What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

JF-17 Thunder conducting test flight after being overhauled in Pakistan -
Photo by Zohaib Malik

1617197634830.png

are they upgrading them to block II standard two?
I think they will wait for Block 3 to be completed and figure out a way to upgrade them to Block 3 when the time comes.

What country are you from my friend? Arabwarrior is very vague.

I think they will wait for Block 3 to be completed and figure out a way to upgrade them to Block 3 when the time comes.

What country are you from my friend? Arabwarrior is very vague.

I've been following JF-17 project since day one, what I know about Pakistan airforce is that they want to end up with a mix of blk2 & 3 only and they had plans to upgrade all of Jf-17 block 1 to block 2 and install LKF601E AESA radars to them.

I'm from Kuwait.

JF-17 Thunder conducting test flight after being overhauled in Pakistan -
Photo by Zohaib Malik

View attachment 729877
That is the green JF-17 we used to see on special occasions, no wonder was not seen at 23/25th March Parade this year.
Block-1s can be upgraded to Block-2s but Block-1/2s can't be upgraded to Block-3 as that aircraft has too many structural changes, internally its too redesigned. What we can expect to see is somewhere down the line a Block-2+ configuration which would be a upgraded Block-2 with a air cooled AESA and some other avionic upgrades. This is the rumored configuration Azerbaijan is seeking.

Let's see. I guess PAF is quite happy with Mirage IIIs/Vs along with JF-17s and F-16s.

I have heard PAF is negotiating for some more used F-16s Block-15 and even used Block-52s with MLU-4 upgrades. I wish PAF will get money to get these from the USA.

I guess from the original 28 F-16s Block-15 remaining only 12 are remaining in the USA. But I am sure PAF has eyes over ex-USAF F-16s Block-15s with MLU-4 upgrades. :pakistan: :usflag:

Guys few sources on internet stated that JF17 up gradation program is already in progress and we already upgrade 11 JF17B1 to B2 standard

Let's see. I guess PAF is quite happy with Mirage IIIs/Vs along with JF-17s and F-16s.

I have heard PAF is negotiating for some more used F-16s Block-15 and even used Block-52s with MLU-4 upgrades. I wish PAF will get money to get these from the USA.

I guess from the original 28 F-16s Block-15 remaining only 12 are remaining in the USA. But I am sure PAF has eyes over ex-USAF F-16s Block-15s with MLU-4 upgrades. :pakistan: :usflag:
It is possible and likely. This is more realistic vs the illogical claims of ufos - J10s,Su35/F-16blk70 etc etc... It makes the most sense but also a contratian approach will be why do you want a handicapped system with restrictions.
Guys few sources on internet stated that JF17 up gradation program is already in progress and we already upgrade 11 JF17B1 to B2 standard
B1 to B2 should not be a big deal. It is just a straight systems upgrade not structural change.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom