What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to derail the thread, a study of the Origin section of the below link may give a better idea of how the Merlin engine came into being from the PV-12 model and how it went into the Spitfire, plus in other aircraft of that time.

Anyway, exceptions can be there, but generally we see that aircraft are modeled around engines of current times and incase an engine which has to come in future. No hard and fast rule.

Where you have been mate? Welcome back

Engine-------------------RD93-------------------WS-9 Qin Ling (Spey)

Length-------------------4.25m-------------------5.2m
Diameter----------------1.04m-------------------1.09m
Weight-------------------1135Kg-----------------1527Kg
Thrust(Dry, AB)------- (50, 81.3)KN----------(63, 98)KN

I don't think this will be so difficult to install this Engine. The Thrust it is giving is great and China is making it.

A 1 meter difference in length and 450+KG difference in weight and you say it won't be difficult. You guys should seriously think before giving suggestions. Also, RD-93 is quoted with 1055KG weight and WS-13 may be having 1135KG weight.

Well i guess may be i am wrong it won't be that easy.

A 1 meter difference in length and 450+KG difference in weight and you say it won't be difficult. You guys should seriously think before giving suggestions. Also, RD-93 is quoted with 1055KG weight and WS-13 may be having 1135KG weight.

Hi,

What's up my man? What is it---did your wife kick you out of the house and you have nothing to do except to come back here or like me you are in limbo for retirement!!!!!!!

Good to see you back.

MOHAFIZ
Chaff & Flare Dispenser System

infrared02.png
  • Mohafiz Chaff & Flare dispenser system is an electromagnetic (RF) and Infrared (IR) countermeasure self-protection dispensing system for airborne objects
  • Chaff gives protection against Radar Guided Missile and Flare protects against infrared guided missiles
  • When this system is integrated with radar warning receiver (RWR) and missile approach warning system (MAWS), the Mohafiz CFD system is effective in multiple threat environments

Nice to see you back. Where have you been. Hipe to see ýou around more often.

INFRARED FLARES & MOHAFIZ
Aircraft counter measure for decoying heat seeking missiles. These IR Flares are compatible with both NATO & Warsaw standard aircraft.

Technical specifications

infrared01.png
CMF 1
CMF 2

Aircraft NATO Chinese
Dispensers ALE 29 A, ALE 39, ALE 47 GT-1, GT-1P
Firing Requirement 05 A pulse for 50 ms 0.7 A pulse for 35 ms
Burning Time > 4 Sec > 4 Sec

All in all, Block-2 is a disappointment. With 2-3 year delay, one would had expected they would add datalinks, increase material quality (composites) on JF-17 and it would integrate and operationalize weapons in a timely manner. Weapon trails being occuring since 2011 and yet mid-2016 is the time they gave where JF-17 would be able to integrate complete suit of weapons. Apart from weapons, No POD has been integrated or tested. NO Ra'ad has been integrated or tested. No news of datalink. No new hardpoint added. No wonder if it is pushed for Block 3. Ugly IFR is delayed until 2016.

And all the talks of Block-3 appearance in 2017-2018 is a hogwash as well. With RD-93MA available for JF-17 in 2019 and usual delays which is expected to occur due to introduction of AESA radar and once again integrating weapons with it . One should expect Block-3 arrival on scene only in late-2019 or in 2020

One has to look What Swedes done with Gripen NG. Structural changes to accommodate new hard points and increase in fuel capacity. New IRST. New composite materials.

@MastanKhan Your happiness might be short lived. PAF is known for taking short cuts and no wonder if Block-3 would be another water down version of what is being expected. I don't expect them to go down the Gripen NG path by redesigning the frame to accommodate new engine, redesigning landing gear to accommodate more fuel. It would be too much hassle and time consuming for PAF wallas. If minor upgrades on Block-2 would cause such delays, one might wonder how much time would be spend on block 3 then.

Last edited:
All in all, Block-2 is a disappointment. With 2-3 year delay, one would had expected they would add datalinks, increase material quality (composites) on JF-17 and it would integrate and operationalize weapons in a timely manner. Weapon trails being occuring since 2011 and yet mid-2016 is the time they gave where JF-17 would be able to integrate complete suit of weapons. Apart from weapons, No POD has been integrated or tested. NO Ra'ad has been integrated or tested. No news of datalink. No new hardpoint added. No wonder if it is pushed for Block 3. Ugly IFR is delayed until 2016.

And all the talks of Block-3 appearance in 2017-2018 is a hogwash as well. With RD-93MA available for JF-17 in 2019 and usual delays which is expected to occur due to introduction of AESA radar and once again integrating weapons with it . One should expect Block-3 arrival on scene only in late-2019 or in 2020

One has to look What Swedes done with Gripen NG. Structural changes to accommodate new hard points and increase in fuel capacity. New IRST. New composite materials.

@MastanKhan Your happiness might be short lived. PAF is known for taking short cuts and no wonder if Block-3 would be another water down version of what is being expected. I don't expect them to go down the Gripen NG path by redesigning the frame to accommodate new engine, redesigning landing gear to accommodate more fuel. It would be too much hassle and time consuming for PAF wallas. If minor upgrades on Block-2 would cause such delays, one might wonder how much time would be spend on block 3 then.
Sir regarding RD-93 MA, according to JF-17.com "The most significant difference being the re positioning of the gearbox along the bottom of the engine casing."If this is true then we just need to invest money into Klimov RD-33mk(JSC "Klimov" - RD-33MK it is more powerful then all RD-33 family,but it looks like you are right sir two days ago i witnessed circuit performance at Mushaf they make a lot of noise due to those 2 tanks it's turn rate is slow,only thing which can put this fighter in long run is..
1) increase in air frame length up to 3 feet(will increase internal fuel and space for avionics)
2)CFT's
3)Moving landing gear into wings like NG.
4)OLS radar like Mig 35
IF they try to stick with it better we go for MIG-35 or J-10 we need jets not metros

With RD-93MA available for JF-17 in 2019

No doubt this is the preferred new engine for the JF-17
With the French engine that would power the Twin seat JF-17 is that not going to be also a good option. It has 100 KG less weight then RD-93 and hence the modification of second seat can be made.

Is there any testing done with that engine on the current single seat JFT?

1) increase in air frame length up to 3 feet(will increase internal fuel and space for avionics)

Increasing the air frame would only give space of avionics, pilot and radar but it would not allow extra fuel. The wings provide space for Fuel. Now if that is increased then many things can be achieved. Unfortunately a compromise between the two is required. Any structural redesign would also require a more powerful power plant (Engine).

Hi,

I am looking at the JF 17 on its own merits----. If you look at my years old post---I had stated that this aircraft was not the aircraft that was needed for the hour---but that is what we got---.

It is not what this aircraft has and what it does not have---the most important thing amongst everything about this aircraft is----what is the loiter time---. If it is 45 minute---then it is a worthless aircraft-----regardless of what it has----.

Then those who designed this aircraft on our side and pushed for it---need to be tried for treason and hanged.

Hi,

I am looking at the JF 17 on its own merits----. If you look at my years old post---I had stated that this aircraft was not the aircraft that was needed for the hour---but that is what we got---.

It is not what this aircraft has and what it does not have---the most important thing amongst everything about this aircraft is----what is the loiter time---. If it is 45 minute---then it is a worthless aircraft-----regardless of what it has----.

Then those who designed this aircraft on our side and pushed for it---need to be tried for treason and hanged.
Sir,

What we have is enough to defend Pakistan Airspace, though it could have been done using SAM's. Recently Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his visit to France last month had signed an agreement to buy 36 Rafale fighter jets in fly-away condition for over $6 billion. If PAF is able to get $ 6 billlion it can procure 108 aircraft JF-17's or F-16's or J-10's which can be a great force multiplier. Even with a 45 min loiter time it can give the other assists enough support but for that it would require to have a larger quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom