What's new

JF17 will be equal to F16 after upgrades

its witty when the millions and the billions get confused.

JF17 is not competing with F16 or TEJAS, it is being raised to meet PAF's operational requirement in various OPS roles. I find it ridiculous that people use paradigms such as "better than" or "not as good as" for a technical machine. This is not objective assessment, rather load of crock.

However, few innovations of JF17 Block III will pitch it beyond your typical F16, most of which have been discussed/speculated online.

If you are expecting knowledge about a fighter Jet then please do not take interviews from politicians only professionals can tell you the truth
F-16 is best multi roll fighter jet and JF-17 will never compete F-16 unless until JF-17 get air to air refill and AESA radar

Any body tell me............. What's going on here?
KC135 boom refiling PAF F16??? o_O

PAF F16 are air to air refueling capable? Via boom refuel......? @Quwa @Windjammer

PAF to Refuel it F16 Fighter Jets in Air (1) (1).jpg

Last edited:

JF17 is not competing with F16 or TEJAS, it is being raised to meet PAF's operational requirement in various OPS roles. I find it ridiculous that people use paradigms such as "better than" or "not as good as" for a technical machine. This is not objective assessment, rather load of crock.

However, few innovations of JF17 Block III will pitch it beyond your typical F16, most of which have been discussed/speculated online.
It can shoot down tejas:guns::guns::guns: ..........But not the f16:fie::fie::fie::fie:

If you are expecting knowledge about a fighter Jet then please do not take interviews from politicians only professionals can tell you the truth
F-16 is best multi roll fighter jet and JF-17 will never compete F-16 unless until JF-17 get air to air refill and AESA radar
Dude thunder III is coming with Air Refuling capability......!!!!!!!

Here is a post of @Taimoor Khan regarding the performance of JF-17.

OK. here are the results of the "UNOFFICAL" DACT with F15s.

With all due, with humble heart and with great respect to our Saudi bros, their F-15s were absolutely ripped apart by JF17s in air combats.

But here is the interesting part, for some unknown reasons, Americans brought their own F-15s against our boys. As my source put it, they were made to "bleed" and "sweat".

I am actually eagerly waiting for the JF-17 block 3. If the current block can do what it did to the American top tier air superiority Jet which is f-15, I wonder what the block 3 would be like!!

I believe the F16 purchase are just the stop gap measures to provide ground support and precision day/night bombing till the block 3 becomes fully operational.

Source: Saudi Arabia seeks Pakistan's cooperation for NATO-like military alliance | Page 9

Here is a post of @Taimoor Khan regarding the performance of JF-17.

OK. here are the results of the "UNOFFICAL" DACT with F15s.

With all due, with humble heart and with great respect to our Saudi bros, their F-15s were absolutely ripped apart by JF17s in air combats.

But here is the interesting part, for some unknown reasons, Americans brought their own F-15s against our boys. As my source put it, they were made to "bleed" and "sweat".

I am actually eagerly waiting for the JF-17 block 3. If the current block can do what it did to the American top tier air superiority Jet which is f-15, I wonder what the block 3 would be like!!

I believe the F16 purchase are just the stop gap measures to provide ground support and precision day/night bombing till the block 3 becomes fully operational.

Source: Saudi Arabia seeks Pakistan's cooperation for NATO-like military alliance | Page 9

I will take with rock of salt. why?

1 - we do not know the schenario
2 - was it BVR/ WVR or bombing engagement.
3 - was it 1:3; 1:1; or 2:6 do not know

we do not know the scenario

nevertheless, one fine line that JFT can stands up to the latest F-15's

No it won't. No it won't. No it won't. No it won't. No it won't. No it won't.No it won't. No it won't. No it won't. No it won't.

And if it is going to be equal to F-16 please give PAF a shout. Cancel buying anymore F-16s as that is waste of money.

Yes it will.
Once both planes are scrapped, there will be no big difference.
Before that, it is questionable.

I will take with rock of salt. why?

1 - we do not know the schenario
2 - was it BVR/ WVR or bombing engagement.
3 - was it 1:3; 1:1; or 2:6 do not know

we do not know the scenario

nevertheless, one fine line that JFT can stands up to the latest F-15's

Its not coming from a friend whos uncle know someone who happen to be a cleaner in kamra who knows a pilot who flies JF17s. It is coming from someone who has been involved with JF-17 project for more then a decade.

Rest assured, F15 was put in its place, both the Saudis and Americans. I am not sure why they were not pitted against Eurofighter , but I guess it was already put in place by our block 15 F-16s way back few years ago when they came face to face with RAF.

Enjoy some pics.

IMG-20160314-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20160314-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20160314-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20160314-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20160314-WA0007.jpg

Hi,

It is a function of engineering technology that any one machine---by default is compared to other machines to set the standards and differences amongst them---for the reason that they are DESTINED to come across each other over a period of time to show their abilities and capabilities and to down the other in actual combat.

Equal to F16 A or B or what??

Hi,

Seems like you missed the whole thread----. It will be better than the BLK52.

Block III will have these things

Rest assured, F15 was put in its place, both the Saudis and Americans. I am not sure why they were not pitted against Eurofighter

Are you impying Thunder prevailed over F-15s and on top suggesting that it could pass muster with Eurofighter?

Are you impying Thunder prevailed over F-15s and on top suggesting that it could pass muster with Eurofighter?

Well, our Saudi brothers were embarrassed and Americans were made to sweat, in their respective F15s. Dont think there was a DACT with Eurofighter but I will double check. What I was refering to was an incident few years back where the RAF eurofighters were embarrassed by our vintage and non upgraded block15 F-16s, I believe it was anatolian Eagle in turkey.

What rubbish. JF-17 is a good aircraft but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

If JF-17 will equal F-16 after upgrades, why is the government buying more 16s as we speak?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom