What's new

JF-XX(Strike Fighter)

We will have to build extra large runways and bunkers for this monster, is a nuke carrier?

I hope you don't mind what I said, and take it in a positive manner.

Really happy to see you saw a problem, and went about trying to solve it, in whatever way you could. It has to be appreciated no doubt.

Best Regards & Good Job :tup:

It has to be considered seriously, and PAF needs it. Will China sell / lease?
We just need autonomous drones to deliver the payloads, bigger the better. Pilotless version of H-6 would be good investment.

We will have to build extra large runways and bunkers for this monster, is a nuke carrier?

We just need autonomous drones to deliver the payloads, bigger the better. Pilotless version of H-6 would be good investment.
img-486411492698ce2d41066cb9956a68d6.jpg
img-d8cab6840a09bf745d2cbc33fc339673.jpg

They say when going gets tough ,We all can understand the PAF limitations in terms of funds and availability of decent platforms . Pakistan is using Mirages from 1960s and has decent infrastructure .As the key /sensitive technology is always Engines for any aeroplanes (the Air frame/ Avionics) can be some how managed (e.g JF 17 Aluminium based alloys in 1/2 blocks and avionics procurement from all over the world .
Spain/Italy/Turkey/Chinese .IMO we should start using Mirage engines (since we have significant capability in overhauling to OEM standards

Now we can work with Chinese on airframe and as per record (Correct me) we have closed to 200 copies of Mirages that means we can have 100 Fighter jet with dual engine can be make which is quiet a decent number for strike/Sea package . Snecma Atar afterburning turbojet engine, capable of generating up to 43.2 kN so in theory 2 X 43.2 = Closed to 86 KN thrust . Let me know your thoughts .

They say when going gets tough ,We all can understand the PAF limitations in terms of funds and availability of decent platforms . Pakistan is using Mirages from 1960s and has decent infrastructure .As the key /sensitive technology is always Engines for any aeroplanes (the Air frame/ Avionics) can be some how managed (e.g JF 17 Aluminium based alloys in 1/2 blocks and avionics procurement from all over the world .
Spain/Italy/Turkey/Chinese .IMO we should start using Mirage engines (since we have significant capability in overhauling to OEM standards

Now we can work with Chinese on airframe and as per record (Correct me) we have closed to 200 copies of Mirages that means we can have 100 Fighter jet with dual engine can be make which is quiet a decent number for strike/Sea package . Snecma Atar afterburning turbojet engine, capable of generating up to 43.2 kN so in theory 2 X 43.2 = Closed to 86 KN thrust . Let me know your thoughts .
sooo, you are saying that an entirely new aircraft may be designed and produced just because we have old engines lying around?

How about no? PAF and PAC should focus on a 5th gen aircraft and improving the jf-17 only.

Why go backwards, when you can move forwards?

Sounds Infeasible because of following reasons.

Engines are not a problem and if only duo engines can provide a better platform then insert another rd93 engine in JF17 and you are good to go.

Things dont go in this way depending only on engines.

Making another plane will require a complete change in airframe. for newer platform a completely new avionics and weapon package will also be required.

If same French Avionics are used then it wont provide much needed punch as exocet missile has its own limitation in range while jf17 can fire much faster and longer range missiles at sea air and land as well.

as per PAF doctrine jf17 will fly with two c802 missiles with one in center fuselage and one under the wing and a big fuel tank under the otherwing. this will provide enough loiter time and firing range to jf17 with a much better electronic package and 4th generation capabilities and BVR missiles on sea packed with low cost and faster maintenance as well as quicker turnaround time.

The Mirage engines have also a life time which is quite over in French books. All we are doing is a third overhaul at our own risk giving it a more 600 to 700 hrs life. And that's being also used to some extent. Secondly it's a turbo jet engine with non electric full control system called fadec. Full authority digital Electric control. And we need that with a turbofan engine. So both are in Jf17 and we already have it. All we require is a medium weight strike aircrafts new one.

The most feasible way for Pakistan is to after getting Egyptian Mirage 5 reportedly 30, lets choose 18 best for a squadron. Get structural upgrades your self with the help of South Africa. Get a BVR capable Missiles inducted on 36 Mirage V. You may make them compatible by inducting IRST/FLIR of new era, HUD, RAM coatings, heat/infrared suppressors, new EW suits even then they shall be affordable and may serve country for much longer periods. Further going on we may expand such upgrades on few Mirage-III squadrons.

Moody is ready to get Govt one more time and this time his actions shall be swift not limited to single skirmish, but may go for a limited scale war in Kashmir area. Every body knows considering the circumstances the hazards for Pakistan are high for first use of Nuclear weapon than India.

For All of your arguments the Mirages are still fly worthy so using the same engine OEM standards .For Performance if you note i mentioned to design new airframe .Last Engines are not ready available RD-93 is re exported thru China connection not from Russia directly .

so many could be , would be , should be threads...all useless fanboy fantassies

An aircraft no ... but a long range cruise missile to utilise old engines can be a possibility ...

Mirage rebuild factory can be turned into JF-17 re build factory, infrastructure can be re used.

As for old jets, I like the idea of converting them into cruise missiles or decoys. China has already done this with J-6 and J-7s. But for now it's very apparent that Mirage fleet will soldier on and some jets can be cannibalized to keep the rest flying for as long as possible.

lol..mirage engines are turbojet engines which was an obsolete technology even before you were born!

when it come to customized used aircrafts the three options are
1. china
2. french mirage2000(unlikley)
3. typhoons tranch 1 with customized avionics/radar from italy

4.f16s..with turkey suit..unlikley

Back
Top Bottom