What's new

How Khalil ur Rehman Qamar devastated the Aurat March campaign plus credibility of news channels?

His popular drama was about a girl who had done il-legal sex for money,

1st thing, if he is true muslim and he is against vulgarity,
why his drama/serie is based on a women who did i-legal sex, and no Hijab in his serie/dram,
We have a hijab serial, did you not watch? Shahnakt.

And he wrote it so his choice. Why doest that vulgarity not happen? or did it start after his drama?

MarasiMedia is a National Security Threat!

Free, fair and honest media is a strategic force....

Unless media become PakPositive and reflect the feelings, aspirations and dreams/fears of 220mln Paks... it shall remain on the declining path.

JumWhoriat+Liffafaz+KhooniLiberals are AntiPakistan

PakistanZindabad!!!

Plz Make it mandatory for news anchors to take xenax before reading from the teleprompter

His drama/seria dialogue "2 takay ki aurat" ia also based on "Recist",
Learn the meaning of racist. Women are a not a different race! I have no idea what I just read but it seems like you yourself are a lost soul and are throwing in words you may have heard but have no clue about!

2 takay ki aurat is unfortunately a known proverb in Pakistan and in the context of the drama....it was appropriately used. A woman or a man who is disloyal to a loving spouse is 2 takay ka/ki...

few women clearly said on media, that "Mera Jism Meri Marzi" meant, Hijob should be her choice, not choice of man
I agree with that.

BUT when you say shahadah, it becomes choice of ALLAH...not men not women!

she should not be raped,
NO ONE should be raped. There is no question to it!
I am yet to see this slogan raised. But by marching with LGBT flags, will it bring this change?

no acid attack, no torture and even she do not want sex with her husband due to illness or other reasons, man should not forced her..
These are def issues that should be raised. but some came with slogans of LGBT and wanting nudity, alcohol and same sex marriages...THEY diluted the whole argument I think they should be addressed and taken to the cleaners as their selfish slogans killed the aurat march much worse than any issue could!

next who says Hijab is mans demand, its our religion which commands that how a women should dress.
if they have problem with religion they are free to leave islam, and do what they do we wont have any problem,

But i am 100% sure for leaving Islam, Mullah will kill them..
According to Mullah ! Punishment for leaving Islam is Death..

I am not saying they want to leave Islam or not..
But i am saying its not easying for them to leave islam

if Khalil ur Rehman use same language against any respectable women i would not support but condemn it, but for a women like Marvi sarmad I fully support , she wants equal rights so if you abuse man , they will abuse back ..
I like how many senior members here on PDF is playing all saints by saying , this is wrong he should not abuse but check their history of Posts on PDF, they used even worse language against the likes of Christian fair and critics of Pakistan , All of these so called decent people on PDF, if a poor women hit their new expensive car, they will use worse language against them and here they pretend all nice and saints . If we wash the face of these so called senior members of PDF who are against the use of language against marvi sarmad ,Ander se ghaleez insaan nikle ga .

I am smelling hypocrisy in your post...

Once a Mullah from JUI (i think Hameedullah) asked same woman:
"Mein Tumhari Shalwar Utaar Doo Ga"

Was it right ?
if she reply "2 takkay ka molvi" , then i hope there will be storm in twitter and facebook

According to Mullah !
Question is do you follow the Quran or the Mullah?

Do you know what the QURAN says about disbelief?

Verily, those who believe, then disbelieve, then believe (again), and (again) disbelieve, and go on increasing in disbelief; Allah will not forgive them, nor guide them on the (Right) Way.
[Quran 4:137]
How can one disbelieve again and again if in the 1st round he is killed. The fact that Quran states about repeated disbelief it means that the person didnt die nor was killed for the 1st disbelief...and it is ALLAH who wont forgive them nor guide them, who are we to interfere?

But i am saying its not easying for them to leave islam
It is VERY easy to leave Islam, just not easy to declare it coz of other social benefits such as people respecting you and your family!

This aurat march is nothing to be concerned about. Just needs to handle institutes like LUMs and few such examples in isb and karachi and everything will be fine.

Indeed mummy-daddy institutions like LUMS are just propping up a brigade of radical left extremists and anarchists with psychological issues.

This issue has done major upheaval in the news media industry esp. anchorpersons who have faced considerable backlash on their coverage of the tiff between Khalil ur Rehman Qamar
and Marvi Sirmed. And the insiders are finding it really hilarious to see the bashing of anchorpersons' overall image.

For the first time social media trounced news channels and the credibility of a lot of programs hosts was affected.

For the first time they were challenged by someone from the media industry from wehere they were'nt expecting.

BACKGROUND

Relations between Foreign funded Women NGOs and news media industry is largely uneasy but has been managed well by some important actors behind the scene.

Few channels (which everyone knows who they are) and anchorpersons were instructed to lead a publicity campaign to improve the reputation of Aurat March for it to escape further petition filings. Reason was few Petitions were filed in February to stop this march calling it anti-Pakistani social fabric by showcasing the vulgar placards displayed in these marches in the previous years. All were rejected in the last couple of weeks citing freedom to assembly but petitioners in LHC were successful in getting the invocation of Article 19, which gives freedom of expression subject to 'reasonable restrictions' something abhorred by certain well backed high profile feminists affiliated to Aurat Foundation and other NGOs who called it a defeat and pushback by the 'deep state'.

Famous drama playwright Khalil ur Rehman Qamar was known to keep his distance from news media was facing consistent campaign to vilify him infront of women by by certain feminazis or feminist fanatics in media covering the entertainment industry against some of his interviews and the subject of his recent hit drama 'Mere Paas Tum Ho' . It had an effect on his image and made Kinnaird College cancel an interactive session. Frustrated and angered by these campaigns Khalil ur Rehman Qamar started to voice his opinion and took to participation in various discussions on this topic by the channels.

KHALIL UR REHMAN Vs MARVI SIRMED

The show which stoked the controversy was planned as a faceoff between SAFMA affiliate/profane journo Marvi Sirmed and JUI Senator/religious cleric where she was to bash him GET A REACTION that would help trigger women, further the feminist cause as well as ratings for the program(win/win for both). Qamar was 'briefed' to discuss only the slogans of the march. Marvi is known to provoke and get a reaction she missed her target and got into a heated exchange with Khalil ur Rehman Qamar. It did not get widespread attention on social media apart from the feminists in social media. Feminists and the media finally had a target.

PLANNED NEWS ANCHORS TARGET KILLING of KHALIL UR REHMAN IMAGE

The next day GEO took the lead where its morning show anchors Abdullah Sultan and female anchor started the attacks against Qamar as well as tweeting the issue (to cash in appreciation from the feminist and other high profile backers), by evening almost all media anchorpersons from Dunya's Ajmal Jami to Hamid Mir were at war with Khalil ur Rehman Qamar for dishonoring a 'woman' Marvi Sirmed known by many to be a provocateur and notorious individual who abused profanities against politicians and panelists before also as well as that day. They were MADE to defend her position or basically serve the prupose of Aurat March, which they did by holding their noses as she is'nt that liked in the industry.

By afternoon Qamar started visiting news studios to explain his side of the story. Express TV Anchor Mansoor Ali Khan was able to secure presence of Khalil ur Rehman for his primetime show. Another notorious person Aamir Liaquat and actress Resham which was pre-planned to shame him and get him to apologize or regret. He was shamed and abused by Aamir Liaquat, host Mansoor and Resham which led to the tipping point on social media, all hell broke loose.

HUGE BACKLASH AGAINST ANCHORPERSONS ON SOCIAL MEDIA

Huge backlash followed on social media where the shocked and angry public went after every anchorperson who was trying to force Qamar to say sorry. There tweets were filled with abusive comments on their purpose to protect Marvi Sirmed which was not the case as it was more of a marketing strategy that failed badly and exploded on their faces.

GEO CONTRACT

For last 5 years, Khalil ur Rehman Qamar worked mostly with Humayun Saeed team of Production House Six Sigma. It has included successful dramas and box office hit film Punjab Nahi Jaongi. Geo Entertainment has been trying to rope in Khalil ur Rehman for a longtime. Khalil basically wanted to make his own film, Abdullah Kadwani of 7th sky lured him towards Geo Entertainment channel with a heavy package to pen scripts for 4 dramas and financing of a film.

After this issue, Geo tried to pressurize him by suspending (not terminating) his contract. He responded in even heavy manner and gave indication that he cancels the agreement won't work with Geo again. 7th sky productions and Geo Entertainment channel are now both stuck in a bad situation as they has already had made preparations for the shoot while the writer now has refused to give his scripts.

This marketing campaign for aurat march has devastated the integrity of the news anchorpersons as well as pushed Geo's entertainment channel into uncertainty.
Backlash on social media still continues and Aurat March has become more controversial despite remarks by IHC Judge.

I hope its as rosy as you have portrayed. A prostitute has more self respect and integrity than Pakistani media especially Geo.

if Khalil ur Rehman use same language against any respectable women i would not support but condemn it, but for a women like Marvi sarmad I fully support , she wants equal rights so if you abuse man , they will abuse back ..
I like how many senior members here on PDF is playing all saints by saying , this is wrong he should not abuse but check their history of Posts on PDF, they used even worse language against the likes of Christian fair and critics of Pakistan , All of these so called decent people on PDF, if a poor women hit their new expensive car, they will use worse language against them and here they pretend all nice and saints . If we wash the face of these so called senior members of PDF who are against the use of language against marvi sarmad ,Ander se ghaleez insaan nikle ga .

If you look at social media, she has a history of abusing men, insulting Pakistan and Islam. If she met a match and she was abused by a man, there is nothing to be embarrassed about. It had to happen one day.

I am not deeply following this Aurat March (Womens' Independence Movement) closely. Perhaps I sort of expected the direction of the discourse.

For a disclosure, I am one of those proscribed 'Liberals' who are hated like we have some plague, not just in Pakistan but seems like in most of the world these days! You are free to hate me. But I have seen and EXPERIENCED Pakistan from early 1970s into early 1990s, before I moved to America. I think I should have a perspective to share on this, however unpalatable it may be for a 'Defense' forum. So hear me out, because I think the moment we silence other voices we start to self-destruct.

Anyway...

The Aurat March in Pakistan, I think some of the slogans like 'My body, my choice' could have been more contextualized and nuanced for Pakistan. But overall, the empowerment of women in Pakistan in Pakistan is of the PARAMOUNT importance for Pakistan. Set aside your sense of piety, male-insecurity, hypocrisy, lust for women and ****, IF you have those traits in some combination, which you probably do in some ways, if you disapprove the Aurat March women. And think rationally! How can this debate be bad for Pakistan? How can a tiny minority of women be threat to the existent male dominant discourse of Pakistan? These women are not a threat to Pakistan.

It is best to use the Aurat March for a frank, honest debate inside Pakistan for women's rights, especially the inheritance rights. And to undo some of the damages done by the Proto-Taliban President Zia u Haq against women and the minorities.

Honest debate, guys and gals! The social order in Pakistan is not going to change because of some thousand women marching. But it's an opportunity to have an honest debate about women's rights.

PS. BTW, As wife and I were in Pakistan in December 2019, we were very pleased to see women in all spheres of life in Pakistan. That's how a nation which wants to progress should be. It was a stark contrast from the Pakistan I had left decades ago--and a welcome change too.

Back
Top Bottom