Pakistan
image.png

JUI-F Senator 'verbally abuses' female analyst during TV talk show
DAWN.COM — UPDATED ABOUT 2 HOURS AGO

WHATSAPP
0 COMMENTS
EMAIL
PRINT
KARACHI: A Jamiat-i-Ulema-i-Islam Fazl (JUI-F) senator reportedly used abusive language against female analyst and rights activist Marvi Sirmed during a television show on Friday, triggering a social media uproar.

The show aired on private television channel NewsOne was debating recent honour killings in Pakistan when JUI-F Senator Hafiz Hamdullah got angry over Ms Sirmed for what he believed was her support for the comments of Barrister Masroor, a panelist in the programme, over a lack of reaction from the Council Of Islamic Ideology on these killings.

Hamdullah was of the view that Barrister Masroor should not have used the words 'pee k soey hue hain' (sleeping after getting intoxicated) for the CII chairman and his fellow JUI-F member Maulana Sherani.

"I won't allow you to speak if you are supporting his words," Hamdullah said to Sirmed.

The argument between Hamdullah and Sirmed resulted in an exchange of hot words between the rights activist and the lawmaker.

As seen in the video, Hamdullah continued that he would not allow Sirmed to speak.

The questionable language was omitted from the transmission. However, Sirmed in her Facebook post claimed that Hamdullah began verbally abusing her with the worst possible expletives and tried to physically attack her as well.

Talking to DawnNews, Sirmed said Hamdullah also tried to physically attack her, forcing panelist Fayaz ul Hassan Chauhan to get in the way to stop him and have the channel's management call its security staff.

She further claimed that the whole episode is recorded in the channel's cameras.

PTI's Fayaz ul Hassan Chauhan and Barrister Masroor supported Sirmed's claim on social media.
http://www.dawn.com/news/1263975/jui-f-senator-verbally-abuses-female-analyst-during-tv-talk-show
---------------
Didn't understand why a Mod locked an important incident reported with source. Well, it's not a FB source. On topic Masroor guy was one who trigged the situation why everyone including that fat sinner molvi accusing and abusing Marvi. Let me guess in our culture the woman is weak and easy to target, same attitude here majority abusing her like molvi did.

very poor behaviour by maulana sahib in ramazan.....

how they claim to reflec the seerat of beloved prophet (saw) who went to the house of the lady who used to throw garbage at him (saw) to enquire if she was sick (which she was that day) when she failed to show up and throw garbage at him.....

very few people indeed agree with what marvi sarmad and alikes stand for .... but please be aware islam is name of doing right in face of wrong (regardless of odds or consequences).....

dealing wrong with wrong is not islam....

I sympathise with marvi sarmad .... (I don't agree with her but I respect her , because my prophet (saw) told us to respect even enemies)

Both are equally big mouthed. We get this kind of entertainment free of cost. It is difficult to defend any of the evils involved in this conflict...one is a sell out and other is a lunatic. The video is here for us to see what's going on. But honestly all I heard are few long beeeeps :D:D and there was no assault unfortunately.

Last edited:
LOL the video is fun.

Both were fighting like dogs but frankly speaking it was Mullah who started this squabble. Mullahs in Pakistan should understand that time is changing, they should develop patience to listen others point of view as well.

DAWN.COM — UPDATED ABOUT 3 HOURS AGO
WHATSAPP
0 COMMENTS
PRINT
KARACHI: A Jamiat-i-Ulema-i-Islam Fazl (JUI-F) senator reportedly used abusive language against female analyst and rights activist Marvi Sirmed during a television show on Friday, triggering a social media uproar.

The show aired on private television channel NewsOne was debating recent honour killings in Pakistan when JUI-F Senator Hafiz Hamdullah got angry over Ms Sirmed for what he believed was her support for the comments of Barrister Masroor, a panelist in the programme, over a lack of reaction from the Council Of Islamic Ideology on these killings.

Hamdullah was of the view that Barrister Masroor should not have used the words 'pee k soey hue hain' (sleeping after getting intoxicated) for the CII chairman and his fellow JUI-F member Maulana Sherani.

"I won't allow you to speak if you are supporting his words," Hamdullah said to Sirmed.

The argument between Hamdullah and Sirmed resulted in an exchange of hot words between the rights activist and the lawmaker.

As seen in the video, Hamdullah continued that he would not allow Sirmed to speak.

The questionable language was omitted from the transmission. However, Sirmed in her Facebook post claimed that Hamdullah began verbally abusing her with the worst possible expletives and tried to physically attack her as well.

Talking to DawnNews, Sirmed said Hamdullah also tried to physically attack her, forcing panelist Fayaz ul Hassan Chauhan to get in the way to stop him and have the channel's management call its security staff.

She further claimed that the whole episode is recorded in the channel's cameras.

PTI's Fayaz ul Hassan Chauhan and Barrister Masroor supported Sirmed's claim on social media.

On Twitter, politicians, lawmakers and media representatives condemned the attack on Sirmed, some also calling for revoking Maulana Hamdullah's Senate membership.

The JUI-F senator has in the past used abusive language against a female anchor during a television talk show.

He verbally abused the show host for what he called her misrepresentation of clergy's views on violence against women.

WHATSAPP
0 COMMENTS
PRINT

DAWN.COM — UPDATED ABOUT 3 HOURS AGO
WHATSAPP
0 COMMENTS
PRINT

On Twitter, politicians, lawmakers and media representatives condemned the attack on Sirmed, some also calling for revoking Maulana Hamdullah's Senate membership.

The JUI-F senator has in the past used abusive language against a female anchor during a television talk show.

He verbally abused the show host for what he called her misrepresentation of clergy's views on violence against women.

WHATSAPP
0 COMMENTS
PRINT
Your post is useless since it has already been posted. Can't you see the OP instead of trolling here.

Whilst the molvi was shouting and ranting Marvie Sirmed single handedly exposed the molvi with his shalwar' down :lol:

Wasn't she claiming that she was physically assaulted with punches and stuff? From what i noticed she started hurling abuses first called him Jaahil what and what not so even if he hurled abuses back at her, why is the media only focusing on the Paindoo Mullah? Women want equal rights,No?...............So if they are going to shout obscenities at someone should they not be given the same treatment?

Your post is useless since it has already been posted. Can't you see the OP instead of trolling here.
Hey no need to loose it .. double posts can happen .. Right !? No need to get all abusive like a child

Hey no need to loose it .. double posts can happen .. Right !? No need to get all abusive like a child
You are giving the impression as if something new has been added. I have not seen double posting of OP in the same thread and it is considered trolling . Do not take it personally mate.

Last edited:
Marvi vs maulana I do agree fair match. However this Marvi Sirmed and likes are most repulsive actually doing more harm to women cause than good just to keep their liberal upper class shit NGO party going on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom