What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes..!! that headline said We bought 16 JF-17 with $ 560 m.. but there is no detail about deal... such as Block 1 or Block 2.. include or exclude the weapons and training cost... :(

then i got one question... 16 we bought are block 1 or 2..? what it can be. anyone know...? hope to be block-2.... :D
Will likely be Block-2, that is the standard production model now. All Block-1s in PAF being updated to Block-2 as well.

akhir kab tak hun gy Block 2 Gripen k Equal hai kya ?

yes..!! that headline said We bought 16 JF-17 with $ 560 m.. but there is no detail about deal... such as Block 1 or Block 2.. include or exclude the weapons and training cost... :(

then i got one question... 16 we bought are block 1 or 2..? what it can be. anyone know...? hope to be block-2.... :D

1- No blk-I in production ... so it must be blk-II
2- if thirty five million usd price is confirmed then in my opinion (which may be wrong) it includes Training & 'basic weapon package' for the jet, for additional weapons 'if needed' separate contract with China will be concluded by Mayanmar ...

PAC working any other project instead of jf 17s programme for fighter, helis any thing else?

that's $35 mil per jet. If this cost includes weapons and training then its quite low.

It says including training and weapon systems that means most probably the whole aircraft may comprised of Chinese and Pakistani sub systems and weapons package thats why its reasonable cost and I believe it also includes the support systems at home.

Indian pressure stalls Pakistani JF-17 sale to Sri Lanka
Rahul Bedi, New Delhi - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
10 January 2016

Key Points
  • Indian diplomatic pressure seems to have stalled Sri Lankan plans to procure JF-17 Thunder fighters from Pakistan
  • Pakistan has been looking to close a deal for 10-12 JF-17s for around USD400 million
Diplomatic and political pressure by India is believed to have stalled Sri Lankan Air Force (SLAF) plans to procure JF-17 Thunder fighters from Pakistan, which the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) developed jointly with China's Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC).

Official sources in New Delhi said this influence had prevented Pakistani prime minister Nawaz Sharif from closing a deal for 10-12 JF-17s for around USD400 million during his visit to Colombo from 4 to 7 January.

@HRK Sarkar.... any details on above news.

Sorry didn't get the notice of your tag.... My response is simple ....

Pakistan PM Arrives In Sri Lanka On Three-Day Official Visit

Nanga Parbat (Naked Mountain) nicknamed "The Killer Mountain" with JF-17 Thunder serial number 10-116 with No. 26 "Black Spiders" Squadron markings photographed on May 28, 2015.

Attachments

• 1453261765768.jpg
    1453261765768.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 193
So 19 Plane Deal is finalized... :D :D 16 to Myanmar and 3 for Nigeria....

The above members say it's initial batch for Myanmar how many they planned to buy.... ?? and how many batch?

2016 will be a busy year for PAC.

FIGHTER JETS WORTH $560M ORDERED LAST YEAR, SAYS MAGAZINE
pakistan-jets.jpg

A Pakistan Air Force JF-17 Thunder releases flares during a demonstration in Islamabad last August. (AFP)

12 Jan 2016

0 comments

YANGON — Myanmar has ordered a fleet of Chinese-designed fighter jets worth more than half a billion US dollars from Pakistan, an Israeli online defence magazine has reported.

Myanmar placed an order “in 2015” for 16 JF-17 Thunder jets, each worth US$35 million, Defense Updatereported on January 11.

Myanmar was the first country to order the jets from Pakistan, the report said.

It said the jets were designed and developed by the state-run Aviation Industry Corporation of China to meet Pakistani requirements for a lightweight, affordable fighter jet.

The Pakistan Air Force was making the jets at its Pakistani Aeronautical Complex at Kamra in the northern Punjab.

“The Complex produced 16 JF-17 Block II Thunder aircraft in 2015,” the report said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom