What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not many images of the installed IFR are available so far... and not a single one during flight/ aerial refueling.
The block-2 is undergoing tests for different parameters.

Block 2 JF-17 makes first flight ahead of Block 3 improvements - IHS Jane's 360

Following is one clear image , that was posted before as well.
The images was taken at PAC Kamra.

lyzjn5zqmjt.jpg

IFR can be easily installed upon mission requirement at airbase in short notice. China J-10A can easily have this mod too and most w/o the IFR. I am sure its the same for JF-17 blk 2

Hey i wanted to ask something. How is JF17 in comparison to F16 with respect to Aerodynamically, put aside the engine difference and compare with respect to design only. Some one with reliable knowledge.

Hey i wanted to ask something. How is JF17 in comparison to F16 with respect to Aerodynamically, put aside the engine difference and compare with respect to design only. Some one with reliable knowledge.
Well the engine forms an integral part in deciding the acceleration and maintenance of energy in an aircraft in maneuvers. Other than that the JF 17 has a conventional layout with LERX which gives the aircraft more lift in slow maneuvering. The JF 17 and F 16 follow almost the same lay out. The JF 17 is comparable to F 16 in a slow manuvering flight.
The JF 17 can match the F 16 in a sustained turn rate but the extra engine thrust the F 16 has will dictate the Instantaneous turn rate which is more important in the point first and shoot first category.

why aren't we are using "WS-9 Qin Ling" engine to power the JFs. It has 63KN on Dry and 98KN on AB and its almost the same in size with 2000 hours. if use this engine i think we will get Way better result w.r.t aerodynamically plus we can use more power needed EW, Radar etc. It immensely improve the aircraft's abilities.

why aren't we are using "WS-9 Qin Ling" engine to power the JFs. It has 63KN on Dry and 98KN on AB and its almost the same in size with 2000 hours. if use this engine i think we will get Way better result w.r.t aerodynamically plus we can use more power needed EW, Radar etc. It immensely improve the aircraft's abilities.

Kindly first check through googling specs of both engines, compare them and see if there is minor / major difference and then see the aircrafts it is currently being used with, may be then you come to the conclusion that each engine can not be installed in every aircraft. Aircraft are made around their engines, so you can not fix every engine in them.

Kindly first check through googling specs of both engines, compare them and see if there is minor / major difference and then see the aircrafts it is currently being used with, may be then you come to the conclusion that each engine can not be installed in every aircraft. Aircraft are made around their engines, so you can not fix every engine in them.
The Merlin Engine was designed specially for the Spitfire.

The Merlin Engine was designed specially for the Spitfire.

Not to derail the thread, a study of the Origin section of the below link may give a better idea of how the Merlin engine came into being from the PV-12 model and how it went into the Spitfire, plus in other aircraft of that time.

Anyway, exceptions can be there, but generally we see that aircraft are modeled around engines of current times and incase an engine which has to come in future. No hard and fast rule.

Not to derail the thread, a study of the Origin section of the below link may give a better idea of how the Merlin engine came into being from the PV-12 model and how it went into the Spitfire, plus in other aircraft of that time.

Anyway, exceptions can be there, but generally we see that aircraft are modeled around engines of current times and incase an engine which has to come in future. No hard and fast rule.

Two days back I saw a BBC documentary regarding the Merlin engine and Spitfire. In that it was stated that the designer always preferred to design the engine specifically for the aircraft he was intending to design. Though at the time it was vital because he was designing aircraft that could fly faster then the ones other had.

Unfortunately the link that you have mentioned is not posted.

As far as JF-17's construction is concerned it is designed to take on varies engines. Though till now only 3 Types have officially been named that have been installed and tested (Pictures are available online). Though there are others that can also be installed. I am sure you would know more about them then me.

Even today F-35 uses a new Engine though it is based on a older design.

My intention was not to derail the thread but only highlight that there is no hard and fast rule that an existing engine is going to power a new aircraft and there are instances where both are new.

@nomi007
Wasn't there a reference to a new type of helmet that is going to be available for PAF.

Hi,

Incidently---the JF 17 has not been designed " around an engine "-----the JF 17 is a modular design---and it had been touted on the media for many a years----which means that with a little modification---it can accept engines within similar parameter without going thru a major structural change---.

Same thing with the cockpit electronics as well----.

And same thing with the IFR probe----. The aircraft will have the plumbing for in flight refueling---and the probe installed.

Salam Mi Baap kahan hain aap ??? Tarsa dia post ko aap nay ... Sub khariat hai na sir Jee ??

Good to see u back and hope to read some quality stuff :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom