What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take at least the next 2 years
2 to 2.5 years is good speed I must say economy is bad other wise with better economy and export orders we should increase production and maintenance rate.

2 to 2.5 years is good speed I must say economy is bad other wise with better economy and export orders we should increase production and maintenance rate.

All in due time mate. Things are going in the right direction albeit slowly.

Check out the JF-17 near vertical take off, quite impressive.

Out of habit, i looked for the black engine smoke and was surprised to not see any significant smoke this time around, did they quite smoking cigarettes? :P

Anyway, the flight was quite impressive, specially loved the take off.

Last edited:

Out of habit, i looked for the black engine smoke and was surprised to not see any significant smoke this time around, did they quite smoking cigarettes? :P

The aircraft is evolving as all the kinks are sorted out.

That was pretty awesome ✌

The aircraft is evolving as all the kinks are sorted out.

They were bound to. PAF is quite serious about this project and they should be. What is better than having a well equipped modern fighter jet manufactured at home, inducted in numbers and all in low price. The pilots will get to know this place inside out and will be of immense help in combat operations. Most importantly, it is a HUGE improvement on the planes it is replacing.

All in due time mate. Things are going in the right direction albeit slowly.
Yes and they can escalate if economy is improved and corruption is reduced and than obviously defence budget is increased massively.

They were bound to. PAF is quite serious about this project and they should be. What is better than having a well equipped modern fighter jet manufactured at home, inducted in numbers and all in low price. The pilots will get to know this place inside out and will be of immense help in combat operations. Most importantly, it is a HUGE improvement on the planes it is replacing.

2 old ones = one JTF.

Does any body knows how much Myanmar requested or planned to buy these planes, when the delegation came here for a visit.

2 old ones = one JTF.
maybe even more sir. Considering the EW suite, radar, the weapon it will carry. Specially once we integrate good net centric capabilities, then that JFT will equal two three JFT of today i guess. an AESA radar and net centric capability will be a major boost and will enable t JF-17 to counter almost anything enemy have to throw at us for now. Not saying it will be Superior to everything but will be able to COUNTER/ Fight with almost anything the enemy can currently threaten us with.

To anyone at Paris Air Show, please get and post an image of the information board.

Thanks,
Tempest

To anyone at Paris Air Show, please get and post an image of the information board.

Thanks,
Tempest
well i am not in pairs personally but what exactly you are looking for?

well i am not in pairs personally but what exactly you are looking for?
One of these posters that gives information about the plane. In fact they will likely put posters on all the weapons too and it would be great to have that info. It gives the latest and more up-to-date information than we already have.
JF-17 specifications (Ideas 2014).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom