What's new

Jobaria Defence Monster Artillery

cabatli_53

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
obaria Defense Systems (JDS), based in Abu Dhabi, has developed the Multiple Cradle Launcher (MCL), which is being shown at IDEX for the first time in both the static and in the mobility display.

The complete system consists of an Oshkosh Defense 6x6 Heavy Equipment Transporter (HET) that tows a 10-wheel semi-trailer with four 122mm rocket launchers. The HET is fitted with a protected cab, an air conditioning system and a central tyre inflation system.

Mounted on the semi-trailer are four power operated rocket launchers. Each of these has three pods of 20 122mm launcher tubes.

Prior to launching the rockets, 10 stabilisers are extended by remote control on the semi-trailer, which is provided with an auxiliary power unit that allows the complete system to be run with the HET engine switched off. A computerised fire control system is fitted for increased accuracy and the operator can select one pod of 122mm rockets or a number of pods, depending on the type of target to be engaged. Accuracy is further enhanced by the installation of a global positioning/inertial navigation system, with each rocket launcher cradle being provided with its own inertial navigation unit.

The system can fire Roketsan 122mm TR-122 rockets fitted with a high explosive (HE) warhead activated by a point detonating fuze or Roketsan TRB-122 rockets fitted with HE steel ball warhead activated by a proximity fuze. Maximum range is being quoted as 40km, with a minimum range of 16km.

Once the rockets have been launched, the system would normally redeploy to another position where new pods of rockets would be rapidly loaded using the onboard crane of the dedicated support vehicle.

It is operated by a crew of three commander, navigator and driver and can be operated in an autonomous mode or integrated in an overall higher-level artillery fire control system.

Behemoth with massive firepower - IDEX 2013 | IHS Jane's

The system/launchers/rockets are designed/developed in cooperation with Turkey's Roketsan...

2_2.jpg

3.jpg

dsc_7995.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
UAE is a partner of Roketsan's 300mm Kasirga-G guided artillery rocket system jointly investing/R&D along with Turkey as well.

2m6jrt.jpg

A new Jobaria with 16 300mm guided missiles will also be introduced.

1qukhq.jpg

I am so proud of UAE...:cry:

The most important points raised in the video:

1- It's 6 MRLs in one. The advantage about this vehicle is rather than having 30 crew to operate 6 vehicle, this one requires only 3 people to operate.

2- The Jobaraia is 100% UAE owned company, and this artillery is 100% manufactured in UAE.

3- It carries 240 122mm rockets, with range varies between 16-37 KM, and cover an area up to 2*2KM.

I am so proud of UAE...:cry:

The most important points raised in the video:

1- It's 6 MRLs in one. The advantage about this vehicle is rather than having 30 crew to operate 6 vehicle, this one requires only 3 people to operate.

2- The Jobaraia is 100% UAE owned company, and this artillery is 100% manufactured in UAE.

3- It carries 240 122mm rockets, with range varies between 16-37 KM, and cover an area up to 2*2KM.

With latest tech transfer deals between Turkey and UAE, UAE in Arab league and Middile East became one of the most self sufficient country regarding artillery rocket/missile family(107, 122 and 300mm). I personelly expected to see 300mm Guided K+ missiles Burkan/Roketsan is going to introduce but I suppose Introduction ceremony is delayed for IDEF-2013 to be held in Istanbul in May. After this period, UAE will introduce many different variant of rocket combinations designed/developed by Jobarian defence (Launchers from Al-Jabar, Missiles from Burkan) in accordance with UAE and ally countries requirements.

Hope to see the partnership regarding SAM, Cruise, AA and Anti-Tank missiles between Turkey and UAE... We will see in IDEF-2013. ;)

With latest tech transfer deals between Turkey and UAE, UAE in Arab league and Middile East became one of the most self sufficient country regarding artillery rocket/missile family(107, 122 and 300mm). I personelly expected to see 300mm Guided K+ missiles Burkan/Roketsan is going to introduce but I suppose Introduction ceremony is delayed for IDEF-2013 to be held in Istanbul in May. After this period, UAE will introduce many different variant of rocket combinations designed/developed by Jobarian defence (Launchers from Al-Jabar, Missiles from Burkan) in accordance with UAE and ally countries requirements.

Hope to see the partnership regarding SAM, Cruise and Anti-Tank missiles between Turkey and UAE... We will see in IDEF-2013. ;)

They are taking smart moves, they put 6 MRLs in one to reduce the crew from 30 to only 3, and that's due to the shortage in manpower of UAE nationals.

@nabil_05 what about a similar system for A-100 MRLS,worked out with Turkey, with two launchers instead of four but with 120km range, and greater firepower for Pak Army?

3.jpg

Have you ever imagined the scene When this monster started firing all missiles within minutes ? OMG !!! Think even 3 of them togather...

1 truck: 240 rocket
3 truck: 720 rockets to be fired over enemy's head within minutes. It will equals to the effect of a nuclear bomb :)))

One rocket carries 18,4kg warhead.

720*18,4 explosive warhead: 13248kg explosive :butcher:
Each warhead has a destruction radius around 20m.

3.jpg

Have you ever imagined the scene When this monster started firing all missiles within minutes ? OMG !!! Think even 3 of them togather...

1 truck: 240 rocket
3 truck: 720 rockets to be fired over enemy's head within minutes. It will equals to the effect of a nuclear bomb :)))

It is designed against certain people with certain tactics called "Human waves". Gotta take out as much as you can with as little people as you can. I can see this system making many corpses of any adventurous act :D

@nabil_05 what about a similar system for A-100 MRLS,worked out with Turkey, with two launchers instead of four but with 120km range, and greater firepower for Pak Army?

Bro, If you have some information/source, Please share...

Does any one have any number regarding the accuracy of the rockets? I Googled but did not find anythi

I want to compare it with UAE enemy:
Zelzal 3 (5% of range, 50% confidence): Does not look good, Means 5-15 km error.
zelzal 3 upgraded 200 km, (50 m, 50% confidence)

Does any one have any number regarding the accuracy of the rockets?

I want to compare it with UAE enemy:
Zelzal 3 (5% of range, 50% confidence)
zelzal 3 upgraded 200 km, (50 m, 50% confidence)

Those MRLs are made for sth called "Areal bombardment" where there are a group of enemy gatherings in an area.

@Mosamania
Next time, when Huthies try to play with fire, all you need is to get 20 of those, it's a matter of few hours, and you will never get bothered by them.:devil:

Back
Top Bottom