What's new

JF17 versus MKI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel thse scenarios cant be properly analysed bcoz we cant measure the pilot/human factor in.

I feel thse scenarios cant be properly analysed bcoz we cant measure the pilot/human factor in.

and the only way we can analyse the pilot factor is if these two jets actually participate against each other.

typical crap answer. So all those experts that are busy with these comparisations are stupid? Man, typical Indian to brag about their goodies but when comparing they just cannot hide their incapabilities to communicate...

typical crap answer. So all those experts that are busy with these comparisations are stupid? Man, typical Indian to brag about their goodies but when comparing they just cannot hide their incapabilities to communicate...
How many experts are there on PFF Munir? Surely you weren't recommending yourself.

Everytime the MKI vs JF-17/F-16 question comes up its a common a (very valid) point put forward by Pakistani posters is that there are several other factors like the conditions of engagement, performance of the R-77, presence of AWACS that have to be accounted for. But, when an Indian places forward that point, you try to belittle it.

If you still want to give it a try here's the scene: Su-30MKI spots the JF-17 first. Two MKI's turns of their radars and move up close getting the target coordinates from the others. They turn on their radars and launch just outside the Thunder's engagement range. Thunders attempt to evasive measures and don't launch the SD-10s(the SD-10 requires mid-course updates which you can't give if you're weaving all over the sky dodging the R-77s). The MKI's launch a second and third salvo in ten second intervals after firing the first one. Second salvo kills two JF-17s, third one finishes it. If not then the combat goes in WVR in which the MKI's have the advantage of thrust vectoring and better agility.

How many experts are there on PFF Munir? Surely you weren't recommending yourself.

Everytime the MKI vs JF-17/F-16 question comes up its a common a (very valid) point put forward by Pakistani posters is that there are several other factors like the conditions of engagement, performance of the R-77, presence of AWACS that have to be accounted for. But, when an Indian places forward that point, you try to belittle it. If not then the combat goes in WVR in which the MKI's have the advantage of thrust vectoring and better agility.

If you still want to give it a try here's the scene: Su-30MKI spots the JF-17 first. Two MKI's turns of their radars and move up close getting the target coordinates from the others. They turn on their radars and launch just outside the Thunder's engagement range. Thunders attempt to evasive measures and don't launch the SD-10s(the SD-10 requires mid-course updates which you can't give if you're weaving all over the sky dodging the R-77s). The MKI's launch a second and third salvo in ten second intervals after firing the first one. Second salvo kills two JF-17s, third one finishes it.

You now can use the ID of an expert...

p.s. it is not a huge important point to turn radar off and not to get noticed. Dushhh, we are talking about huge RCS a la MKI and not F22 that has stealth features... Amazing how realistic some Indians are. And how sure are you about firing first and without turning radar on and get noticed? So SD10 is inferior? And how come that ths JF17 with radar on will not notice the MKI before it fires BVR?

p.s.2 requiring mid-course update? Since when is that requiring?

it is not a huge important point to turn radar off and not to get noticed.
The radar emissions from an aircraft give away its position. That's the advantage of an AESA. Its scans beams at nearly the speed of light. Its radar emissions cannot be tracked at extended ranges.

Dushhh, we are talking about huge RCS a la MKI and not F22 that has stealth features... Amazing how realistic some Indians are.
It is the structure of the aircraft that is the primary factor deciding the RCS not the size. Or else the LCA would be semi-stealth. The Su-30's has a RCS of about 4m^2. The JF-17 can be assumed to have a RCS of 3m^2. Its not an elephant&ant difference.

And how sure are you about firing first and without turning radar on and get noticed?
Read my post again. I said the forward MKI's will turn on their radars outside the thunders engagement envelope. The radar on the flanker is much much superior to the Grifo. It will lock first fire first.

So SD10 is inferior?
From which part of my post did you infer that?

And how come that ths JF17 with radar on will not notice the MKI before it fires BVR?
Because the Grifo S7 is nothing to crow about.

p.s.2 requiring mid-course update? Since when is that requiring?
How can you expect the missile to track a target 40 kms away? A fighter aircraft has a powerful and bulky radar on the nose. How can you expect a missile to have similar range with a nose the size of a croquet ball.

I have read a lot on this thread. IMO the debate is point less. Su 30 MK1 is, at least on paper, half a generation ahead of the JF17 which the PAF describes as a 'Medium Technology" fighter.

However, JF 17 is a lot more advanced than the aging PAF fighters, thats why PAF needs it. Naturally in the hands of an expert pilot and under the right circumstances it will be a match for Mk1. Despite being a Pakistani, I have no hesitation in admitting that all things being equal MK1 is a superior aircrfat and likely to win a straight one to one contest.

Who the **** are these experts that you referring to???

I have read a lot on this thread. IMO the debate is point less. Su 30 MK1 is, at least on paper, half a generation ahead of the JF17 which the PAF describes as a 'Medium Technology" fighter.

However, JF 17 is a lot more advanced than the aging PAF fighters, thats why PAF needs it. Naturally in the hands of an expert pilot and under the right circumstances it will be a match for Mk1. Despite being a Pakistani, I have no hesitation in admitting that all things being equal MK1 is a superior aircrfat and likely to win a straight one to one contest.

Very well said, i think this ends up all the converstaion and debate about comparing thunder with MKI.:tup:

Sure... And according Indians LCA can beat anything. If I am not good enough then I wonder what can be said about all those colleagues of mine which studied areonautics on the same university... Please...

Very well. Thank you guys for discussing this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom