What's new

Jharkhand pacer Aaron arrives with a bang

luckyyy

Reaction score
It was a much awaited but delayed debut. A career that seemed to be going nowhere for a while but unfolded like a dream at the venue of India's historic World Cup triumph.

Jharkhand speedster Varun Aaron, who was a passenger throughout the ODI series in England and was staring at the same fate here before getting an opportunity due to an injury to Umesh Yadav, ended with superb figures of 6.1-1-24-3 in the fourth One-dayer against England here Sunday.
Aaron, considered among the fastest bowlers in India, got the ball in his hand for the first time in the 11th over after the end of the mandatory first power-play. His first ball touched 140.1 kmph, was on a good length just outside the off-stump and left alone by Kevin Pietersen.

The start, however, did not give an indication of what was to come as Aaron, who will turn 22 on Saturday, began steadily working up good pace and stayed between the 135-145 kmph mark.

He got the tail enders. Has a long way to go.

Just see the past trend... we do need someone to wrap up the tail-enders... Aaron has done that... but agree with you that he need to improve a lot... his balls were hardly moving or swinging... long way to go...

Its heart warmin to imagine that the following could be playing in the same team in future---

1. Ishant sharma( >145)
2. Umesh Yadav(>145)
3. Varun aaron( > 145)
4. Zaheer Khan( MASTER,pace doesnt really matters)
This decade might just belong to fast bowlers from India.

Its heart warmin to imagine that the following could be playing in the same team in future---

1. Ishant sharma( >145)
2. Umesh Yadav(>145)
3. Varun aaron( > 145)

I am still worried about Zaheer Khan's fitness , since without him Indian Bowling attack can look listless as was shown in the Worldcup

1. Ishant sharma( >145)
2. Umesh Yadav(>145)
3. Varun aaron( > 145)
ishant has no chance of coming back , too much operunities given to him..
zaheer is already 33..

future is with varun and umesh..

ishant has no chance of coming back , too much operunities given to him..
zaheer is already 33..

future is with varun and umesh..
I disagree...Indian fast bowlers tend to be really fragile and injury prone. What I see (as an optimist) is a pool of fast bowlers allowing India to pick and choose and this list definitely includes Ishant Sharma. Frankly, for Indian cricket this is unprecedented and it'll be interesting to see how the selectors handle this. As a fan, I love it!

what I would prefer as on date is ZaK as the role of the master and the mentor, ably supported by Praveen Kumar.. that chap has no speed, but he's the smartest bowler India has ever seen... he is a chess player playing cricket!!!:azn:

and for the third spot,as on date, there's no doubt.. has to be varun aaron.... with ZaK and Praveen kumar as his guides, he'll go a long long way...

RP Singh, sreesanth, vinay kumar, abhimanyu mithun, ishant sharma etc are just fillers.... we need one more good fast bowler, and umesh yadav may fill the gap, if he manages to control his length and line...

one last guy who can make a comeback if he comes back to his first 2-years form is Irfan pathan... and he's a very handy batsman too..

I didn't want to put munaf's name anywhere... bcoz a bowler needs to stand in the field for remaining 40 overs.. and where will u hide munaf for FORTY overs??? moreover he doesn't know how to hold a bat!!! in onedays thats a strict no-no... u can be a pure bowler only if u r a lasith slinga-malinga!!!!:)

I disagree...Indian fast bowlers tend to be really fragile and injury prone. What I see (as an optimist) is a pool of fast bowlers allowing India to pick and choose and this list definitely includes Ishant Sharma. Frankly, for Indian cricket this is unprecedented and it'll be interesting to see how the selectors handle this. As a fan, I love it!

other then that one spell against ricky pointing , has ishant ever impresseed again...

other then that one spell against ricky pointing , has ishant ever impresseed again...

impression is not the key to succeed... he do impress but unable to take wickets... thus useless impression... even if varun aaron impress a lot with speed and swing but unable to take wickets... he can't sustain... wickets and contribution in team is the key for bowlers...

it is very early to say about his future plus he taken wickets of tailender and many indian came as fast bowler but changed into medium fast bowler

Judging a fast bowler with just 6.1 exp. of international cricket overs is premature. However Varun and Umesh both are very good future prospects. Only thing is they need to be handled carefully by BCCI bosses.

I think there has never been shortage of raw talent in fast bowling department. Indian cricket's administrative mechanism has always inherited weaknesses in following areas.

1) Hunting and spotting for talent from every corner of the country (I think Indian tribal belts are full of fast bowling talent)
2) Not giving proper opportunity based on shear talent and keeping the player motivated, by scrapping regional quota system.
3) Careful planning in selecting the fast bowlers so that they can maintain fitness and form.
4) Giving proper guidance on how to keep their body fit in the long run.
5) Last but not the least is mentoring the players to keep them focused on their game to save them from the distraction of instant money/fame and keep them hungry for success.

I hope lessons were learnt from recent tour to England necessary steps are taken to make Indian fast bowling department one of the strongest in the world.

Back
Top Bottom