What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morocco would go for it. Algeria can also go for these as for Sri Lanka again yes but others not so sure. @Ceylal

Algeria was never interested in that particular craft. Algeria will have the SU 35 replacing the MIG 29s.

tidbit from ZAS.
The recurring theme here is that the WS-13 engine developed for JF-17 project (and can be used by other project) has unknown status even after years of development. The next generation engine of this class has lower priority than WS-15 and is years away from completion.
Sir.
It makes sense. China is currently having problems with the HIGH priorities WS 10& 15. PAF knows this and will not commit to a new engine unless it is better than the current one. To top it all off the Russians have offered us an even more advanced RD 93MA. So the Chinese will have to up their game even more before they get a nod from PAF. As we are the only current users it seems logical to put the project on back burner.
The Chinese problems appear to be production of the right alloy to mould and coat the turbine blades. Since this is a major milestone they want to perfect it for their high priority platforms first and then disseminate the technique down to other platforms. Realistically I would look at 2020- 22.
araz

Last edited:
Sir.
It makes sense. Chi a is currently having problems with the HIGH priorities WS 10& 15. PAF knows this and will not commit to a new engine unless it is better than the current one. To top it all off the Russians have offered us an even more advanced RD 93MA. So the Chinese will have to up their game even more before they get a nod fro. PAF. As we are the only current users it seems logical to put the project on back burner.
The Chinese pro lens appear to be production of the right alloy to mould and coat the turbine blades. Since this is a major milestone they want to perfect it for their high priority platforms first and then disseminate the technique down to other platforms. Realistically I would look at 2020- 22.
araz
To end the controversy with a clearer statement. Circa 2011.. even with the rumours on uncertainty in the online mill..the PAF had NO intentions to replace the RD-93 and was in no fear of losing it to sanctions or refusal to supply then.

To end the controversy with a clearer statement. Circa 2011.. even with the rumours on uncertainty in the online mill..the PAF had NO intentions to replace the RD-93 and was in no fear of losing it to sanctions or refusal to supply then.

Even with improved RD-93MA?

Is these new upgrade variants, RD-93MA and RD-33-MK and RD-33 series 3 all same thing ??

@araz , great post. Is RD-93MA & RD-33MK same thing.

@Oscar, do u mean 2 batches as 50 block I and 50 block II, ?

How many basic, underpowered, smokey RD-93s PAF ordered? As far I know, China bought 100 simple RD-93s, but some China used and some PAF used, & some for foreign customers.

WS-13 chinese is not reliable, so i donot think PAF will buy them....PAF made a right decision...but we must need to get TOT.

Last edited:
Is these new upgrade variants, RD-93MA and RD-93MK and RD-33 series 3 all same thing ??

@araz , great post. Is RD-93MA & RD-93MK same thing.

@Oscar, do u mean 2 batches as 50 block I and 50 block II, ?

How many basic, underpowered, smoky RD-93s PAF ordered? As far I know, China bought 100 simple RD-93s, but some China used and some PAF used, & some for foreign customers.

WS-13 chinese is not reliable, so i donot think PAF will buy them....PAF right decision...we need to get TOT.

RD-93MA with the thrust enhanced to 9,300 kgf for a foreign customer and the development of the upgraded RD-33MKM with a thrust of 9,500 kgf for the MiG corporation.
Take-off Magazine : RD-33: output on the rise

2. Yes, the blocks are only considered batches and the PAF finds it amusing the idea that the blocks signify a new aircraft in the rumour mills.

100 confirmed RD-93s.. basic ones... small improvements and changes done via direct
interaction and communication with Klimov representatives.

When are the earliest JF-17s coming up for the engine O/H considering that their Klimovs have a MTBO of abt 800 hrs? And where are the MRO facilities for that located?
They are over hauled at PAC,Kamra... There are pics (posted on this forum)...

10615530_312561658948666_397386008069377308_n.jpg

When all these weapons integrated it is one hell of a beast. I am loving it. :yahoo::pakistan::china:
It is going better and better as time passes .... Too many variety of weapon and choices make it a hell of a fighter jet

I personally like to see one more addition like (typhoon Anti tank brimstone multipurpose missile) ... Multiple racks with this missile can be devastating against enemy tank columns

It is going better and better as time passes .... Too many variety of weapon and choices make it a hell of a fighter jet

I personally like to see one more addition like (typhoon Anti tank brimstone multipurpose missile) ... Multiple racks with this missile can be devastating against enemy tank columns
Please post pictures of that kind of Missiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom