What's new

JNU should be cleansed, renamed as Subhas Chandra Bose University: Subramanian Swamy

JNU - Jawaharlal Nehry University.

Named after a person, who practically built the current Republic of India. While, he may have made strategic mistakes it is difficult to understand, why the hatred towards him in the current population. His single presence set the path to what we currently have in this country. Disrespecting him, is childish to say the least. Establishing rules which sound mundane today, probably was needed when he took over a new born country. The country has held together because of his vision. Institutions of higher education which we pride ourselves of, were established by him. Industrialisation in a country with the levels of poverty and illiteracy were initiated by him. Let us also not forget, that he provided us with the non aligned push which we use till this day in our foreign policy.

Mr.Bose died for his vision of this country. Is his contribution less? No. But to pitch one against the other is nonsense.

Nehru and Bose were Indian figures. Indian leaders first. They belong neither to the BJP nor Congress nor Communists. They are Indians.

The need is not to 'cleanse' any institution. It is to remove politics from education. It is an academic institution. The facilities, besides the hostel which is a dump, for studies are superb. Their library facilities are probably the best in the country.

From a neutral perspective, what is the problem? You have an institution, which has always been to the left of politics and has produced some of the best left leaders of this country. And now, you have in power at the Centre a government which is right of centre. Traditionally, as a country we have been left leaning. Slowly and steadily over the past 20 years the politics of the right is getting stronger. In this scenario, it was only a matter of time before the politics permeates into all institutions. Universities are not insular to changes in society.

This is what we see in the current scenario. The need is to stop active politics from universities. Students are sponsored and subsidised by the State. To study. To do research. Not to indulge in politics.

Students are sponsored and subsidised by the State. To study. To do research. Not to indulge in politics.

but to study what??

the first intention of education is to liberate oneself from social oppression and shackles and agitate to replicate that liberation in the wider society, and that is what the jnu progressives are doing.

and there cannot be a separate social body called "studious students", in the manner of monks, who separate themselves from the goings-on in the society and the world that surrounds them... in fact they as members gaining education must be the first ones to form the forefront of revolutionary change in a society whose traditional and visible structures are rotten.

lastly, in a enlightened society every citizen must be expected to participate in the political maintainance of the society... this is direct-democracy, true democracy.

if the above is not done, then like most of the engineering "graduates" and all the mba's of india, they will turn out to be wage-slaves who only add to india's population but don't contribute intellectually and technologically to humanity but most times harm india and the world.

but to study what??

the first intention of education is to liberate oneself from social oppression and shackles, and then agitate to replicate that liberation in the wider society, and that is what the jnu progressives are doing.

and there cannot be a separate social body called "studious students", in the manner of monks, who separate themselves from the goings-on in the society and the world that surrounds them... in fact they as members gaining education must be the first ones to form the forefront of revolutionary change in a society whose traditional and visible structures are rotten.

lastly, in a enlightened society every citizen must be expected to participate in the political maintainance of the society... this is direct-democracy, true democracy.

You may call JNU progressives. Someone else may call them stuck in time. For example, if I say that the left is rotten and its views are traditional, that is my point of view. A uniform enlightened society simply cannot exist. Because, your version of 'enlightened' will be different from some one else version of 'enlightened'. Differing points of view will exist. And they should be allowed to exist. That is democracy.

Students will have points of view. They are entitled to them. They can even run off and form opinions on what is happening. They have debates. They publish those debates. Every revolution this world has seen has been with blood. Killing of innocents on the name of some revolution. Revolution is nothing but regime change with brutality.

What we need from our educational institutes are research outputs and academic excellence. This can be created in an environment free from the politics of left or right or centre. This of course, is my point of view.

He was a bhagora and my people from NWFP/KpK helped him in running out of subcontinent.

We are talking about facts. Changing JNU name just because BJP affiliates hate Congress it is a shame.
Why are you so concerned about what we name or rename or change? is it your country? or you fear something?
Your father of nation jinnah wanted Partition based on religion.So what exactly dont you like here?

He was a bhagora and my people from NWFP/KpK helped him in running out of subcontinent

He could have remained in house arrest and later seek power through political games like other politicians of that era, rather he escaped from the British arrest only to come back and fight a war against the British for the freedom of India. Now...that doesn't make him a 'bhagora'....then what makes him a 'bhagora' in a Pakistani internet forum?.....Oh right...he was a Hindu!!!

Yeah, renaming it after a Nazi will certainly get India the attention it really needs right now.

America and Britain were allies of USSR in WW2, that makes these countries commies, right? Lack of knowledge is not a justification for posting nonsense.

He could have remained in house arrest and later seek power through political games like other politicians of that era, rather he escaped from the British arrest only to come back and fight a war against the British for the freedom of India. Now...that doesn't make him a 'bhagora'....then what makes him a 'bhagora' in a Pakistani internet forum?.....Oh right...he was a Hindu!!!

America and Britain were allies of USSR in WW2, that makes these countries commies, right? Lack of knowledge is not a justification for posting nonsense.

Gandhi was also a Hindu but many Pakistanis really respect him including me.

Bhagat Singh is still praised and celebrated so kindly keep your religious complex to yourself.

My point was the same changing JNU name just because of religious clash is stupid to core.

Gandhi was also a Hindu but many Pakistanis really respect him including me.

Bhagat Singh is still praised and celebrated so kindly keep your religious complex to yourself.

My point was the same changing JNU name just because of religious clash is stupid to core.

I remember some threads on Bhagat Singh where most Pakistanis were calling him names...so don't tell me how he is praised and celebrated in Pakistan...

Back
Top Bottom