What's new

Jobless after virus lockdown, India's poor struggle to eat

Every country is struggling to contain this virus, people are concerned for victims everywhere - but an Indian is the only one who would bring up Nobel prizes at this time. The hubris and self regard is sickening.

Don't forget, the first thing they did after lockdown was try to copy the viral videos of Italians singing out of their apartment buildings. Narcissistic sociopaths.

Depends on your definition of 'beat' .

Trump thinks 100,000 dead is a win. I wonder how many Indians should die for Modiji to win a prize?
1 million at least.

As an aside, India should have strictly implemented single-child policy two decades ago at least.
You mean zero child as it would have reduced chance of a rapist?

I have so many friends in UK both english and desi and believe me all of them are so critical of corona thing by UK government. They themselves are saying that India is doing much better as of now. Since it is unprecedented scenario in the world with no past references on what are the best way of handling it, there is no reference manual to say what is right or wrong.
As per me it is choice between selecting the less painful of two options, fear of what will happen in the lockdown or start moving towards their homes in sun and rain even if that mean long walks.
From country perspective the goal of the government is to minimize the casualties either from corona or from hunger. It will be a tough rope for Modi to walk, but I have a feeling India will sail out of it.

Also dont forget, even when Isro sent the MOM, these so called western countries specially US and UK media were very hawkish towards India. So i just ignore them.
Complete and utter b.crap. Britain is rallying hard with the social distancing and I believe the new infection rate may have slowed just today according to some experts. Nobody...I repeat nobody in Britain (except obviously the loyal Indian British community - for obvious reasons) thinks Britain needs to take counsel from India regarding this crisis. I think you're lying about your UK based "friends".

@UKBengali

British leadership has been failing right from UK child rapes, London terror attack and now finally COVID where their PM and health minister got infected. Expected better protection for him.

Their response to COVID was very unusual for a nation with long history of biological warfare

Also, ignoring them will make them continue, countering their narrative and exposing their issues is important

Indian Global news network WION is doing a good job on this.
Another moron. India hasn't tested enough people, hence has a low positive rate. It's a great plan....works a charm.

Complete and utter b.crap. Britain is rallying hard with the social distancing and I believe the new infection rate may have slowed just today according to some experts. Nobody...I repeat nobody in Britain (except obviously the loyal Indian British community - for obvious reasons) thinks Britain needs to take counsel from India regarding this crisis. I think you're lying about your UK based "friends".

@UKBengali

India is a total and utter shambles the way the "lockdown" was implemented.
Modi either not think it through properly and should have given people 72 hours to get back to their homes or simply wanted a stunt to impress the world.

UK seems to have finally slowed the spread of the virus with new patients coming into the NHS constant at 1000 over the last 3 days and the deaths around the 200ish mark. Still need more data to be sure but currently looking encouraging. However we may see the daily death rate going upwards for another 1-2 weeks as there is a lag between measures taken place and for the effects to be seen

Every country is struggling to contain this virus, people are concerned for victims everywhere - but an Indian is the only one who would bring up Nobel prizes at this time. The hubris and self regard is sickening.
@padamchen was being sarcastic about Modi winning Nobel prize

This is actually very heartbreaking. These poor people are trying to make ends meet, struggling for their families and no help from government. Modi Podi didnt think this thru.

Spare the pain for your compatriots too. Ruled by a charming superman, you still have many more cases than India with far less population.
Only means one thing...more tested per population. You're in trouble, just need one infected person to get home to their village. This will spread like fire in India

Only means one thing...more tested per population. You're in trouble, just need one infected person to get home to their village. This will spread like fire in India
This is correct. Pakistan's testing rate per capita is poor but still better than India's ....perhaps because of the ridiculous criteria for testing imposed since day zero by India (only travellers and those in contact with those with a travel history). While other nations have adjusted their testing criteria to match the evolution of the outbreak, India has rigidly maintained that there is no (or perhaps "limited" in the last two days apparently...hooray!) community transmission.

The point is all developed nations are adopting a "low threshold for expansion of testing" policy. You can't really prove community transmission until you start hunting for it with aggressive testing, lowering the testing threshold to include mildly symptomatic health workers etc and anyone still suspicious symptomatically but without the travel history. India rigidly refused to do this, either deliberately or for lack of testing facilities/kits.

Of course it's almost certainly too late now. It's obviously spread high and low and testing aggressively now won't help in isolating networks of spreaders and their contacts specifically in order to attempt to contain the virus by quarantine/regional isolation, because that approach is already out the window.

https://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/h...on-in-india/article31210937.ece?homepage=true

proxy.jpeg

This is a couple of days old but 23,000 tests compared with India's 35,000 around the same day translates to a significantly better test rate per capita.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...dian-doctors-brace-for-tsunami-of-virus-cases

Back
Top Bottom