What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Guys kindly look at professional status of Gambit ... I have read his posts earlier as well and they are reliable ...

If you dont know then try to learn from experienced persons rather than arguing ...

By the time I am done, you can take my post to the J-17's engineering staff and they would offer me a job. :enjoy:

But am going to give Mr. Shabi some time to gather technical support.

Ok I'm curious, I shared links which I think you didnt even bother to check but are still claiming I'm completely in the wrong. Please share some reading material and tell me why fuel tank cross feed systems to adjust aircraft center of gravity is flawed.
Explaination should not be the usual excuse that Chinese technology is inferior.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. But want to clarify my words were "it's not an exact confirmation of dimensions."
They could be close to reality but it's just an estimation, as they are not confirmed. The point I wanted to make is I think there could be dimension differences between Raad 1 & 2 from pictures but its just an opinion as exact dimensions for both unknown.

Wikipedia shows this link as its source.
https://missilethreat.csis.org/missile/hatf-8/
And it quotes that the dimensions are an estimation at Janes. Janes is a reputable source and pretty accurate but they have relied on guess work to obtain the figures.
In the absence of any data some data is better ,RAAD2 is still in stage and also there was study done 3 years back that shows in order to increase the range of CM the width or length has to be altered with the specific challenge was faced by PN while developing SLCM ,Cheers

Even on a commercial aircraft the fuel management system can be used to balance out both wings of an aircraft. I've used the system in a flight simulator in which there was a simulated fuel leakage in a Airbus aircraft, in order to land the aircraft had to keep pumping fuel from one wing to the other one so the aircraft could be leveled for a smooth landing.
On the bottom of the left MFD of the JF-17 it's showing two gauges which depict Left/Right side fuel status. Had a identical display on the Airbus simulator for balancing the wing loads and could toggle a pump to distribute fuel weight.
4272449_screenshot20160918010303_jpegae2c9743b72716afaedfbcd0a3c9403d

Since most modern aircraft are designed unstable, its the job of the FBW to continuously manage the aircraft without pilot input in order to fly it straight. Look at the picture below. One wing has a C-802 which is ~750KG, on the other wing it is carrying a 800litre fuel tank to balance it out. The aircraft fuel management system and FBW will have to work together. If missile not fired the aircraft computer will manage fuel via pumps so that the the opposite wing has similar weight. Once missile fired, the fuel management system will pump out fuel from the wing with the tank and balance rest of the aircraft.
Same goes for if they want to carry a single Raad which is 1100Kg, JF-17 loadout options show it can carry a 1100litre fuel tank on opposite wing corresponding hard point.

Then again these are loading options. If the Raad-2 is sleeker than Raad-1 as I've observed from pictures than the JF-17 can simply carry it on the center pylon without worry of landing gear clearance and this complicated mechanism can be avoided. However the JF-17 being a advanced aircraft this whole system is likely normally automated to reduce pilot load.

View attachment 469378 View attachment 469379

Hi,

Supposedly---the JF17 is capable of carrying two C 802's in inner pylons---one on each---they each weigh around 750KG---.

But the Hatf is an 1100 KG weapon---350 Kg's more---. If the AVM stated the load issue being the factor---then that extra 350KG weight is the tipping point of the aircraft---.

Even on a commercial aircraft the fuel management system can be used to balance out both wings of an aircraft. I've used the system in a flight simulator in which there was a simulated fuel leakage in a Airbus aircraft, in order to land the aircraft had to keep pumping fuel from one wing to the other one so the aircraft could be leveled for a smooth landing.
On the bottom of the left MFD of the JF-17 it's showing two gauges which depict Left/Right side fuel status. Had a identical display on the Airbus simulator for balancing the wing loads and could toggle a pump to distribute fuel weight.
4272449_screenshot20160918010303_jpegae2c9743b72716afaedfbcd0a3c9403d

Since most modern aircraft are designed unstable, its the job of the FBW to continuously manage the aircraft without pilot input in order to fly it straight. Look at the picture below. One wing has a C-802 which is ~750KG, on the other wing it is carrying a 800litre fuel tank to balance it out. The aircraft fuel management system and FBW will have to work together. If missile not fired the aircraft computer will manage fuel via pumps so that the the opposite wing has similar weight. Once missile fired, the fuel management system will pump out fuel from the wing with the tank and balance rest of the aircraft.
Same goes for if they want to carry a single Raad which is 1100Kg, JF-17 loadout options show it can carry a 1100litre fuel tank on opposite wing corresponding hard point.

Then again these are loading options. If the Raad-2 is sleeker than Raad-1 as I've observed from pictures than the JF-17 can simply carry it on the center pylon without worry of landing gear clearance and this complicated mechanism can be avoided. However the JF-17 being a advanced aircraft this whole system is likely normally automated to reduce pilot load.

View attachment 469378 View attachment 469379

Its called fcgms fuel center of gravity management system , digital fcgms

;)

Hi,

Supposedly---the JF17 is capable of carrying two C 802's in inner pylons---one on each---they each weigh around 750KG---.

But the Hatf is an 1100 KG weapon---350 Kg's more---. If the AVM stated the load issue being the factor---then that extra 350KG weight is the tipping point of the aircraft---.

This load config specs is not official but fan made correct ?

JFT have 3 hard point to carry more than or just 1100 KG

Hi,

It is not allabout carrying the weight---but where is the weight attached---how it is distributed---and how it is going to be released---in pairs or one at a time---.

We are all waiting for Gambit to jump in---.

Hi,

weight is not an issue, per official documentation it can carry 2 500kg or 4 250 kg bombs, in addition to 1100 liters fuel tank which is also about 1000kg, we have seen pictures AND VIDOES OF FULL LOAD OUT which is 2 c802, 2 sd10s and 2 WVR with central fuel tank

we also saw pictures of 2 CM-400AKG which again is ~920kg
so there shouldn't be any doubt what so ever on jf-17 being able to carry SIMULTANEOUSLY 3 x1000 kg load on wings and center line

so raad is supposedly just 100kg more

in my opinion this is non issue, raad was simply not designed for jf-17, its a strategic nuclear weapon for mirage 5 only, once the need arise, there will be raad for thunder as well, certainly, no body doubts that a modified version cant be built for thunder, assuming current version doesn't fit...

weight is not an issue, per official documentation it can carry 2 500kg or 4 250 kg bombs, in addition to 1100 liters fuel tank which is also about 1000kg, we have seen pictures AND VIDOES OF FULL LOAD OUT which is 2 c802, 2 sd10s and 2 WVR with central fuel tank

we also saw pictures of 2 CM-400AKG which again is ~920kg
so there shouldn't be any doubt what so ever on jf-17 being able to carry SIMULTANEOUSLY 3 x1000 kg load on wings and center line

so raad is supposedly just 100kg more

in my opinion this is non issue, raad was simply not designed for jf-17, its a strategic nuclear weapon for mirage 5 only, once the need arise, there will be raad for thunder as well, certainly, no body doubts that a modified version cant be built for thunder, assuming current version doesn't fit...

Hi,

Son---please read---read some books---. Bombs are dropped from opposite racks at the same time---. Fuel tanks are jettisoned from opposite racks at the same time---.

It may not be a problem carrying an 1100 KG missile on inner pylons---the problem occurs when one missile is launched and the other stays on the wing---and as the aircraft is really small---such a large weight displacement from one side---creates a massive imbalance in the stability of the aircraft---.

Hi,

It is not allabout carrying the weight---but where is the weight attached---how it is distributed---and how it is going to be released---in pairs or one at a time---.

We are all waiting for Gambit to jump in---.

F16 can carry a 2000lb JDAM on stations 3 and 7. Both of these stations are far from the CoG. And f16 can still maintain a stable flight after just dropping one.

000-GBU-15-EDGE-1A.jpg

Hi,

Son---please read---read some books---. Bombs are dropped from opposite racks at the same time---. Fuel tanks are jettisoned from opposite racks at the same time---.

It may not be a problem carrying an 1100 KG missile on inner pylons---the problem occurs when one missile is launched and the other stays on the wing---and as the aircraft is really small---such a large weight displacement from one side---creates a massive imbalance in the stability of the aircraft---.
ok lets ignore the videos that are available with dissimilar payloads on thunder..i think they are photo shop
this isnt 1960s with old systems, its era of fly by wire

Back
Top Bottom