What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

You cannot just put the SU-57 engine into the J-20 without very extensive modifications to the J-20s airframe, which may or may not even be possible.

China looks like it is just as advanced with it's WS-15 engine for J-20 as the Russians are with the SU-57 engine, and so trying to learn anything from SU-57 engine is now pointless and will just distract from the WS-15 engine program.

Russia and China are now pretty much peers in engine tech, with the Russians slightly ahead overall but the Chinese are progressing quicker. I expect Chinese engine tech to be at a more advanced level than Russia's by the end of this decade.
What "clear lead"?

Please explain your reasoning in detail.
It is possible and likely. This is more realistic vs the illogical claims of ufos - J10s,Su35/F-16blk70 etc etc... It makes the most sense but also a contratian approach will be why do you want a handicapped system with restrictions.

B1 to B2 should not be a big deal. It is just a straight systems upgrade not structural change.

Nice to see you back. PDF is also facing brain drain issue.

Guys few sources on internet stated that JF17 up gradation program is already in progress and we already upgrade 11 JF17B1 to B2 standard
I suspect the block 1s are being upgraded as they are being overhauled. There was a picture posted of 111 which is quite telling if you know what you are looking for.
A
It is possible and likely. This is more realistic vs the illogical claims of ufos - J10s,Su35/F-16blk70 etc etc... It makes the most sense but also a contratian approach will be why do you want a handicapped system with restrictions.

B1 to B2 should not be a big deal. It is just a straight systems upgrade not structural change.
Look at the wings old friend. There is more than just a plug in the butt upgrade that has gone on.
A

Look at the wings old friend. There is more than just a plug in the butt upgrade that has gone on.
A
Please point it out for us, Im sure there are no secrecy issues since its a public image.

JF-17 Thunder
- Photo by Tahir Sultan

1617545609018.png

View attachment 732669

Saw this during Iraqi minister visit to see Pakistani defense products in Karbala. Two SD-10s on a scale model, has this been seen before? Does it mean anything really?
Chinese official simulators also show the JF-17 to have this capability. I think PAF doesn't fly with dual SD-10s because it puts unnecessary stress on the wings or some other cost issue.

Chinese official simulators also show the JF-17 to have this capability. I think PAF doesn't fly with dual SD-10s because it puts unnecessary stress on the wings or some other cost issue.

Reduces life of the missile when aircraft carries it. There are at least 2 x fighters on ADA with A2A load (2xBVR+ 2x hooters)

Back
Top Bottom