What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

almost all modern multirole fighter jets are have that capability, we are doing this with our 60s era Mirages for decades and now JF-17

And Mirage-F1 was not the Hi-tech as compare to early F-16, F-16 was one of the best/newest jets than

Now shoo for your pathetic false ego mindset, now go to your pathetic work (car selling?:blah:

Why J-10 will not carry 2 heavy anti ship Missiles, its payloads capacity is over 6000 kg, and can i show you pics of J-10 carrying 2 heavy anti ship missiles???
Lol even jf17 can carry two c802 each weighing 900kg

Wont be small numbers. 90-150. If you look at my previous posts, you can see how critical i was of the idea of a J-10 induction, for some reason that has changed, i said it was impossible before ;)

It wont effect the JF-17 prog since they are of two different roles in the PAF fleet structure. Its the easiest way to counter the Rafale induction.
How much time frame you see for these predicted 90 to 150 numbers ?

These will totally CBU or some locally assembly in future to fod later numbers

Hi,

The J10 cannot carry two 1000 Kg each anti ship missiles---. It basically is not designed for that role at all.

The J10 is your fighter interceptor aircraft. Your naval weapons carrier airship going on anti ship strike missions must and must carry two heavy antiship missiles.

Two missiles are better than one---. One opportunity shows up---your one anti ship missiles fizzles out---fails to launch---after the launch goes haywire---enemy shoots it down---it is all about the percentages---about when you get the opportunity---you launch the first and then the second one for surety---.
as I have already acknowledged my next to no military aviation knowledge so I knew my suggestions were flawed.
I had to go back a read up a little more and as you jave pointed out that naval versions are heavy lifters with stronger structure and endurance and better sea skimming performance.

before the site went down I was going to write the following points knowing also they were a nonstarter

PN scope and doctrine changes from the current confines (with or without CPEC as a strategic element)

PN rescuers itself from PAF directives on how to conduct and shape its airborne naval strategy

envisions use of air strips on artificial islands ( LIKE China) within our territorial waters to extend defensive offensive reach of a air arm of PN.

PN Had a scope and a doctrine back in 60s or 80s which was valid back then but I doubt it cant be revisited and extended for the future.
maybe there was no need to duplicate resources and facilities if PAF was willing to lend its jets, pilots and facilities for PN duties but every procurement would be dictated by PAF. PAF might choose or reject a platform with its primary use for PAF and then a secondary use if suitable to Pakistan navy. I don't even want to imagine and speculate the red tape and unnecessary chain of command maneuvering needed to release the men and resources for an immediate PN needs when PAF itself is expecting an imminent need to defend or respond to aggression from India.

still with me? I am in principle agreeing with you (whether or not I fully understood what you are saying but I think I got the gist of it).
so PN is allowed to build its own combat air arm. raises say 2 squadrons of Mirage/ JF17s under direct PN command with PN exclusive facilities and personal (duly trained and helped by PAF). and once its free to think on its own then it starts looking for such air platforms that are built with primary Naval focus. here we have an issue.
list the jets out say F/A 18 hornets, Mig 29Ks, J-15/16 and JH 7s and then eliminate the ones that dont fit the bill for affordability, availability or compatibility reasons.
I dont know if China will part with its jets and how much time and resources are needed to adapt for PN use. since since China might replace JH 7as with J 15/16s so there is no chance of a modern 4.5 generation version of JH7s or a Naval version of twin engine J-10 (I only saw some fan based CGI art).

expecting PAC and CAC to build a twin engine version of JF 17 with Naval strike as a primary focus doesn't make sense due to huge setup costs and future potential use/ export potential to justify the spend.

in short I see a solid Vancouver dam wall. we are not getting anywhere.

That is wrong ... most sources say it has a weight of 715 kg, which is not a lightweight anyway, but surely not 900kg
Very well you are right ..
and it can also carry two mk83 454kg each hardpoint with launcher and 915kg CM-400 anti ship and 907kg mark 84 on each wing

But oh yes none of these are 1000kg so you and mastan are right...

Hi,

The J10 cannot carry two 1000 Kg each anti ship missiles---. It basically is not designed for that role at all.

The J10 is your fighter interceptor aircraft. Your naval weapons carrier airship going on anti ship strike missions must and must carry two heavy antiship missiles.

Two missiles are better than one---. One opportunity shows up---your one anti ship missiles fizzles out---fails to launch---after the launch goes haywire---enemy shoots it down---it is all about the percentages---about when you get the opportunity---you launch the first and then the second one for surety---.

And the JF-17 cannot either. So this argument is moot.

I know, there have been images of JF-17s carrying the C802 AShMS, but this is a 715kg weapon and not a 1000kg missile.

By the way, we have seen several images of J-10s carrying YJ-91 ARMs and KD-88 AGMs and if it can carry these two it can also carry the YJ-83K or C802.

By the way, we have seen several images of J-10s carrying YJ-91 ARMs and KD-88 AGMs and if it can carry these two it can also carry the YJ-83K or C802.
006YYk9Rgy1gkkjc0m1grj31hc0zku0x.jpg
006YYk9Rgy1ghv4rf9yedj318g0p0tww.jpg

And the JF-17 cannot either. So this argument is moot.

I know, there have been images of JF-17s carrying the C802 AShMS, but this is a 715kg weapon and not a 1000kg missile.

How many actual hardpoints used in J10 ? That actually seems not cliam of 11

Exactly my pint, when it can carry the YJ-91 and KD-88, it can also carry the YJ-83K = C802 (at least weight-wise). But some others again refuse to accept this.
If the two pylons near the fuselage are unlocked, J-10 can carries much heavier missiles.

Yes again, but some member''s claims are the J-10 cannot, but the JF-17 can.
i think what members are saying is that j10 is not a fighter bomber like what they perceive Pakistan needs
i still believe PAF will wait for this admin to see if it gets f16s otherwise it will order j10s

personally i would have wish we focus on jf-17 & throw some money into j-31

Back
Top Bottom