What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Director Sales and Marketing? Really? He can't speak one full sentence without a grammatical or pronunciation error. He doesn't even seem to know what he wants to say.

Postings/promotions must be based on future role requirement, not past performance. A sales & marketing guy is required to possess three things only, product knowledge, customer requirement and a way with words. Period.

http://m.gulfnews.com/business/aviation/dubai-airshow/dubai-airshow-2017-day-2-highlights-1.2123573

Watch: Pakistan Aeronautical Complex is producing fighter jets and trainer aircrafts and they are right here in Dubai at the Dubai Airshow 2017. Air Commodore Sohail Saeed shows us around.

Could any one explain me what is thunder turn, and why it is named thunder turn after jf17, as I'm unable to find any information about it.

Yeah well IAF made calculations based on 5 mins Full after burner, high power take off run, and other parameters in mind.
JF-17 endurance is about 50mins using the same criteria as IAF. JF17 carries about the same fuel (or less) as Tejas and has a less efficient engine. You do the math.

LCA Tejas' airframe has much more drag compared to JF-17 (wing area of 38.4 sq meter vs 24.4 sq meter). Both their engines are quite similar in technology and general performance (thrust, efficiency, weight, etc...); but the basic RD-33 has a bit more power, a higher by-pass ratio, & better specific fuel consumption. F404-IN20, specifically made for LCA Tejas can at best equal RD-33 in power. RD-93, the RD-33 derivative used on JF-17 is a bit more tweaked and its actual performance on JF-17 can only be guessed. This is all easily available information from the respective manufacturers' websites, etc...

A quick back-of-the envelope calculation for JF-17 gives me 1 hr 5 minutes endurance with a 5 minute afterburner use @ 90% power (while the rest of the flight profile is @ 75% max dry thrust).

Possibly. It is less than even 14 Aug display. One possibility is to avoid giving high speed heat signature information to anyone using an IR camera.

I think the JF-17's true performance will remain hidden for quite some time.

And the project of local commercial aeroplane with 10-30 passengers capacity. Will have to see if they come up with turboprop or jet. If turboprop, than I will personally want something along the lines of DHC 6 Twin Otter rather than a Cessna 208.
definitely turboprop, something like Y-12

Director Sales and Marketing? Really? He can't speak one full sentence without a grammatical or pronunciation error. He doesn't even seem to know what he wants to say.

Postings/promotions must be based on future role requirement, not past performance. A sales & marketing guy is required to possess three things only, product knowledge, customer requirement and a way with words. Period.

Air Commodore Sohail Saeed, what did you expect?

As soon as it gets into the hands of Nigeria and Myanmar airforces, consider the secret out. I would operate on the assumption that Indian pilots will get their hands on it in Myanmar.

May be not. China will make sure of that such leakage of sensitive information does not happen from Myanmar to India.

Even Russia could not stop leakage of nuclear submarine secrets. It's basic common sense: if it's in somebody else's hands, the whole world knows about it.

It depends on who is doing the stealing. Some thieves are more crafty than others. :D

Back
Top Bottom