What's new

John Kerry calls Shivshankar Menon to express regret about Devyani's treatment; defends US laws

Preet Bharara is a high flying prosecutor known for going after big fish whoever they are. Made a name for himself doing that. What he & many others seem to have missed here is that unlike his other famous targets, who when faced with the might of the U.S. government coming after them had simply no options, this was not one such case. Foreign states are not easily intimidated as individuals can be, reciprocity in kind is always possible and pretty much guaranteed in case of large states. Private individuals, no matter how rich or powerful, simply don't have that option. Poor judgment to go forward in this case in this manner.

expect them to feel sorry when govt makes an official statement today

USA is playing na ghar ka na ghaat ka diplomacy here, they emphatize with us, because hes got 2 daughters of same age as the Mrs.Devyani. but They will let their Home security go on...
There is no apology here, i think USA is seeing it as a bowing to a countrylike India, when it flew B-52'S into ADIZ of china recently, it doesn't want to lose face in front of the world!But in keeping your sensibilities, You should know how and when to play CHESS! We Indians play chess well right? what happened to your calculation and moves?

Preet Bharara is a high flying prosecutor known for going after big fish whoever they are. Made a name for himself doing that. What he & many others seem to have missed here is that unlike his other famous targets, who when faced with the might of the U.S. government coming after them had simply no options, this was not one such case. Foreign states are not easily intimidated as individuals can be, reciprocity in kind is always possible and pretty much guaranteed in case of large states. Private individuals, no matter how rich or powerful, simply don't have that option. Poor judgment to go forward in this case in this manner.

It has emerged that this case was not bottoms up driven by Preet Bharara as was earlier believed. It was top down driven.

The state department gave its clearance to prosecute this case and the Diplomatic Security Service signed off on the arrestee as having no immunity. The US Embassy gave jobs to Sangeeta Richards husband and gave them Visa and possible US asylum.

This is a much larger conspiracy that what was earlier believed.

All the regret and apology is not worth the paper it is written on, if No action is taken on the real culprits who thought up this plan to humiliate India. This pattern will continue to occur as it has been for the last 3 years.

Thank god that in this case were were LUCKY that the Diplomat was a Dalit , if she was "Upper Caste" we would NOT have so much support for her case and there would be allegations of "how Indians regularly treat their staff as shit" and how "upper caste" mentality has resulted in this. In short, every excuse to blame ourself rather than blame the real mastermind of this whole charade.

Last edited:
USA is playing na ghar ka na ghaat ka diplomacy here, they emphatize with us, because hes got 2 daughters of same age as the Mrs.Devyani. but They will let their Home security go on...
There is no apology here, i think USA is seeing it as a bowing to a countrylike India, when it flew B-52'S into ADIZ of china recently, it doesn't want to lose face in front of the world!But in keeping your sensibilities, You should know how and when to play CHESS!

i this game we have nothing to loose really.
mark my words here.

In 30 odd years when we are powerful enough we will automatically become pariah for usa and europe just like china is today,its inevitable.

It has emerged that this case was not bottoms up driven by Preet Bharara as was earlier believed. It was top down driven.

The state department gave its clearance to prosecute this case and the Diplomatic Security Service signed off on the arrestee as having no immunity. The US Embassy gave jobs to Sangeeta Richards husband and gave them passport and possible US asylum.

This is a much larger conspiracy that what was earlier believed.

All the regret and apology is not worth the paper it is written on, if No action is taken on the real culprits who thought up this plan to humiliate India. This pattern will continue to occur as it has been for the last 3 years.

Thank god that in this case were were LUCKY that the Diplomat was a Dalit , if she was "Upper Caste" we would NOT have so much support for her case and there would be allegations of "how Indians regularly treat their staff as shit" and how "upper caste" mentality has resulted in this. In short, every excuse to blame ourself rather than blame the real mastermind of this whole charade.
This is simply a case where they wanted to show INDIA it's place, if it didn't oblige with USA(democracy or no Democracy),They want a puppet. When India said NO, they tried their power( good for them)
We will be apprehensive about them and their nature in future. More to come....

Last edited:
This is simply a case where they wanted to show INDIA it's place, if it didn't oblige with USA(democracy or no Democracy),They want a puppet. When India said NO, they tried their power( good for them) we will be apprehensive about them and their nature in future. More to come....

this was clearly a message to india on some issue

now its a million dollar question,,,which issue??

i this game we have nothing to loose really.
mark my words here.

In 30 odd years when we are powerful enough we will automatically become pariah for usa and europe just like china is today,its inevitable.
Well that is inevitable of course, but i wish our people see through this fake diplomacy and see what their main motives are!

Well that is inevitable of course, but i wish our people see through this fake diplomacy and see what their main motives are!

u will find urself in minority here
most senior membes here are american fanboys

i have a feeling this has got to us welcoming karzai who is refusing to sign the BSA with usa.

maybe we refused to persuade him to sign that??

we have been going against them for a long time now , BRICS, depending less on US dollar , increasing oil imports with Iran , strong opposition on Syrian issue , latest issue with Afghanistan were we refused to convince Karzai for U.S . i was only wondering when something was going to happen ....

u will find urself in minority here
most senior membes here are american fanboys

i have a feeling this has got to us welcoming karzai who is refusing to sign the BSA with usa.

maybe we refused to persuade him to sign that??

some of them...not all

The questions will most likely linger on Bangladesh(95%) and less importantly Afghanisthan (5%).
I see a pattern.

man have u read the comments of our fellow indians in newspapers??
i am totally disgusted
I am not responsible for what these Indians say. These are one day nationalists. Feel good activists.

As I said, keep out of things you cannot comprehend.

The process for arrest was standard, the cause of arrest is what you should be arguing against.

Now keep out your dumb theories about planes out of this will you?
and you gtfo!!!!

This is simply a case where they wanted to show INDIA it's place, if it didn't oblige with USA(democracy or no Democracy),They want a puppet. When India said NO, they tried their power( good for them) we will be apprehensive about them and their nature in future. More to come....

Most certainly should be viewed and considered as an act of an unfriendly state which attempted to humiliate India, but I think what they really wanted was to 'embarrass' India.

However they foolishly thought that the US would come out smelling of roses for "freeing the Slaves" and the Indians would get egg on their face.

What actually happened is the opposite. The whole thing blew up in their face.

What this really tells us is how unreliable the US state really is and how little they really understand India.

As to their "Real Intentions", who cares. As long as they treat Indians in the US with RESPECT all their Intentions can be gauged and addressed appropriately.

I am not responsible for what these Indians say. These are one day nationalists. Feel good activists.

yup,but most of all commenting like

1)why does she need a maid??
2)all diplomats are chor??
3)USA laws are same for everyone unlike ours
4)USA was fully justified

i feel like personally see to the destruction of each of these ppl

Back
Top Bottom