What's new

JF17 will be equal to F16 after upgrades

Firstly, Pakistan isn't really paying much from its own pocket for the F-16s. The money is coming through past and future FMF and nothing else, local funds are going towards JF-17 and other programs.

Second, the JF-17 Block-III would possess a number of technological capabilities that will put it ahead of the PAF's Block-52+/MLU in some key respects. For example, the AESA radar would give the JF-17 enhanced resistence to EW, and HMD/S with HOBS AAM isn't something our F-16s would have (unless we get AIM-9X). It might not fully compete in terms of range and payload, but in terms of core technology, there's no reason why it couldn't be as good if not better than the F-16 Block-52+.
And what about MARTIN BEAKER PILOT EJECTION SEATS.......??????

No it won't. No it won't. No it won't. No it won't. No it won't. No it won't.No it won't. No it won't. No it won't. No it won't.

And if it is going to be equal to F-16 please give PAF a shout. Cancel buying anymore F-16s as that is waste of money.

Pakistan's enemy is not getting weaker neither we have enough F-16s to pitch them for every situation. Enemy is preparing for a two-front war and should we not be ready to take our enemy in a one front war? Upgrading JF-17s and other resources we have is only logical and more of a need than fancy designs.

I know your reasons of saying "it will not" and the condition in which "it will not" is the one where an alternate platform (F-16) has filled the gap - which the alternate platform has not. So the defensive and offensive strategy demands JF-17s to be better, more capable and potent to face its challenges.

since when rana tanveer became an expert in aviation?does he really care about the progress of the armed forces or pakistan? JFT will take may be 10 more years to become equivalent to falcon. But it is a good air craft and need of the PAF but still PAF needs F-16s or more advanced air crafts. PAF is not using JFT in active operations . They use falcons everywhere in FATA. which LGB and targeting pod is carried by the JFT currently? The rate at which PAF uses F-16s in FATA makes me wonder that whether the rest of the PAF fleet (including JFT in present version) is simply not potent enough to beat the TTP precisely. F-16 is the workhorse of the PAF. with upto 12 MK 82 500lbs and ability to drop even the unguided ones precisely over the targets makes it the best A to G fighter in the region. it,s A to A capabilites are also beyond any doubt. so all those who say that it is unwise to go for more F-16 should get their facts straight. it is the need of the PAF. a combination of JFT+ F-16 and any 5th gen fighter in next 5 yrs will be the ideal combination for the PAF in my opinion.

he meant to say any substitute fro them or further blocks will use the same.
Martin baker is the leading manufacturing company in ejection seat tech. Why would you go anywhere else?

Rana sb bhi lumbhi chorty hain.
Here in this statement, JF will be upgraded to which variant of 16 ?
I think he doesn't have clue about F-16 variations either, and that's condition of every minister's knowledge about the department he's heading.

Here in this statement, JF will be upgraded to which variant of 16 ?
I think he doesn't have clue about F-16 either.
My take as well. Not to mention that the JF-17 is tasked by PAF for different purposes than the F-16.

My take as well. Not to mention that the JF-17 is tasked by PAF for different purposes than the F-16.
I also think the PAF will begin upgrading the Block-52s in the 2020s. If loaded up with a modern Northrop Grumman AESA radar, new Lockheed Martin pods, next-gen EW/ECM, and - hopefully - AIM-9X and AIM-120D. Factor in new on-board avionics along with the Block-52's range and payload advantages, and you have a hell of a fighter.

Facepalm. Sometimes i think we should start our own newspaper to deal with these dumbwits.
I wonder if the dear minister has any professionally technical background let alone military aviation.

Facepalm. Sometimes i think we should start our own newspaper to deal with these dumbwits.
News paper is a good idea...

At the present time a high resolution camera would be ideal to cover the 23rd March parade. The media cell for MODP should take the responsibility.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ..OK am serious ...ha ha ha ha
OK now people compare a piece of metal with a 4th gen fighter aircraft
u said like after modifications of Honda city car is equal to Bugatti veyron
u just upgrade jf-17 to air-to-air refuelling capability,
improved avionics, enhanced load carrying capacity,
data link, and electronic warfare capabilities. [& what about the body ,engine , RAM Coting ?????
hmm hmm
lol what you want a " lightweight, single-engine, multi-role combat aircraft " with under 20 million price limitations ???

Firstly, Pakistan isn't really paying much from its own pocket for the F-16s. The money is coming through past and future FMF and nothing else, local funds are going towards JF-17 and other programs.

Second, the JF-17 Block-III would possess a number of technological capabilities that will put it ahead of the PAF's Block-52+/MLU in some key respects. For example, the AESA radar would give the JF-17 enhanced resistence to EW, and HMD/S with HOBS AAM isn't something our F-16s would have (unless we get AIM-9X). It might not fully compete in terms of range and payload, but in terms of core technology, there's no reason why it couldn't be as good if not better than the F-16 Block-52+.
You forget to mention IRST which will give ability to JFT for passive tracking........., and IFR probe which will give JFT in-flight refueling capability via Il78 Tankers .........
These two are also very important parameters which our Blk52 lacks. ....... .:coffee:.....

Back
Top Bottom