What's new

JF17 V LCA Picture Comparison Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LCA is a lovely and sexy.
I will not say anything about JF 17 as i am pakistani.

ws5h8m.png

Not entirely.. close though.. What changes is the aspect ratio.. the LCA counts on a low aspect ratio to counter the CG shift..
Isnt that what you exactly need in a fighter aircraft?
Doesnt it also decrease drag, gives greater angle of attack and increases useful internal volume for fuel tanks, etc?

but messing up its aerodynamic efficiency in the process.. and currently it has the worst aspect ratio of any fighter.
Compensated by the latest FBW-FCS, making the aircraft very agile.
Second point, yes. Its 1.75!
The Dassault advisers seemed to have misled in the start.. by foresight it would have been brilliant if the LCA was designed as a canard fighter.
Lol. So did the brilliant Dassault engineers go terribly wrong with Mirage series fighters?

Last edited:
In fact low aspect ratio means plane is more maneuverable...as much as aerodynamic stability is concerned i guess planes now a days are designed from the scratch to be unstable...

Wow, the LCA really does look the business!!

I've always been a fan of the darker grey cammo scheme, both for the JF-17 and any other bird. What a difference it makes moving away from the yellow primer paint.

Great images Storm Force, did like this sexy one in particular:

3271224925_b437f87272_o.jpg

Are the IAF expecting the first squadron to go live in 2012?

FIRST Squadron is going live in 6-12 months time.

Intial operational clearance expected Dec 2010

Knowing how indians work expect this to slip by several months

JF17 SHOTS I LIKE

JF-17Thunder&

PAFJF-17pilots001.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

MUCH PREFER THE DARK CAMO IN THUNDER

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

HE said in the original post this was not about spec , but only picture comparison.

Also your spec's on LCA are either out of date or incomplete.

Dear friend . . . you can show me that HUGE mistake peacfuly . . . and if you think that the Spec's of LCA which refers to June 2004 when it was christened by Prime Minister AB Vajpayee is out of date or incomplete . . i will be most happy to know the correct Spec's from you . . here is some photos in response:

dsc01745738807.jpg

dsc01746739765.jpg

may be in weapons and radar tejas is better but they one thing tejas is far behind its production line .tejas got more and more time to become in production line but jf-17 in jumping and moving too fast.

JF17 SHOTS I LIKE

JF-17Thunder%5B4%5D.jpg

PAFJF-17pilots001.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

MUCH PREFER THE DARK CAMO IN THUNDER

The round thing in the tail in first pic?Is that for housing a radar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom