What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
CM-400AKG weighs 400kg with range 150+ km
It is 180-250 km ...

The kinect impact of the missile is able to destroy large displacement warship (including Aircraft)

sure a single hit will only damage to AC but when it comes to multiple hits ... There is a chance of destroying AC

For those who think only one type of missile will be launched against IN aggressive fleet they are living in fools heaven, PN know what capability IN have so they will definitely use mix of weapon systems and platforms to inflict enough damage to IN so they with draw or not being able to fulfill their mission. Its never about totally destroying incoming enemy force, its about making sure they can't get their targets achieved and keeping our sea lines safe and open.

Also JF-17 can carry 2 CM-400-AKGs so there will be much more missiles launched against IN then what Indians here think.

PAF have 100 JF-17 Block I (50 were made by PAC and 50 were provide by China when PM Gilani went to China after Abbottabad Raids) So why PAF have deployed only two squadrons.
1.Black Panthers (No.16 Squadron)
2.Black Spiders (No.26 Squadron)

PAF have 100 JF-17 Block I (50 were made by PAC and 50 were provide by China when PM Gilani went to China after Abbottabad Raids) So why PAF have deployed only two squadrons.
1.Black Panthers (No.16 Squadron)
2.Black Spiders (No.26 Squadron)
simply because we have no 100 jf-17s

If we have no 100 JF-17 Block I then why are we making Block II.The Target was 250 Thunders set By Former Air Chief Rao Qamar salman in 2007. :coffee:
what is relation between block 2 and 100 thunders sir ? try to explain please . do you visit serial numbers thread ? we have picture of each and every thunder now do you update yourself ?

If we have no 100 JF-17 Block I then why are we making Block II.The Target was 250 Thunders set By Former Air Chief Rao Qamar salman in 2007. :coffee:
target is 150 thunders. 50 blk 1 , 50 blk 2 and 50 blk 3.

what is relation between block 2 and 100 thunders sir ? try to explain please . do you visit serial numbers thread ? we have picture of each and every thunder now do you update yourself ?
I am not Talking about Serial numbers or Block II.I am Talking about the Target of 250 Thunders set by Rao Qamar Salman in 2007.

target is 150 thunders. 50 blk 1 , 50 blk 2 and 50 blk 3.
so 150 is enough.

I am not Talking about Serial numbers or Block II.I am Talking about the Target of 250 Thunders set by Rao Qamar Salman in 2007.

so 150 is enough.
there is no target time will tell what to do . 50 block1 are in hand and work on block two is going on . 100 number is not right sir

Then Sir Export Report of JF-17s are True or False.or are they going to start exporting after complete induction of Block 2.

even frigates and destroyers can with stand with that lil payload... wiki says alot... funny now a days every anti ship missiles is being tagged carrier killer... china won't plan to build 3 CBG if it can be destroyed just like that....

Guys......:offtopic:. This is a JFT thread, not an anti-ship missile thread. Please open one up and this conversation can be taken to its respective thread.

To answer the bold part, can a ship withstand one missile's hit? YES, but why would anyone fire ONLY one missile onto a target as rich as an Indian AC (if you were the PN or the PAF)??

But you also need to remember...,this isn't a "Cruise missile" that hits at sub-sonic speed or in some cases, a little over Mach 1. This specific system hits at Mach 4. What that means, is that it can pierce through a LOT of hull just by its sheer kinetic force gained through high velocity. Now add high explosives to it, whatever ship it'll hit, it will ruin a significant portion of the ship.

The goal behind these weapons isn't to entirely "sink" every ship they are fired at. One missile may not flip a ship over and sink it, but it will leave it useless for many weeks till it goes back to the port and gets fixed up.
What that also means is that ships electronic systems will get compromised also. So the ship may not sink but (1): it can be damaged severely that its useless for ongoing operations and (2): a secondary attack will take it out as many (if not all) of its electronic systems were already dead or semi-useless due to the previous attack. Either way, the loss is at the ship's level if a missile at mach 4 pierces through the hull. So you better try to stop it before it penetrates.

Last edited:
Guys......:offtopic:. This is a JFT thread, not an anti-ship missile thread. Please open one up and this conversation can be taken to its respective thread.

To answer the bold part, can a ship withstand one missile's hit? YES, but why would anyone fire ONLY one missile onto a target as rich as an Indian AC (if you were the PN or the PAF)??

But you also need to remember...,this isn't a "Cruise missile" that hits at sub-sonic speed or in some cases, a little over Mach 1. This specific system hits at Mach 4. What that means, is that it can pierce through a LOT of hull just by its sheer kinetic force gained through high velocity. Now add high explosives to it, whatever sip it'll hit, it will ruin a significant portion of the ship.

The goal behind these weapons isn't to entirely "sink" every ship they are fired at. One missile may not flip a ship over and sink it, but it will leave it useless for many weeks till it goes back to the port and gets fixed up. What that also means is that ships electronic systems will get compromised also. So the ship may not sink but (1): it can be damaged severely that its useless for ongoing operations and (2): a secondary attack will take it out as many (if not all) of its electronic systems were already dead or semi-useless due to the previous attack. Either way, the loss is at the ship's level if a missile at mach 4 pierces through the hull. So you better try to stop it before it penetrates.
Totally agree with you Sir....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom