What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

I still cannot get over the poor engineering of the JF17B that has 3 protuding hinges on the rightside of the cockpit airframe. A relic of the 1950s, and not how a design should be for something that went pen to paper(or mouse to monitor) in the last 2-3 years. Very poor engineering. What were they thinking?

Last edited:
I still cannot get over the poor engineering of the JF10B that has 3 protuding hinges on the rightside of the cockpit airframe. A relic of the 1950s, and not how a design shouldbe for something that went pen to paper(or mouse to monitor) in the last 2-3 years. Very poor engineering. What were they thinking?
That bothers me too. It's doesn't feel like a modern jet anymore with those ugly hinges. They could have done something or even try to conceal them. Sadly they went for a shorter route instead of spending time on designing and concealing.

117157882_3333830640007650_9050912038811815178_o.jpg

I still cannot get over the poor engineering of the JF17B that has 3 protuding hinges on the rightside of the cockpit airframe. A relic of the 1950s, and not how a design should be for something that went pen to paper(or mouse to monitor) in the last 2-3 years. Very poor engineering. What were they thinking?
Correct - here we are saying this is to be used for EW - with any additional protrusions, you are creating perfect echo reflections. Not good.

Indeed, it is sad, L-15 that came before it doesn't have them and is smaller aircraft. On other hand JL-9 does and it seems they sorta copied it off JL-9.

JF-17B Thunder (Bravo) Carrying FAE Bombs
JF-17B (Serial 0002) Carrying Two "CS/BBF1 500 lb. or 250 lb." Fuel Air Explosive (FAE) Bombs "Precision Guided Munition, Fuel Air Explosive Bombs are best known type of "Thermobaric Weapons". It is a type of explosive that uses oxygen from the surrounding air to generate a high-tem explosion.
IMG_20200810_093136.jpg

IMG_20200810_093129.jpg

about 12 inches below those inch-thick protrusions is 23-foot long wing providing 90% angle for Radar reflection with multiple pylons and weapons hanging under it. What additional impact would that hinge protrusion have on radar signature compared to the all other protrusions?

Correct - here we are saying this is to be used for EW - with any additional protrusions, you are creating perfect echo reflections. Not good.

In case of war, if PAF needs to relocate assets from one region to another, the ferry range depicts how easy and quick it would be to do so. With the given ferry range, thunders can be moved from any airbase to any other airbase within Pakistan in one non-stop flight.
they should be moving towards the conflict not away from it
leave transporters and passengers planes to move in opposite directions to safe zones

share the picutres with marked area that you are complaining about
I cant tell despite checking

although generally looking at the JF 17 finishing is something that leaves much to be desired

Still a marked improvement over earlier 5 hinges. On plus side if you look at Tejas, it still has a manual canopy.

img_20200810_093136-jpg.659973

Back
Top Bottom