008aq8oQgy1gjukmxbgu9j31900u0e88.jpg
008aq8oQgy1gjukmsjabej31900u07wi.jpg
008aq8oQgy1gjukmt26dhj31hc0u0qv5.jpg
008aq8oQgy1gjukmulceyj31hc0u01ky.jpg
008aq8oQgy1gjukmwpjy2j31900u01l2.jpg
008aq8oQgy1gjukmyg4rsj31900u04qw.jpg
008aq8oQgy1gjukmyjlcaj31900u0b2d.jpg

Via @东部战区 from Weibo

In my opinion China should have never stopped working on this beast. They should come up with JH-7 B and and may be even JH-7 C or some semi stealth version of JH-7. This could be not only great for China but also for export to many countries in Africa and may be even South America who want to good bomber jet.

Last edited:
In my opinion China should have never stopped working on this beast. They should come up with JH-7 B and and may be even JH-7 C or some semi stealth version of JH-7. This could be not only great for China but also for export to many countries in African and may be even South America who want to good bomber jet.
In my opinion you and Pakistan should respect China; because we decide what to do and what NOT to do especially regarding Pakistan.

In my opinion China should have never stopped working on this beast. They should come up with JH-7 B and and may be even JH-7 C or some semi stealth version of JH-7. This could be not only great for China but also for export to many countries in African and may be even South America who want to good bomber jet.
Actually I think it's good idea since we cannot export heavy flanker of our J-16.

Iran and Pakistan are good candidate for JH-7B. Pakistan not able to bought flanker from Russia and China while Iran would prefer a update twin engine long range multi role jet to replace old F-4 and F-14. I heard rumours Iran nearly bought the J-8F but due to some technical issue and over promise. The deal was last min call off.

Iran is Interested in Russian Su-30 but they are not impressed with its avionics.

In my opinion you and Pakistan should respect China; because we decide what to do and what NOT to do especially regarding Pakistan.

Quite unusually, but here I fully agree with you. Unlike these typical fan-boy-posts claiming "we can get anything from China", "we get it for free", "China must give us this and that" it is quite to the contrary, that ONLY CHINA decides what to sell and to deliver under what conditions.
Actually I think it's good idea since we cannot export heavy flanker of our J-16.

Iran and Pakistan are good candidate for JH-7B. Pakistan not able to bought flanker from Russia and China while Iran would prefer a update twin engine long range multi role jet to replace old F-4 and F-14. I heard rumours Iran nearly bought the J-8F but due to some technical issue and over promise. The deal was last min call off.

Yes, but once again ... there si no JH-7B. There have been at best a few prototypes and as it seems, the project was abondoned in favour of the J-16.

As such either any potential customer must get an old and dated type after being retired from PLAAF service and then pay for an as yet unspecified MLU or take them as they are IF China agrees to sell them.

Yes, but once again ... there si no JH-7B. There have been at best a few prototypes and as it seems, the project was abondoned in favour of the J-16.

As such either any potential customer must get an old and dated type after being retired from PLAAF service and then pay for an as yet unspecified MLU or take them as they are IF China agrees to sell them.

It's quite short sighted from China becos twin engine long range multi role combat jets are still in demand from certain countries not able to get from NATO or not interested in Russian hardware.

Flanker is quite expensive to operate and JH-7B can be significantly make to meet the demand of 4th gen long range combat jet with lesser maintenance fee.

It's quite short sighted from China becos twin engine long range multi role combat jets are still in demand from certain countries not able to get from NATO or not interested in Russian hardware.

Flanker is quite expensive to operate and JH-7B can be significantly make to meet the demand of 4th gen long range combat jet with lesser maintenance fee.

I agree with you it could be an interesting option, but from all my understanding it does not follow this path ... and every year that now passes by with diminish the chance of sales since these old striker are getting older and older.

Back
Top Bottom