What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
IFR design is bulshit why not like dessault rafeal

IFR on Block-2s is expected in 2016. I strongly believe the reason for putting off IFR installations is because they didnt like the one pictured above as it was never introduced on other Block-1s. So no need to worry, most likely another alternative is in development.

using sun as the flare
11139392_816725701748799_1906468842445811688_n.jpg

the sole purpose of IFR is to receive fuel during flight, not to make fan boys fall in "love" with its size or angle, just like one uses a straw to sip drink and not be bothered by its side , design or colour

IFR position should be such it doesnt hinder Pilot sight. This IFR side is hindering good chunk of right view of pilot

IFR position should be such it doesnt hinder Pilot sight. This IFR side is hindering good chunk of right view of pilot
This is exactly the position of IFR on the South African Cheetahs. It could have been extended little further such as in the case of Rafale or if it could be made retractable, then it would be best, but I guess PAF went for the simplest and most cost effective solution. The fact that we do not see the Blk-2 with IFR may also suggest that a repositioning of IFR is being considered? I do not know.

This is exactly the position of IFR on the South African Cheetahs. It could have been extended little further such as in the case of Rafale or if it could be made retractable, then it would be best, but I guess PAF went for the simplest and most cost effective solution. The fact that we do not see the Blk-2 with IFR may also suggest that a repositioning of IFR is being considered? I do not know.

I dont know about South africans but PAF puts more emphasis on WVR and dog fighting and in these fights this cost effective solution will be a hindrance in spotting adversaries quickly unless they decide to introduce HMD/S

IFR on Block-2s is expected in 2016. I strongly believe the reason for putting off IFR installations is because they didnt like the one pictured above as it was never introduced on other Block-1s. So no need to worry, most likely another alternative is in development.

internal change of plumbing is not a easy job.

3rd JFT Squadron belongs to the CCS

Attachments

• 1430633560747.jpg
    1430633560747.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 234
Reactions: HRK
One will see this sword on the forward fuselage just below the canopy

PAF Number 27 Squadron Zarrars are rumored to the 3rd JFT Sqd. Its a Tactical Attack Sqd with Mirage Rose 3s.

I would have hoped it should have been a F-7P sqd that got the replacement. Maybe with JFTs #27 turning to multirole

JFT cockpit

Attachments

• 1430639712886.jpg
    1430639712886.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 254
Reactions: HRK
11174326_366925706845594_2823526190063125843_o.jpg

-JF-17 Thunder and JAS-39C both fighters are belong to 4th gen family and light weight/single engine aircrafts.JF-17 Thunder is powered by Russian made RD-93 (Mig-29's engine) and it's engine thrust is 98kN while JAS-39C Gripen is powered by RM12 (developed from F-404 Engine) and it's engine thrust is 80.5kN but Thunder has much better engine thrust than Gripen.both fighters could give the tough time to each other in CAC (Close Air Combat) due to their advanced aerodynamics.

-JF-17 Thunder has total 7 weapon stations while JAS-39C Gripen has total 8 weapons stations and both fighters have wingtips on which they can carry short/medium range air to air missiles.

-JF-17 Thunder and JAS-39C Gripen give the modern platform to the weapons and both fighters are multirole aircrafts.

-Price tag of JF-17 Thunder is only $15-20 million while JAS-39C has $50+ miilion of price tag.

-No doubt JAS-39C uses modern technology than JF-17 Thunder because it's many components are U.S supplied while JF-17 Thunder has Chinese and Pakistani components but upgraded variant of JF 17 Block-2 will easily compete JAS-39C Gripen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom