What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

It does break though, before the ejection, if you notice it carefully, above the head rest of the seat, there is a long piece of metal, when you pull the eject cord, the tooth hits the glass first, shattering it, this is called Canopy Burst i guess or Canopy Destruct.

But ejection while supersonic will kill the pilot regardless.
thank you sir thats what really confused me and you pointed it out in very detail

I don't see it..
It does

Ejection test
tapatalk_1581451737119.jpeg

thank you sir thats what really confused me and you pointed it out in very detail

Hi,
Sometimes you see a rope type thing attached to the glass roof---it is called Det Cord---Detonation cord---. It is explosive and breaks the glass outwards---. That is one way---.

A cheap way is to break the glass from the metal top of the pilot's seat.

A more high end way is explosives on the clamp downs of the glass canopy---. When the ejection handle is pulled---first the explosives blow the canopy away then the enejction seats rocket motor will ignite to eject the seat---.

The F16 glass is very thick and strong and just the metal on the ejection seat won't break it---.

Hi,
Sometimes you see a rope type thing attached to the glass roof---it is called Det Cord---Detonation cord---. It is explosive and breaks the glass outwards---. That is one way---.

A cheap way is to break the glass from the metal top of the pilot's seat.

A more high end way is explosives on the clamp downs of the glass canopy---. When the ejection handle is pulled---first the explosives blow the canopy away then the enejction seats rocket motor will ignite to eject the seat---.

The F16 glass is very thick and strong and just the metal on the ejection seat won't break it---.
thanks a lot sir g for explanation in a very detailed .

What a shame. The carefully designed LERX and wing roots of Blocks 1 and 2 that resulted in a circumspect contrail were a hallmark of the Thunder and contributed to its low observability. I hope this contrail we are seeing is just an edge case and not the normal occurrence.
That is a smoke trail installed on wingtips to produce smoke, not contrail ,

Isnt it @Hodor @Windjammer ?

Adjustments.JPG

So all the green color skin are
Composite and in B model there is more composite compared to single seater to reduced weight B model normal take off weight is about 300 pounds more than a single seater ~9000 kg vs 9300 kg pretty good as there is additional cockpit plus seat and pilot weight included also more fuel so taking out mechanical flyby wire and more composite did the job
Just 300 lbs is nothing

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom