What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Rafale once looked for sales as well but it was never battle tested ,poor Libyans were Guinee pigged and we saw Rafale sales after that ,JF17 proved his metal on one of the highest concentrated areas where threat was every where ,We should sell this jets now easily

Indian air force will be beefing up its efforts for new fighter jet procurement and indigenous development x 10. We should not go to sleep. I have a wary feeling of a developing 2 front scenario in next 12-36 months. That will be a massive test of resilient endogenous fabtech backbone.

Second front direction?

To others. When is the next squadron coming up?

Rafale once looked for sales as well but it was never battle tested ,poor Libyans were Guinee pigged and we saw Rafale sales after that ,JF17 proved his metal on one of the highest concentrated areas where threat was every where ,We should sell this jets now easily

JF-17 has a bigger nose than Rafale, and AESA radars developed by Chinese firms are using the third generation T/R modules while Rafale's new AESA radar is still on the second generation, which means a JF-17 Block III has a much bigger chance to detect and shoot at a Rafale earlier.

The key for JF-17 to achieve victory against Rafale is avoiding dog fights. JF-17 Block III should generally apply hit-and-run tactics in the battles.

Indian air force will be beefing up its efforts for new fighter jet procurement and indigenous development x 10. We should not go to sleep. I have a wary feeling of a developing 2 front scenario in next 12-36 months. That will be a massive test of resilient endogenous fabtech backbone.

Hi,

Never under estimate the enemy---never under estimate his strategy---and most important of all---

If a strong enemy loses the battle---think---why he lost the battle that he was not supposed to---what was the reasoning behind the loss---why did your " inferior " system take out their superior system---.

From Modi's statements---it appears that he will make a big dash for procuring more Rafales if he won the election---.

Hi,

Never under estimate the enemy---never under estimate his strategy---and most important of all---

If a strong enemy loses the battle---think---why he lost the battle that he was not supposed to---what was the reasoning behind the loss---why did your " inferior " system take out their superior system---.

From Modi's statements---it appears that he will make a big dash for procuring more Rafales if he won the election---.

Pakistan just poked an obese irritable bear.

You can be sure India is gonna overcompensate now.

https://falcons.pk/photo/JF-17-Thunder/1675

Photo-1675.jpg

Pakistan just poked an obese irritable bear.

You can be sure India is gonna overcompensate now.

They need to spend a lot more than only procuring new fighter jets. For example, their air defense radar coverage is reportedly far less than 100% and they have no modern long range SAMs like S-300 or Patriot. So they are highly vulnerable to any real air strikes.

Let's see if they can work out something with proper financial arrangement as they can't design and manufacture any of such weapons on their own.

I don't think it looks optimistic as their played quite ugly in the past Rafale deal, M777 deal and Israeli ATM deal.

Russia is backing them up with air defence cover.

They need to spend a lot more than only procuring new fighter jets. For example, their air defense radar coverage is reportedly far less than 100% and they have no modern long range SAMs like S-300 or Patriot. So they are highly vulnerable to any real air strikes.

Let's see if they can work out something with proper financial arrangement as they can't design and manufacture any of such weapons on their own.

I don't think it looks optimistic as their played quite ugly in the past Rafale deal, M777 deal and Israeli ATM deal.

I have no two views on that one. Should have remained in.

But if you look at the LC in the region, the LC swings in North-North-Easterly direction and then doubles back in a South-South-Easterly direction, creating a 'knob'. What I have been led to believe is that once the flight of F-16, and here I am now very sure about the flight, was detected undertaking a technical violation of LC (entering within 10 kms of their own side) our Migs (02) were vectored towards them. The F-16s thereafter merely transgressed about 3 or 4 kms on our side and then moved to egress just as our Migs fell in. The Wing Commander was on a lock (as made out from ATC data available) and moved for a 'kill'. Since he was in a technical violation by then, he was targeted by PAF aircrafts as also SAMs. The IR countermeasures were quickly overcome in a volley and he was hit by what is believed to be an A2A missile (AIM-120C). The aircraft subsequently was a dead bird and crossed the LC as no sane pilot would eject at that altitude in that terrain. And rest, as is said, is history.

But I do concur, he was not a Flying Officer to fall for such things ...as a Wing Commander, he messed up (in a military pov)

Then we agree on this aspect of the whole saga.

Back
Top Bottom