What's new

Joining Pak Army by Expats/Pakistanis Residing Abroad

I'm from Lahore.

To be honest I respect both my countries however some of the stuff that RM are fighting for, I don't agree with. I can fluently speak Urdu (with a Lahori accent actually) and have been visiting Pakistan since birth. I understand your point however where I think i'm different is that I've seen the West compared to other Pakistani's that have not and which want to live and work here (due it being portrayed as a aim to make for some reason) and to what I have seen from my family members back in Pakistan (from the one that is in the Army), it's a better life style than here in the West.
A detached 4-5 bed house, in DHA seems to be better than what I will likely be able to afford with my salary in the UK if I start to work here. Most likely scenario is a Semi-Detached or Detached 3 bed house or if I'm in London then a 2-3 bed terraced or semi-detached.
My second plan is (if not PA); work in the UK for 4-7 years then move to the Middle East, earn tax free and make a house in the UK and Pakistan. :cheers:
I think military pay is higher in the Uk than in Pakistan?

I think military pay is higher in the Uk than in Pakistan?
Yes, it sure does. I think the starting salary for an Officer is around £20,000-25,000year but there are more fringe benefits in PA. On retirement you get a house or a land in DHA. During service you get a house given to you, a car, etc. I think it's free schooling for your children as well.
And the Shauhada package is decent for Pakistan's standard. I think it's around £70,000 if you lose your life.

Yes, it sure does. I think the starting salary for an Officer is around £20,000-25,000year but there are more fringe benefits in PA. On retirement you get a house or a land in DHA. During service you get a house given to you, a car, etc. I think it's free schooling for your children as well.
And the Shauhada package is decent for Pakistan's standard. I think it's around £70,000 if you lose your life.
Dude, if you want to join the PA just for the fringe benefits then you are better off trying your luck somewhere else,, you dont get anything for free, you start paying for the house and land in DHA as soon as you enter the academy (in the form of automated deduction from the salary), you pay a nominal rent for the accommodation (which sucks) during service, you dont get a "car". until you are a General, no free schooling especially for officers' kids.
The only thing i do agree with is the Shahuda Package but that too is not as good as it should have been.

Dude, if you want to join the PA just for the fringe benefits then you are better off trying your luck somewhere else,, you dont get anything for free, you start paying for the house and land in DHA as soon as you enter the academy (in the form of automated deduction from the salary), you pay a nominal rent for the accommodation (which sucks) during service, you dont get a "car". until you are a General, no free schooling especially for officers' kids.
The only thing i do agree with is the Shahuda Package but that too is not as good as it should have been.
I never said that I want to join PA due to fringe benefits; all I was doing was trying to explain to Hassan Guy that why am I willing to leave the UK and join PA. Of course the biggest reason is because PA is a passion and I would like to contribute my self to it however no one can survive with out money and money is always a major factor in choosing a career.
And about the "car", to my understanding you get a vehicle (not owned by you) which you can drive for personal use.
Please don't misquote me.

I never said that I want to join PA due to fringe benefits; all I was doing was trying to explain to Hassan Guy that why am I willing to leave the UK and join PA. Of course the biggest reason is because PA is a passion and I would like to contribute my self to it however no one can survive with out money and money is always a major factor in choosing a career.
And about the "car", to my understanding you get a vehicle (not owned by you) which you can drive for personal use.
Please don't misquote me.
Best of luck then mate, but no one gets a car for any use personal or otherwise (except generals). I suggest you look into the matter a little deeper lefore commiting to a 10+ year contract.

Best of luck then mate, but no one gets a car for any use personal or otherwise (except generals). I suggest you look into the matter a little deeper lefore commiting to a 10+ year contract.
Thank you for the advice brother! I sure will, i've got 1 year to decide whether to join PMA or go to university within the UK.
Thank you. :-)

I 100 per cent disagree; I my self am a duel citizenship holder (Pakistan and the UK) and I seriously get called "over patriotic" by my family and my friends say that "you know more than you need to know about Pak Army".
Why is it that duel nationals or overseas Pakistani's are always blamed for everything, to this point that we are being called "not loyal". 4 per cent of Pakistani's are overseas and we bring in somewhat $16B in remittance.
When ever some one talks againt Pakistan, we make sure we teach them a lesson and we still get called "not loyal"? For What?
If I as a overseas Pakistani want to join Pak Army, I should and thank God I am allowed to join.

By the way after spending our whole lives away from our loved ones back in Pakistan and working hard sending money back all our lives we are gifted with The right to NOT vote in the elections. Why?

Don't blame overseas Pakistani's because it's easier to do.
The real traitors are those who live in Pakistan like Nawaz, Maunla Diesel, Zardari etc

Is this process to join still up to date?
If you are interested in joining, best thing to do is come down to Pakistan during the next intake and we have plenty of people in country who can guide you.

Has anyone here joined the army while living abroad that can help guide me as well?

Thank you for the advice brother! I sure will, i've got 1 year to decide whether to join PMA or go to university within the UK.
Thank you. :-)
I'm sorry but I was reading this thread and I want to ask , considering I currently share a identical to what you had in this post , minus that I actually already have a appointment with the attache in London , how was that experience at the high commission?

I'm sorry but I was reading this thread and I want to ask , considering I currently share a identical to what you had in this post , minus that I actually already have a appointment with the attache in London , how was that experience at the high commission?
I haven’t applied yet, I just got offers back from university. I plan to apply for the next opening after August. My best guess is the experience will be the same, in Pakistan you have an interview with a Colonel and overseas it will likely be with a Brigadier. Both will likley ask similar questions, if you have an idea of what they ask. My friend’s brother went through the experience and he said it was what he expected. Talking to a 1 star; there were some off putting questions, but you expect that.

Has anyone here joined the army while living abroad that can help guide me as well?
I know one person. I can get info for you if you like.

I haven’t applied yet, I just got offers back from university. I plan to apply for the next opening after August. My best guess is the experience will be the same, in Pakistan you have an interview with a Colonel and overseas it will likely be with a Brigadier. Both will likley ask similar questions, if you have an idea of what they ask. My friend’s brother went through the experience and he said it was what he expected. Talking to a 1 star; there were some off putting questions, but you expect that.

I know one person. I can get info for you if you like.
Yeah I get it , already expected it , good luck to you and if all goes well for both of us , you'll be my direct junior

Back
Top Bottom