What's new

Joe Biden: "Name one innovative product from China"

You maynot know that Vietnamese is open in using surname.

A woman always keep her name unchanged after married
A child could get surname from the father or mother or change his/her full name anytime.

And people know and call each other based on first name not surname, first name is more popular in even official letter : for example : our President known under his first name Sang, Mr. Sang ; PM : Mr. Dzung ; ... similar to call China Chairman in Vietnam style Mr. Ping not Mr. Xi
The famous general : Mr. Giap - Giap is the first name.

So not so strange to see some Vietnamese has the name Siu Black ( a famous singer) as original or Ronaldo, ...
that's not nickname, that's the name in passport. That could lead to Mr. Barack Obama - Vietnamese.
I hope you can read more Chinese history. The custom of Vietnam people Calling each other do follow the anicent Chinese custom. For example, The general Vo Nguyen Giap, as anicent Chinese custom, people cant call him the whole name, which means to look him very very very very very down. If you called Mr Xi in anicent China, He would be very angry:(. Only the first name was called in anicent China. For example, in "Tam Quoc", you never Heard someone called Gia Cat Luong. He called himself "Luong", other call him"Kong minh".

Can you define me from when Chinese changed the way calling other name to surname ?

But what has Japan invented?

One of the basic of efficient industrial manufacturing (lean manufacturing / Toyota production system). It's being sold like hot cake all over world and every one is copying including enterprises in China.

On a side note we must acknowledge every one goes thru learning curve.

its starts from Idolizing --> Copy / Emulation --> Learn --> Innovate

Japan been thru this part and China is on same trail. They have some catch up to do, but they will eventually reach there.

One of the basic of efficient industrial manufacturing (lean manufacturing / Toyota production system). It's being sold like hot cake all over world and every one is copying including enterprises in China.

On a side note we must acknowledge every one goes thru learning curve.

its starts from Idolizing --> Copy / Emulation --> Learn --> Innovate

Japan been thru this part and China is on same trail. They have some catch up to do, but they will eventually reach there.
Japan does great contribution to modern industry. No doubt.

China still has a long long way to study .

Japan does great contribution to modern industry. No doubt.
China still has a long long way to study .
The different is, while Japan was in copying/emulating phase of a product, they didn't sell it all around the world.
If you get my point..

The different is, while Japan was in copying/emulating phase of a product, they didn't sell it all around the world.
If you get my point..
Are you kidding me ?

Japan did every possible ways to get high tech , even use spy.

They did not sell it all around the world because at that time the world was not as close as today . And Soviet Union .

Are you kidding me ?

Japan did every possible ways to get high tech , even use spy.

They did not sell it all around the world because at that time the world was not as close as today . And Soviet Union .
Yeah right, I've seen a Samsung phone's copy, for example. And guess what? Viola.. made in China.. :woot:

Maybe, you need some links too? I wonder

I disagree with Joe Biden.
China is a master at innovating. One of their specialties is getting lot's of aluminium and copper, on the order of 100.000 tones combined, using it as collateral insurance in loans, and then making it disapear into thin air :lol:
There will be lots of shadow bankers going bust, and some regular bankers will have troubles too, if the quantity is anywhere near the reported amounts.
What's even better, same metal wes supposedly used as insurance not only for one loan, like it's supposed to be, but for several loans.

China Scrambling After "Discovering" Thousands Of Tons Of Rehypothecated Copper, Aluminum Missing | Zero Hedge

Another card falls of the house of cards. No wonder CCP buys gold like there's no tommorow. That's the only thing that will have any value once enough cards fall.

Last edited:
What is Xiaomi Innovation?

Xiaomi’s real invention is its business model. It sells online, never in stores, and avoids conventional advertising, devoting only about 1 percent of its revenue to marketing. (By comparison, Samsung earmarks 5.4 percent.) Instead, the company relies on China’s social networks, Weibo and WeChat, and the free press Lei gets as a national tech hero. The money Xiaomi saves on marketing lets it buy top-notch components while keeping retail prices down. The Mi 3 costs 1,699 yuan, or $270; the iPhone in China starts at more than twice that. A Mi 3, or any Xiaomi phone, is a great deal if you’re lucky enough to snag one—the latest models routinely sell out. Xiaomi sells handsets in batches, usually of around 100,000. The first Mi 3 release, the company trumpeted, was bought up in only 86 seconds. It’s the technology equivalent of Air Jordans.

China Technology News: Xiaomi's Phones Have Conquered China. Now It's Aiming for the Rest of the World

Because the Viet never copy.

They hate to learn.

They are hunter-gatherers which earns them a lot of international sympathy.

Yep, they live in hot and very comfortable weather, which burns their head. They are satisfied with their current lives, they enjoy it, they don't want to learn new things. That's why they lag behind.

If you think China is only known for her cheap labor and do not innovate enough compared to Japan because you think Japan is number 1 in producing patents leaving US and China, and Korea the only asian country after Japan, then its time for you to see the real fact that Japan is well behind China - even US is behind China. :

20121215_INC644.png

This is good news. China has been on the top of patent applications. But we lack world class and famous brand, I mean, compared to current China's economy size, we need way more world 1st class brands, however it need time. I am not saying Xiaomi or Lenove is not that good, we just need more companies or brands like these. When people love Chinese goods or culture, they will not hate or dislike China.

The increase of patent applications is just a start, we need more time to build more helpful civilian technology and goods to serve the world. That's the responsibility of China.

Hmmmmm, that is very a question by Biden but what difference does it make as long as the job is being done, right? :undecided:

Yeah right, I've seen a Samsung phone's copy, for example. And guess what? Viola.. made in China.. :woot:

Maybe, you need some links too? I wonder

Japanese copies of rolex, bmw, electronics were also sold worldwide in 60 era.

If you get my point..
Who says that? Japanese stuff was in the markets all over the world before this role was assumed by Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Singapore. You may not be old enough to remember those tin toys from Japan but I do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom