What's new

JF17's in Shelter

jf 17 is good no doubt it can easily have a kill on any 2 and 3 generation fighter jet but not on 4 and 5 gen fighter jets

jf 17 is good no doubt it can easily have a kill on any 2 and 3 generation fighter jet but not on 4 and 5 gen fighter jets

With more upgrades coming up for the JF17, it will most definitely be able to take on atleast 4th generation fighter jets, I'd say 5th generation aswell.
As the JF17 develops, it will be equipped with better gadgets, so we don't have to worry that much, the JF17 is a multi role fighter, i'm sure it will be an excellent asset for our airforce! :tup:

Really, how true:disagree: Dude its better if you increase your level of knowledge rather then posting BS and that too based on your personal opinion.

JF-17 is designed to replace old fleet of A-5,F-7P and Mirages.

So in that context, it is designed to counter indian Mig-21, Mig-23,Mig-27,jaguar, and somehow mig-29 and mirage 2k (When jf-17 will be equipeed with western avionics).

But if equipped with some gud western powerplant and improved radar, it can surely counter Su-30.

But it all depends on specs of batch 2 of JF-17 :pakistan::china:

JF-17 is designed to replace old fleet of A-5,F-7P and Mirages.

So in that context, it is designed to counter indian Mig-21, Mig-23,Mig-27,jaguar, and somehow mig-29 and mirage 2k (When jf-17 will be equipeed with western avionics).

But if equipped with some gud western powerplant and improved radar, it can surely counter Su-30.

But it all depends on specs of batch 2 of JF-17 :pakistan::china:

It doesnt matter what jets the JF is replacing for as starters, JF-17 even during the initial stages was as capable as an F-16 block 15 and unless F-16 is considered as a 3rd generation platform, i dont see how is it related with the migs and that too the migs 21 and 23s. JF-17 from that time even with the chinese avonics have come a long way, the KLJ radar as mentioned by the ACM himself is better then the APG-66. JF-17 is a BVR capable jet and under the umbrella of an AWAC, it can take out the MKIs, not to forget RCS factor when engaging in an air to air combact. JF-17 in an defensive environment will definately have an edge over any Indian counterpart, be it the MKIs. This has been debated numerous times on this very forum.
As far as the second batch is concerned, it will be into a whole new league of fighters specially interms of its payload capability and western avionics specially if we are able o find an AESA radar small enough to be fitted into the nose of the JF-17.

My question is that with Chinese avionics and radar on current jf17, can it take care of mig 29 without help of awacs etc.

^^In defensive role; yes it can.
What advantage does present Pakistani F-16's have over JF-17 with Chinese weapons, avionics and Radar? Only difference is experience in flying!
DOn't forget Pakistani F-16 got a lock on intruding indian MKI in about 5 minutes.

What advantage does present Pakistani F-16's have over JF-17 with Chinese weapons, avionics and Radar? Only difference is experience in flying!
DOn't forget Pakistani F-16 got a lock on intruding indian MKI in about 5 minutes.

hounrable dear BATMAN;sir
would you like to inform me, that is currntly PAF is using ! PL-12, or not?
as it is the most wanted weapon, in my view .
thanks , have a very great new year!:cheers:

hounrable dear BATMAN;sir
would you like to inform me, that is currntly PAF is using ! PL-12, or not?
as it is the most wanted weapon, in my view .
thanks , have a very great new year!:cheers:

Hello and cheers to you also..
Dear all my information is based on unclassified learning over this forum and www.
We know that JF-17 would be able to use PL-12, which we are set to induct early this year.
For western fighters PAF have AIM-120 so if we talk about present situation than I believe it is only AIM-120, best I can guess.
BTW, thanks for the kind compliments.

Some links for your ready reference:
http://jf-17.com/weapons.htm
http://www.centurychina.com/cgi-bin...=33635373334343&zu=33363537323230&v=2&gV=1&p=

Hello and cheers to you also..
Dear all my information is based on unclassified learning over this forum and www.
We know that JF-17 would be able to use PL-12, which we are set to induct early this year.
For western fighters PAF have AIM-120 so if we talk about present situation than I believe it is only AIM-120, best I can guess.
BTW, thanks for the kind compliments.

Some links for your ready reference:
JF-17.com : Weapons
JDW: China SD-10 Missile Technology (maybe better than U.S. AIM-120 missile )

BATMAN;great sir
i am hounred to be under in the command , seinores like you!
dear sir, i know about pl-12, & its capabilities, i just wanted to confirmed that info, with you, i have a friend in PAF , & he is a aero-notical enginer , he told me that , yes PAF aleady got the pl-12's but in few numbers, but i cant disclosed , more than that here!
as you are one of the wisest souls here!;):smitten:

I think (read at several places) that F-16 can carry more weapons that JF-17.

yes but that MKI wasn't here for a fight but just an indian attempt to show off to its public. With its superior radars it would have detected our F-16 too, no? besides, in a war it won't be coming like that but in many numbers.

Back
Top Bottom