing with for ages successfully. In fact, very successfully.

Regards
How does the military determine what is a good religious concept? Who in the military determines what is extremist or liberal? I am curious.

Last edited:
267806_10151508490641499_1719398487_n.jpg

we all are muslims and we should not forget what our holly book is saying and it is very clear .. for me all of us are heading toward the same destination but our routs could be bit different

There are a lot of things which I cannot write due to several reasons.However, let me inform you that Pakistani armed forces are more careful about beliefs of their soldiers.I will just describe a fraction of entire scene:"If religious concepts of a soldier seems not good; either he seems extremist or too liberal then they are released from duty respectfully via "Golden handshake" and not promoted.
So, let them deal with what they are dealing with for ages successfully. In fact, very successfully.

Regards
Also how did General Mushraf reach such a high rank. Was he not considered too liberal? Or General Zia ul Haq , was he not considered too extreme?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom