What's new

JF17 V LCA Picture Comparison Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
not for radar its parachute bay for air break

99.jpg

the planform for jf-17,from top it looks a bit circular,for the wings?what is the advantage of that?

may be in weapons and radar tejas is better but they one thing tejas is far behind its production line .tejas got more and more time to become in production line but jf-17 in jumping and moving too fast.

I find this argument to be quite true...The HAL seems to be overworked with the maintenance of such a large fleet like the IAF.The wide diversity in the inventory also adds to the problem.
By the way,can anybody give me any estimate about the number of JF-17s in PAF??

may be in weapons and radar tejas is better but they one thing tejas is far behind its production line .tejas got more and more time to become in production line but jf-17 in jumping and moving too fast.

That is because PAF needs them ASAP to reach a more favorable position vs IAF.

On the other hand, IAF does not seem in a hurry to induct Tejas.
HAL is taking it's own sweet time to develop the LCA and gain experience from the effort.

I find this argument to be quite true...The HAL seems to be overworked with the maintenance of such a large fleet like the IAF.The wide diversity in the inventory also adds to the problem.
By the way,can anybody give me any estimate about the number of JF-17s in PAF??

PAF has a confirmed order of 150 which can possibly increase to 250.

Khan Sahab-).
This is just industry specific. Ours is more experimental success than aggressive expansion of line.

The first squadron is almost getting ready by March next year. IOC is in December, then the production will kick start. Intially it was projected that they will make 7-8 LCA per year and they have increased it to 10-12...

Things are on track though.

HAL is taking it's own sweet time to develop the LCA and gain experience from the effort.

sir project is late and i don't flame just in my think its late and geting more late . abut paf .iaf every air force need ASAP new birds same like a-5s and f-7s need ground here in india mig-21 and mig-27 need ground ASAP its no dought. IAF need ASAP new birds for reduce crash rate.

Khan Sahab-).
This is just industry specific. Ours is more experimental success than aggressive expansion of line.

The first squadron is almost getting ready by March next year. IOC is in December, then the production will kick start. Intially it was projected that they will make 7-8 LCA per year and they have increased it to 10-12...

Things are on track though.

sir jee i never say program is trash or dud i wish it done ASAP but its almost late its by indian sorces. agian i think its on track but need to speed up.

LCA is a lovely and sexy.
I will not say anything about JF 17 as i am pakistani.

inta mafi bakistani inta hindi.. ya ****** waza ilm alsah :devil:

Last edited:
The aerodynamics, fluid flow, physics etc etc of delta wing design apply equally to both LCA and Jas-37. Infact count in Mirage series fighters and Rafale too!

don't want to derail the thread but Mirage / Rafale's delta design is very different from JAS 37 and Teja. This is not to say LCA has a bad design but just want to point out similarities.

Rafale
rafale-mica1.jpg

Mirage
mirage-2000-line.gif

Viggen 37
viggen-line.gif

LCA TEJA
Delta+wing+LCA-1.jpg

Last edited:
Some pics of JF17

jf17deftalk281nq.jpg

jf17r3final.jpg

Quite old news but like this pic
jf7107ao8.jpg

06-fighter-afp-550x375.jpg

11axr9g.jpg

thank you sir, you understood my point fairly well.
Jf-17 is beautifull .. LCA sux
No comparison at all.

about the role and capability of both the aircrafts we already hv threads discussing that.

No need here.

Sabko doosre aadmi ki Biwi aur apne bacche bahut sundar lagte hain.

Every man finds some other man's wife, and his own kids, the best looking.;)

Imran. Regarding being late.

JF17 nos in PAF TO DATE are around 14

If IOC of Tejas takes place in DEC 2010 (A BIG IF I KNOW) then IAF may well have 14 tejas BY MID 2011.

They are entering service about the same time give or take 12-18 months max.

THIS IS WAT MAKES THIS SO INTERESTING IMO !!!!!!!1

Do not be eager to see Tejas in action. Certainly they are going to introduce few of them soon but do not expect any big order for current MKI version. As IAF is getting replacement of it MIG fleet in form of MMRCA, they will surely try to evaluate the gap between LCA and other modern fighters. Few screws here and there, addition of this and that will continue.If the major intention is to just expanding the fleet, they could have done it 4-5 years ago. Personaly I do not want aggresive expansion with Tejas untill it matches other 4.5 Gen Aircrafts in capability.

Dont want to start flame war!

But i find it incapability of HAL to deliver on time, they are facing series of failures, but some fanboys are trying to hide the incompetency of HAL, by saying that "HAL is not producing it fast, bcoz they are gaining experience", i mean wtf is this? Which aircraft assembly in this world will have such policy? Every one in this world want to deliver on time, time is everything, but if u still insist then we are happy that u dont have LCA operational, and ur opponenets will always want LCA to take more time in development may be a decade or 2?:woot:

Some people are saying that its taking more time bcoz HAL is making it more better, but play these two videos then u will see the difference!
-------------------------------------------------------

360 deg turn started from 0:38 and finished at 1:09! It took 30 sec!

--------------------------------------

And for F-16, it took only 18 seconds to complete 360 deg turn started from 03:38 and finished at 03:48!

--------------------------------------
This shows what HAL has built, what will if LCA engages in WVR combat vs F-16 or JF-17? Surely LCA will be a delight for F-16/JF-17 pilot!:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom