JF17 versus MKI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munir

REST IN PEACE
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I often read on several forums that MKI is superior to almost anything. Let us debate on that. Let us focus on Pak-India arena where we neglect all parameters except:

IAF: 4 MKI ground attack configuration (Kamra nuclear station + runway airfield) and they have 4 MKI fully air2air (mainly BVR) configuration. Above Dilli there is a AWACS (yep the Israeli version).

PAF: 4 JF17 o CAP with 2 BVR and 2 WVR missiles. 4 JF17 (4 bvr each) waiting to get scramble orders if planes do cross border. There is Erieye active above the airfield that looks 350 kilometer into Indian territory.

I don't think they will fly at 50 meters or mach 2 with ground stores so please realistic scenario of 4 ground attack + 4 a2a against 8 CAP. No SAMS/MANPADS/GROUND radars etc.

So ceterus patribus... What is the chance that MKI will have mission completed (=ground targets destroyed).

Munir said:
I often read on several forums that MKI is superior to almost anything. Let us debate on that. Let us focus on Pak-India arena where we neglect all parameters except:

IAF: 4 MKI ground attack configuration (Kamra nuclear station + runway airfield) and they have 4 MKI fully air2air (mainly BVR) configuration. Above Dilli there is a AWACS (yep the Israeli version).

PAF: 4 JF17 o CAP with 2 BVR and 2 WVR missiles. 4 JF17 (4 bvr each) waiting to get scramble orders if planes do cross border. There is Erieye active above the airfield that looks 350 kilometer into Indian territory.

I don't think they will fly at 50 meters or mach 2 with ground stores so please realistic scenario of 4 ground attack + 4 a2a against 8 CAP. No SAMS/MANPADS/GROUND radars etc.

So ceterus patribus... What is the chance that MKI will have mission completed (=ground targets destroyed).

First Pakistan is not only going to scramble Thunders but their F-16's as well. It all depends from which part of Pak-India border they cross the control line or enter into Pakistan airspace.

Phalcon will direct them against the potential retaliation from Pakistan, how to overcome that. Why would you think pakistan wont use any SAM's or hand held anza.

With 4 MKI's it is impossible that they will succeed. They atleast need a whole squadron, which will provide cover:sniper: to those 4MKI's to perform ground attack.

j-10 would work fine with su-30MKI.... it has been tested many times by PLA....

we will use F10 and F16s against MKI, not thunder!. it will be used for the rest of IAF Jets.:bat:

The ground attack MKi's would be have nothing to defend themselves if theres a T-darter or SD-10 approaching.

Its mainly 8 thunder against 4 mki's, the MKI's are intruding pakistan which would give pakistan the advantage of ground control radars. We'll also have superior data-link.

Do not forget that the jf-17 has pretty advanced ecm

The mki is way to much overhyped about, 1 eurofighter would do the job against 5 mki's all at once

Ceterus paribus means that all other variable are not having impact and we neglect them in this comparisation. Don't start adding new variables but comment how the MKI's will do against JF17.

Thanks.

Let me give some hints. JF17's in the air will turn off radar and sneak up to fire BVR. All will attack the ground attack configurated MKI's. When targets are safe the mission is safe. 4 other will scrambled to fly head on BVR... Starting BVR and going into WVR arena. Heavy MKI's don't have that much chance against light agile fighter. They will not waste fuel or energy. If those MKI's are gone there is little chance others will stay and fight a terrible WVR battle with smaller planes that will get more and more support. But then again... I am not in charge...

Owais said:
we will use F10 and F16s against MKI, not thunder!. it will be used for the rest of IAF Jets.:bat:
Imho the JF-17 will have a CS role to compliment the J-10 or F-16 versus the MKI.

All of you seem to deny what Musharraf claimed in an interview that thunder has better avionics than Falcons in PAF inventory. If musharraf is right than naturally one should pitch thunders against Sukhoi.

The F16 in PAF service is one of the oldest still operational around the globe. No bvr, old avionics... No wonder that new planes are better then that. Just compare the two planes... Jf17 and MKI... 1v1... What will be the outcome with BVR and what with WVR...?

Munir said:
The F16 in PAF service is one of the oldest still operational around the globe. No bvr, old avionics... No wonder that new planes are better then that. Just compare the two planes... Jf17 and MKI... 1v1... What will be the outcome with BVR and what with WVR...?

Munir you would be the last person that I think would make a VS thread:woot:

Guess I was proved wrong :buck:

Kaiser said:
The ground attack MKi's would be have nothing to defend themselves if theres a T-darter or SD-10 approaching.
do you think ground attack MKI's will carry no BVR AA weapon at all?? think again..
and yes of course they dont have any electronic counter measures at all..

Its mainly 8 thunder against 4 mki's, the MKI's are intruding pakistan which would give pakistan the advantage of ground control radars. We'll also have superior data-link.
please explain superior data link by JF17s??

Do not forget that the jf-17 has pretty advanced ecm
oh ya and they forgot to add any ECM when they made MKI right..

Kaiser said:
The mki is way to much overhyped about, 1 eurofighter would do the job against 5 mki's all at once
nice to comment and difficult to prove..
give your arguments with a reason and not just because you want plane A to be better than plane B by your predefined margin.

master_fx said:
j-10 would work fine with su-30MKI.... it has been tested many times by PLA....
oh .. when did PLA get hold of MKI??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom